(Welcome to test it on my server!)
Attachments
screen184.png
screen184.png (194.92 KiB) Viewed 1593 times

bzt

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.66.2]

by bzt » Post

Dear Wuzzy,

Any news from the update? Knowing how much work needs to be done, is there an (approximately) estimated time of arrival?

Cheers,
bzt

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Version 0.67.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.67.0 is out! Nicknamed “The Potions Update”!

This version has seen major contributions from the new team members kay27, bzoss, ryvn and MysticTempest.
bzoss added status effects and potions, a major new feature.
Kay27, ryvn and MysticTempest made some code optimazions and bugfixes.
Kay27 worked on Russian translation.
Thanks for the hard work, everyone! This is a big step forwards!

Highlights:
  • Added status effects like Leaping or Fire Resistance
  • Added Brewing Stand
  • Added Potions, Splash Potions and Lingering Potions
  • Add “/effect” command to add status effects to you (only for testing at the moment)
  • Enabled various brewing-related items like Ghast Tear or Speckled Melon
Refer to the in-game help to learn how the new items work.

Graphics:
  • Change Field Of View when sprinting
  • More particles: Noteblock, leaf/vine decay, anvil damage, critical bow damage
  • Periodic block particles (disabled by default because of bad performance, can be enabled with setting): Torch flame, furnace flame, fire smoke, lava droplet
  • Use top block texture for sprinting particles
Blocks:
  • Fix furnace timing when you leave them or skip the nights
  • Fix dispensers placing unusable shulker boxes
  • Fix shulker boxes losing their name when placed
  • Allow to have some sight when inside lava
  • Add (alive) Chorus Flower in Creative Mode, remove Dead Chorus Flower
  • Fix Creative Mode handling for item frame
  • Increase max. name length at anvil to 35
  • Fix beds sometimes refusing to let you sleep for moving "too fast" even if you stand still
  • Make dried kelp craftable from dried kelp block
Mobs:
  • Make mobs smarter with regards to water and cliffs
  • Dying mobs can no longer be pointed
  • Lower spider speed
  • Endermen now can take mycelium
  • Enderman behavoior improvements
  • Other mob-related tweaks
Other:
  • Update translations: Russian, French, German
  • Fix sound/particle bug in explosions mod
  • Rename and move texture: tnt_smoke.png to mcl_particles_smoke.png

paju1986

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.67.0]

by paju1986 » Post

Updated to 0.67.0 on my server i see a major performance hit. FPS before the update where well on the 60fps and now it drops almost to unusable levels, i think i should have to do with all those new particles or something...

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Set the setting `mcl_node_particles` to `none`.

paju1986

by paju1986 » Post

Thanks Wuzzy, that fixes the performance issues, 60fps all the way. Unfortunally no more particles, but i suppose till they can be more optimized i will have to have them disabled.

Regards!

qawsedrftgzh
GitHub: qawsedrftgzh

by qawsedrftgzh » Post

I noticed that in minecraft mobs can be pushed by pistons in mineclone this is not like this. Also the lores can fall from rails. Can you add this for the next release
My English is not so good, because I am german

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

paju1986 wrote: FPS before the update where well on the 60fps and now it drops almost to unusable levels,
Same here. Yesterday, FPS soon went to zero(!) in a new world, and the client became extremly inresponsive in other worlds without anything much going on.
Wuzzy wrote: Set the setting `mcl_node_particles` to `none`.
Thanks for changing the default back to something more reasonable. My machine definitely can't handle the settings that where the temporal default. But it works all nicely again now.
A list of my mods can be found here.

excavenger

by excavenger » Post

Okay I tried starting a new world with the new update but the game just gives me an error message. Here's the copy of the debug.txt

