[Game] Subterranean [Abandoned]

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

[Game] Subterranean [Abandoned]

by v-rob » Fri Oct 13, 2017 16:20

This game was terrible and has been deleted. Too many bugs, and very little gameplay.
Last edited by v-rob on Thu Feb 01, 2018 23:57, edited 10 times in total.
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Game] Subterranean [GitHub]

by v-rob » Fri Oct 13, 2017 21:01

There aren't any biomes, so there are no screenshots. I need a mapgen. Screenshots now would be galleries of blocks only. I suppose I could add a few, though.
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7452
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Game] Subterranean [GitHub]

by v-rob » Tue Oct 17, 2017 04:49

Update: Added a toolrepair anvil from the cottages mod and an engraving table by Orwell.

Oh, and some screenshots ;)
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7452
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Game] Subterranean [GitHub]

by v-rob » Wed Oct 18, 2017 22:23

Update:
• Added bedrock on all 8 sides of the map. Bedrock can't be removed by any means in this game (a few other mods might be able to get past it.) It appears right next to the ignore, so there's no reason to remove it.
• Fixed the background on all formspecs. All of them now have stone backgrounds.
• Made teleporters less laggy when being dug.

Next update will hopefully have mapgen with the tips from Duane (Thanks Duane!).

azekill_DIABLO wrote:Wow, those screenshots are very nice. the models are perfect!


You mean the teleporters? The models are from sofar's warps mod. I like them too.
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7452
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: Hopefully very far from yours, snoop :P
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf

Re: [Game] Subterranean [GitHub]

by Lone_Wolf » Fri Oct 27, 2017 07:38

I look forward to the completion of the magpen!
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Game] Subterranean [GitHub]

by v-rob » Fri Oct 27, 2017 23:08

Lone_Wolf wrote:I look forward to the completion of the magpen!


It's nearly done! The only problems I have left are in the GitHub issue.
 

User avatar
duane
Member
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 19:11
Location: Oklahoma City
GitHub: duane-r

Re: [Game] Subterranean [GitHub]

by duane » Sat Oct 28, 2017 04:37

v-rob wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:I look forward to the completion of the magpen!


It's nearly done! The only problems I have left are in the GitHub issue.


Lining the caves will probably be the hardest part. I never had much luck with that, even using the minetest.set_gen_notify function. The problem is that the large caves can, and do, span chunks, so you can easily have half of one in one chunk (the top half, the one most likely to be generated first) and the bottom half in the next. How do you know if it's a lava cave, when you can't see the lava?

Even worse, you can't get rid of the lava in on_generated -- if you try to overwrite it, it shows up anyway. At least that was true the last time I tried it. Eventually you may have to either disable large caves, leave them strictly alone, or slow everything down by doing all the caves in lua.
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Game] Subterranean [GitHub]

by v-rob » Sat Oct 28, 2017 05:53

duane wrote:
v-rob wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:I look forward to the completion of the magpen!


It's nearly done! The only problems I have left are in the GitHub issue.


Lining the caves will probably be the hardest part. I never had much luck with that, even using the minetest.set_gen_notify function. The problem is that the large caves can, and do, span chunks, so you can easily have half of one in one chunk (the top half, the one most likely to be generated first) and the bottom half in the next. How do you know if it's a lava cave, when you can't see the lava?

Even worse, you can't get rid of the lava in on_generated -- if you try to overwrite it, it shows up anyway. At least that was true the last time I tried it. Eventually you may have to either disable large caves, leave them strictly alone, or slow everything down by doing all the caves in lua.


It seems that I will have to do it in Lua. The big reason for this coating is that organic matter spawns everywhere, regardless of lava. Lava catches it on fire, and I had some extremely big fires in some cases. Plus coatings look cool ;-)

I think I'll look into some Lua mapgens and see if I can piece together some Lua lava caves (using the C mapgen parameters, of course). I still will almost certainly need help on the coating, but this should be possible if I'm actually generating it.

I still don't know how to spawn a schematic at 0,0,0 only and how to get the cobble dungeons to spawn :-/

Lastly, I'm planning on making random dungeon schematics spawn in the world (I can do this, just not at a specific coordinate), so if you have a dungeon you want to submit, go ahead and give me a WE file or a map, and I'll fix it up to the standards I have. Make them as elaborate as you wish, but don't make them extremely big.
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Game] Subterranean [GitHub]

by v-rob » Sat Nov 04, 2017 21:03

Big Update!

There is now mapgen with four biomes: moss, maschelle, lichen, and plain stone!
There are a few other small bugfixes as well.

The first post now has screenshots of the mapgen, and the subgame menu has them as well.
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: Hopefully very far from yours, snoop :P
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Game] Subterranean [GitHub]

by v-rob » Sat Nov 04, 2017 23:41

Lone_Wolf wrote:Most of the images are gone :(
Try using https://pasteboard.co/


Strange... They aren't gone for me. And I use Firefox, so I usually am the one to not have images show up. I'll see what I can do.
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: Hopefully very far from yours, snoop :P
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf

Re: [Game] Subterranean [GitHub]

by Lone_Wolf » Sun Nov 05, 2017 00:15

v-rob wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:Most of the images are gone :(
Try using https://pasteboard.co/


Strange... They aren't gone for me. And I use Firefox, so I usually am the one to not have images show up. I'll see what I can do.

It works now. Weird...
Looks great!
 

Jumbow126
New member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 20:55
GitHub: Jumbow126
IRC: Jumbow126
In-game: Jumbow126
 

seller
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 16:31
Location: in a hose
In-game: seller bombingspree lockerhead5000 blob5000 thediamondfighter
 


Return to WIP Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron