[Game] Farlands [v1 - The Beginning]

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [Game] Farlands [v1 - The Beginning]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

wat? set_velocity() is in minetest's API, no? maybe the problem comes from self:set_velocity
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Geomorpho

by Geomorpho » Post

I commented out line 206 in farlands\mods\mobs_npc/npc.lua, which at least gets the game working again. Not sure what that code is supposed to do. Villagers are still wandering around. :p

D00Med
GitHub: D00Med

by D00Med » Post

I made a small update. Fixed some minor things.
The only really notable thing is that crystals now spawn naturally at certain depths (-1500 to -2000)
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I think it has been some time since this mod merged minetest_game into it, since there is no tin (fake ores for this could shoot out spikes.)

D00Med

by D00Med » Post

Yes, it was going to be merged for v1.1, but I don't know what's happened to that.
It will be but it might take a while before the update is done.

jakab
IRC: jakab
In-game: jakab

by jakab » Post

hi :)

i would like to play this game, it looks awesome. but i only have minetest 4.15
i had some errors, and propally becoulse the old minetest :)
could you help me ?

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

jakab wrote:hi :)

could you help me ?
Are you able to get the latest Minetest? Do you know how?
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
jakab wrote:hi :)

could you help me ?
Are you able to get the latest Minetest? Do you know how?
0.4.16 stable can be found on this page:
https://www.minetest.net/downloads/

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I noticed that there are no shields in this mod to go along with the armor sets. You might want to add them.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I am afraid that this game should be considered dead. You see, Toby109tt left the Minetest community (because somebody made him angry and caused him to leave,) and this project's repository is not seeing any activity lately. Forking is the only hope for it now.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

Well this game is not dead (I will make a version for Qub³d aka minecore) but for minetest it probably is yes
(because somebody made him angry and caused him to leave,)
That somebody is the Mt dev team and I'm not only angry but also disappointed

Luckely for you I had my email notification on for this topic (that is now undone)
But yeah I'm still gone thanks for liking farlands I hope you will also enjoy minecore when it's done :)

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Move topic to old games.
toby109tt wrote:That somebody is the Mt dev team and I'm not only angry but also disappointed
I've seen many forks of Minetest since I've been here, and all but 2 of them have died. Maintaining a fork is difficult. Creating that topic before you had any progress what-so-ever is why you got negative replies, because it looked like a pure ideas project only, and not something that would every happen - realistically. I challenged you to actually prove us wrong, but instead you decided to prove us right by quitting that. Not only that, you also shot yourself in the foot by losing 7 years of development to start again from scratch.

There have only been two forks which have succeeded. Voxelands and MultiCraft.

MultiCraft is a very shallow fork, so can "leach" off of Minetest - it's very easy to merge changes from Minetest to MultiCraft. This makes development very easy. MultiCraft also has a large attraction to users due to having modifications to make it easier to use on mobile funs and good branding.

Voxelands has a small user base of dedicated users. It has a purpose which is different to Minetest, which means that it attracts people that do not like the game engine direction of MT.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

toby109tt wrote:Well this game is not dead (I will make a version for Qub³d aka minecore) but for minetest it probably is yes
(because somebody made him angry and caused him to leave,)
That somebody is the Mt dev team and I'm not only angry but also disappointed

Luckely for you I had my email notification on for this topic (that is now undone)
But yeah I'm still gone thanks for liking farlands I hope you will also enjoy minecore when it's done :)
Then the following is very fitting:
They all come to the Minetest community seeing a beautiful utopia where all their dreams come true, because that is what they want to see. When the fantasy ends and the ugly reality sets in, they all become depressed and leave. I have asked people like RichieFromBoston and The Fullerton Informer what they think of Minetest and open-source projects in general, because they understand how the world really is, but none of them have ever answered me. When it comes to Minetest, I guess they don't need to, now do they, because they probably wouldn't like it.

Interested parties, if you want to see anymore activity in Farlands, then fork it and work on it yourself, because that is the only option that you have now.

D00Med

by D00Med » Post

Inocudom wrote:I am afraid that this game should be considered dead. You see, Toby109tt left the Minetest community (because somebody made him angry and caused him to leave,) and this project's repository is not seeing any activity lately. Forking is the only hope for it now.
That is really not for you to say.
Either Toby or I will say when it is dead (and I would hope that Toby would tell me).
I intend to finish off our plans for v1.1 at least, and keep the game working with each version of minetest.