2020-08-24 00:33:35: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from D:\Documents\Saved Games\minetest-5.2.0-win64\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ITEMS\mcl_maps\init.lua:
2020-08-24 00:33:35: ERROR[Main]: ...n64\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ITEMS\mcl_maps\init.lua:97: attempt to call field 'is_creative_enabled' (a nil value)
2020-08-24 00:33:35: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-08-24 00:33:35: ERROR[Main]: ...n64\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ITEMS\mcl_maps\init.lua:97: in main chunk
2020-08-24 00:33:35: ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.
2020-08-24 00:33:35: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down

Idk what is different, since i haven't changed a single setting after the update.
I have tried to revert back to 66.2 but now it also gives me this same error.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

excavenger: You need Minetest 5.3.0 now.

excavenger

by excavenger » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 07:27
excavenger: You need Minetest 5.3.0 now.
Oh. I'm... embarrassed lol.
Idk how I missed that, thank you.

Wuzzy

Version 0.67.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.67.1 is released, a bugfix release.

This fixes a crash when a night vision splash potion hits a mob (thanks, MysticTempest!).
The periodic node particles (torch flames, etc.) have been disabled by default for performance reasons. You can still customize this now experimental setting, but it's a real performance eater.

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.67.1]

by Nicu » Post

That's great news, but the furnaces are broken now. I placed some logs in one, in both slots, to make charcoal, and the furnace fired up but it didn't convert the logs to charcoal, it didn't consume fuel, and it didn't show any progress on that arrow.

Once I mined the furnace with a pickaxe, I got it in my inventory, I put it back in its place and it was no longer lit. Then I reproduced the bug two more times, just to be sure it's consistent, and I got the same behavior. I then repeated the procedure with another furnace and the same thing happened.

Grigor

by Grigor » Post

Ahoy, Wuzzy! Thanks so much for a very addictive game!
Not sure if this is a bug, I often get this error message at the start:

Code: Select all

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): Invalid position (expected table got nil).
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'get_node_or_nil'
	...\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_item_entity\init.lua:525: in function 'on_step_old'
	...mes\mineclone2\mods\ENVIRONMENT\mcl_void_damage\init.lua:17: in function <...mes\mineclone2\mods\ENVIRONMENT\mcl_void_damage\init.lua:16>
...followed by a crash. This usually happens if I've closed the game by force (alt F4) or pressed "Exit to OS" from the pause menu. It mostly doesn't happen pressing "Exit to Menu". Starting the game again a second (or rarely third) time resolves the issue. This does not normally happen on regular Minetest. I'm using Minetest 5.3 and Mineclone2 0.67.1.

Also finding it very difficult to get into the finer points of potions, rarer materials etc... Is this deliberate? For my own use I've modified JP's Crafting Guide Mod (viewtopic.php?t=14088) and it's opened up a whole new world of experimentation and clues to follow.

Thanks again for a great game!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

but the furnaces are broken now. I placed some logs in one, in both slots, to make charcoal, and the furnace fired up but it didn't convert the logs to charcoal, it didn't consume fuel, and it didn't show any progress on that arrow.
Can you please post your minetest.conf, Minetest version number and MineClone 2 version number?

EDIT: By the way, I made a panic release 0.67.2 to fix 2 crashes (but not the furnaces. Not everyone seems to have the furnace problem btw. Let's see if the minetest.conf will help me).

Nicu

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.67.2]

by Nicu » Post

After you pointed out to the config file, I wanted to see if that could really be a factor, so I renamed the file and started the game without one. The result: the furnace worked.

But with the old config file having 85 settings, it wasn't easy to figure out which one was responsible, so I started reading them. After a few experiments with toggling creative mode and checking for any other mods that would interfere, it turned out that wasn't the case. Then I noticed time_speed = 0 and I had a revelation: what if the furnaces rely so much on time that they only work if the time flows?

I was right, the furnaces worked again once I removed that variable. Now considering Minetest hasn't gotten an update in the meantime, and the furnaces worked before the latest MC2 update, it's safe to say the furnaces can be fixed in MC2.

Do you still want the full configuration file to take a look at the other variables, just in case?

kay27
GitHub: kay27

by kay27 » Post

I would really appreciate too much if somebody explain what does it mean, what you expect to get with time_speed = 0. Yes, it can break furnace's timing :(

Update, hahaha, yes! I found a post by Wuzzy which explains it completely: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15227

Soooooo... if you stop the time you still want furnace to work or it must stop as it currently does?

Update 2: @Nicu Thank you so much for this:
Nicu wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 14:26
Then I noticed time_speed = 0 and I had a revelation: what if the furnaces rely so much on time that they only work if the time flows?
Actually I already tried to consider that but it didn't work as expected... so I made another fix. Probably some testing is needed.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

kay27 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 21:28
Probably some testing is needed.
Of course I did my own tests and they passed well.
But it has a long history, I just a bit worry about it.
Game time is the only time source for inactive areas if you want them to 'work' when you leave the game or go far away from them and then come back. So I don't think time_speed=0 is a correct setting. It caused division by zero in my previous code :(

What is a really big surprise for me is how Lua treats division by zero. It just sets 'inf' value and doesn't stop the thread with the error like the most of old programming languages do... So technically it's correct: when the time didn't run we got an infinite 'time multiplier' and furnaces stopped according the formula:

time_multiplier = 24(hours)*60(minutes)*60(seconds) / time_speed = 86400 / 0 = inf

Now zero, negative and extremely small values are just ignored and the algorithm falls back to its old version which works only when you stay near.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

kay27 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:45
it has a long history
I know, I'm kneekoo in the bug tracker. :) I still have some feedback to add there, but I have to properly articulate it first (tomorrow, maybe). It's related to cooking/smelting and a few other details around the performance hit introduced with the particles.

Thanks for fixing the furnace! :)

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Nicu wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 03:32
I still have some feedback to add there, but I have to properly articulate it first (tomorrow, maybe). It's related to cooking/smelting and a few other details around the performance hit introduced with the particles.
Yes, particles cause performance problem. I saw the same when tried to build big Nether portals. When the graphics isn't too heavy it's still acceptable more or less. But Wuzzy decided to disable nice particles of working furnace too. Maybe it's possible to re-enable them back, as they don't overload the CPU as much as for example the torches did, by their smoke rings.

We also discussed another but the same timing problem of growing plants... I did some experiments and got very strange results, unpredictable for me. I used meta to store the time and the average light value recalculating it time to time, but it helped only a little! I plan to continue but I need to be sure that furnaces work as expected for you first

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Added a growth for unloaded farming plants through lbm function* for group:plant. It uses the time in the same manner as furnaces, that's why I updated my fork only and will test on my servers for some time. This is the patch. Unfortunately it doesn't affect unloaded trees for the moment.

goats

by goats » Post

That's hilarious. Personally, i merely edited the file to let the portal be a size i want (say, if i made it too wide on accident by not paying attention, and i have no diamond tools :D ).

End portals, on the other hand... when they generate all broken and missing pieces, inside solid rock, are less easy to fix, and one has to use the /give option. I mean, no way am i wandering 10k in some rando direction and try to find a different portal. Would destroying a portal even make an Eye of Ender ignore it? I don't even know. (I noticed how the portal frames are picky about orientation, but oddly, not completely picky.)

A newbie killed you
In-game: Warthog and other names

by A newbie killed you » Post

Best game in minetest i ever seen!

Just two problems i find very annoying: if you stay in one place for too long, too many animals or monsters spawn in same area, animals need to spawn on a wide area (and when i run /clearobjects banner wool and text on signs is deleted)

And: when im using vallyes mapgen, the animals ALWAYS gathering in big crowds in the rivers and dont get up! Really annoying, you can run a mob farm down there! Its a really big problem, can you please fix it somehow?
Got the most powerful handgun in capture the flag, and it would blow your head clean off, youve got to ask yourself one question - Do I feel lucky?