That said, I have less and less time for minetest these days, so maybe I won't get around to it.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

D00Med wrote:
Inocudom wrote:I am afraid that this game should be considered dead. You see, Toby109tt left the Minetest community (because somebody made him angry and caused him to leave,) and this project's repository is not seeing any activity lately. Forking is the only hope for it now.
That is really not for you to say.
Either Toby or I will say when it is dead (and I would hope that Toby would tell me).
I intend to finish off our plans for v1.1 at least, and keep the game working with each version of minetest.

That said, I have less and less time for minetest these days, so maybe I won't get around to it.
When it comes to projects for Minetest, getting help and having other people getting involved is mandatory. That way, should anything bad happen to one developer, another one can carry the weight. However, there first needs to be a group of people that actually cares about Farlands. If anybody reading this is part of that group, then say so.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Inocudom wrote:When it comes to projects for Minetest, getting help and having other people getting involved is mandatory. That way, should anything bad happen to one developer, another one can carry the weight. However, there first needs to be a group of people that actually cares about Farlands. If anybody reading this is part of that group, then say so.
Enough with the back seat driving. Stop telling other people what to do.

D00Med

by D00Med » Post

texmex wrote:
Inocudom wrote:When it comes to projects for Minetest, getting help and having other people getting involved is mandatory. That way, should anything bad happen to one developer, another one can carry the weight. However, there first needs to be a group of people that actually cares about Farlands. If anybody reading this is part of that group, then say so.
Yes please.
I just said that I will continue the project now that Toby has left.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

D00Med wrote:
texmex wrote:
Yes please.
I just said that I will continue the project now that Toby has left.
This is exactly what I wanted you guys to say the whole time. Thank you, my friends. Now, to vent my anger:

Code: Select all

>:-( Ever heard the saying that a thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy, Inocudom!? No!? Well, guess what!? That saying pretty much sums you up! Hahahahahahahahahaha! Get rekt, Inocudom! >:-(
Now that's what I call a good roasting! That scumbag better listen too, I'll tell you guys that right now. If he knows what is good for his computer, he sure will.

I like Farlands. It is a good game.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Incodumn wrote:
texmex wrote:Enough with the back seat driving. Stop telling other people what to do.
D00Med wrote:I just said that I will continue the project now that Toby has left.
This is exactly what I wanted you guys to say the whole time. Thank you, my friends. Now, to vent my anger:

Code: Select all

>:-( Ever heard the saying that a thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy, Inocudom!? No!? Well, guess what!? That saying pretty much sums you up! Hahahahahahahahahaha! Get rekt, Inocudom! >:-(
Now that's what I call a good roasting! That scumbag better listen too, I'll tell you guys that right now. If he knows what is good for his computer, he sure will.

I like Farlands. It is a good game.
This comment borders on insanity....
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Stix wrote:insanity....
What's that? Sounds fun :D
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Fluffgar
GitHub: Fluffgar
In-game: Fluffgar

by Fluffgar » Post

What does this mean? Game crashed out with this and now does this whenever I load up that world again.
Fluffgardian Texture Pack viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19956

D00Med

by D00Med » Post

I'll have a look. In the meantime, try removing "-master" from the folder name.

Astrobe

by Astrobe » Post

Fluffgar wrote:What does this mean? Game crashed out with this and now does this whenever I load up that world again.
I can't read the screenshot really well but I think I've seen that issue mentioned in the forum before. The code should be "self:set_velocity" IIRC. Or just comment-out the offending line. It's a bug that was present in previous versions of mobs_redo.
My game? It's Minefall.

Fluffgar
GitHub: Fluffgar
In-game: Fluffgar

by Fluffgar » Post

Astrobe wrote:
Fluffgar wrote:What does this mean? Game crashed out with this and now does this whenever I load up that world again.
I can't read the screenshot really well but I think I've seen that issue mentioned in the forum before. The code should be "self:set_velocity" IIRC. Or just comment-out the offending line. It's a bug that was present in previous versions of mobs_redo.
Commenting out that line does seem to have helped as a world it happened in does actually load now. Thanks.
Fluffgardian Texture Pack viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19956

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Please update to Minetest 0.4.16
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader