[Game] Hades Revisited [0.15.5]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Version 0.14.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.14.0 released!
  • Add steps (like a stair, but with the lower half removed)
  • Add corner steps (like corner stairs, but with the lower half removed)
  • Add a couple of new stone doors, steel bar doors, dungeon doors
  • Add steel bar trapdoors
  • Add steel bar item (for crafting)
  • Add rusty bars
  • Add cobbled sandstone
  • Change stairs crafting
  • Complete overhaul of doors (using code from Doors Redux mod by sorcerykid)
    • Screwdriver can mirror doors and also center them
    • New door sounds
    • New wrench items allows you to auto-close, hold-open doors, and to lock doors (only relevant for multiplayer). Hold down Sneak to see the current door status without losing wear
    • Remove door/trapdoor ownership (for now)
  • Reduce luminance of glow block stairs/slabs
  • Hurt creatures flash in red
  • Hunger damage is now dealt at 0 satiation, not 1
  • Fix coconut palm leaf decay (tree uses jungle trunk now)

SFENCE
GitHub: SFENCE
In-game: SFENCE

Re: [Game] Hades Revisited [0.14.0]

by SFENCE » Post

It looks like there is recipe collision.

Steel Rod looks uncraftable.
Attachments
recipe_confilct_steel_bar.png
recipe_confilct_steel_bar.png (42.42 KiB) Viewed 4404 times
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Wuzzy

Version 0.14.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.14.1 released!

This fixes broken recipes:
  • Steel rod vs Steel Ingot
  • Steel bar trapdoor vs steel bars
  • Grey Steel Door

SFENCE

Re: [Game] Hades Revisited [0.14.1]

by SFENCE » Post

Columnia workstation looks like it uses player inventory of size 4x8 instead of 4x10.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

gentooza
GitHub: gentooza

by gentooza » Post

Hi Wuzzy!

I've returned to play minetest with your amazing mod.
But I've the impression that vegetation is not auto-expanding, isn't it?

I've played during days, and auto-terraforming (automatic soil evolution near water or leaves, tress, etc.) is working perfect, but plants and grass seem not being replicating.

thanks for your hard and so creative work!
cheers

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

It's not a mod, it's a game!

Anyway, most plants do not spread. Grass grows into different sizes, but doesn't spread. Only vines, seagrass and waterlilies spread currently, the rest is mostly static.

I plan to add a gameplay mechanism that will enable plant spread to some extent, and probably also give the player a method to control a bit. It will be related to the whole terraforming aspect. But in the initial phases of the game, plants are not supposed to spread, I want the early game to be rather "manual", not automatic, and only later unlock automatic aspects of the game (like plant spread). How this exactly will work, I don't know yet.

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

gentooza wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:25
I've played during days, and auto-terraforming (automatic soil evolution near water or leaves, tress, etc.) is working perfect, but plants and grass seem not being replicating.
By my experience, grass is spreading like flowers. So, you need dirt with grass first and some grass, which can spread itself.

This is one of my grass spreading areas:
Spoiler
Attachments
screenshot_20211117_062339.png
screenshot_20211117_062339.png (988.18 KiB) Viewed 4404 times
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

gentooza
GitHub: gentooza

by gentooza » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 15:19
It's not a mod, it's a game!
hehehe yes! I was totally wrong.

perhaps, the difference between spreading could be the plants density in X area, I mean, the more white flowers are in some area, more probabilities to spread. (if the plant needs or not a near water source, etc.)
Sure you make it great anyway

Ok! SFENCE, Wuzzy, fine, I'll continue playing and testing it!
thanks!

Glünggi

by Glünggi » Post

@Wuzzy
At first, i wanna thank you for keeping Hades alive.
After a long time i played Minetest again, and find the Hades server.. i was/been delighted ;)
So i logged in and start playing.

-There are some masterbugs; everytime a player join the game for the first time, the Server crash... so 99% of joined player dosnt try it a second time to logg in. In my one or two weeks of playing, there where 4 Player how logged in for a second time and played the game a while... the rest dosnt try it a second time.. and so the Playerrate keep low.

-Everytime a player die, the server die's too, i mean the server crash... he restart fast, so you can live with it (on a smal playerscale)

-Bed's dosnt save the Respawnlocation. If you die, you will spawn nearly 0,0,0- without nothing but the backbaginv.
The /sethome command is disabled. The command /spawn, teleports you to the cords you spawn on first loggin... if you have build near this cords you are able to find back to youre base, otherwise youre lost.
So one day another player dies, and wee dosnt know how /spawn command works.. so i travel 5k block's over mountains and lavaseas to reach him at 0,0,0, to give him a Pickaxe, so he can keep play the game.
So we seatle down in the near of 0,0,0 and build together a base to be in the near of other eventual strandet players.

-There seams no way to protect youre base. The Protectionblockrecepies is disabled, and the areacommand seams to have missing privileges.

-I'm was also missing Travelnet... or an alternative. (its not a Bug , but i'm missing the option to traveling fast ;) )

-Soil dosnt get wet, if it is build above water,- it must be on the same level. (it's also not a Bug, but i ask me; why)

- i know that autospreading of grassydirt makes the tairrainforming easely, but this was an intention, because, there are a lot of Terrain to form, an youre need a lot of moosystone to seed every single dirtblock..... but its youre joyce, its youre baby now ;)

-on my long journey over 5000 Blocks, i dosnt see a single "flatbiom", there where only "needlebioms", but maybee i had bad luck on my way, and there are still somewhere.

-there are really big Caves downthere, i dont know if this was an intention, so its also a question of taste.

-The "zombies" on the surface, are (imo) too strong. a single stonesword its not enought to kill them... it will be destroy and the zombie still lives. So the only way to kill a zombie (or a spider) in early game is, to get them in Lava or Water. But also this can be a question of taste. But just to explain: I had made this Guys a lot easyier to kill, cause they drop apples, ashes, rarely ironores, and wooden tools (woodplanks would be better). This is stuff you need in the very early game or after you diying and lost all youre stuff... so i made them very easy to kill. The spider's can be stronger, they spawns only at night, they are a alternative ressource to becomme silk for brigther torches in the earlygame without having a cottonfarm. Just to explain - its youre joyce, its youre Baby now ;)

-Today i would include Armor - and would also be nice to have a Minimap... tastequestions.

So this were my impressions in this 1 or 2 weeks on the hadesserver... and i would still play on it today, but the Server seams to be offline since saturday :(
Greetings

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

So first of all, I don’t operate any servers for this game, it must be an unofficial one you’re playing on. Many of the bugs you see don’t appear in my version of Hades Revisited. Probably the server runs an old version.

Also note that I’m still in a brutal "I may break anything at any time without warning" phase. Please be aware that your worlds may no longer work after updates (usually it will be unknown nodes, unknown items).

Now for your text:

- Server crashes: This is not my server, and it works fine on my side.
- Broken respawn location: Can't reproduce
- Protection mods: Recently I added proper protection support for basically all blocks in this game, the only thing a server needs is a protection mod. Must be an old version
- Travelnet gone: I am planning to add a different way to teleport
- Soil doesn’t get wet, if it is build above water: Intentional. I am thinking of alternative irrigation systems
- No autospread of grass: I plan to bring back the autospreading of grass someday, but in a different fashion
- No "flat" zones found: This was just very bad luck. I haven’t altered the original mapgen parameters at all, and "flat" zones still exist like in the original
- Really big caves: Again, I didn’t change mapgen parameters. Mapgen is bound to a complete rework one day, however
- Stone sword breaks before mutant dies: This must be a bug on the server
- Include armor: I need to think about it.
- Include Minimap: yes

Finally, I am planning some BIG changes to the game, but most of the big changes haven’t happened yet. My list of ideas is long, very long. I still haven’t written down my idea list so far. I think the final game might look very different than the current one.

I’m glad you like it. :D

Wuzzy

Version 0.14.2 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.14.2 released!
This fixes a bug with the inventory screens of the columnia workstation and carpet workstation (missing inventory slots of your inventory).
Sorry, that’s the only update this month.

In the background I have been working on a feature called "simulated reality" but it isn’t complete yet. The simulated reality will be like a small mini-world which you can enter for practice purposes. The simulated reality is special because if you die inside it, you're still alive in the "real" world. You can try out dangerous experiments safely there.

The main idea I will use this for is for a small tutorial because many this of this game are somewhat special. Maybe I will later use this for other features as well, like monster fighting or whatever. Of course, I’ll make it so that you can enter the tutorial from the start, but it will be optional.

Glünggi

by Glünggi » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:46
So first of all, I don’t operate any servers for this game, it must be an unofficial one you’re playing on.
Ok i assumet this was an official server , cause they write in the servermsg, we should the bug's report to Wuzzy :D
So, im sorry, that i had reportet to you bug's from this wired server, you dont know.
It would be cool, when someday a official (test)server goes online.

And yes i like it ;) Feel free in development. i'm curious about the result ;)

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Glünggi wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 07:39

-I'm was also missing Travelnet... or an alternative. (its not a Bug , but i'm missing the option to traveling fast ;) )
You can check this topic: Mods modified for Hades Revisited by SFENCE if you want to use Hades with some additions. If you need some kind of back compatibility with the older version, Hades Revisited back-compatibility can help you.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

Re: [Game] Hades Revisited [0.14.2]

by DOOM_possum » Post

don't stray too far, from the original Game, Hades Revisited is a Classic, (even with all the modified textures, and amazing sound design)

heck if You added a SHADER to the survival crafting elements, You'd be on the Road to high intelligence, and brutal power, maybe even a dragon or two

good luck, i'd throw some cash your way, but i know you've already got the manpower to get Hades Revisited, a good name in it's own spectacular right

Tignasse Verte

Re: [Game] Hades Revisited [0.14.2]

by Tignasse Verte » Post

Hello,
I haven't came back since the 0.9.1 version.
So much work since that, again thanks a lot, Wuzzy. And very nice that you have time to make so regulary new versions.
And also thank a lot Glünggi for the original Hades ;-).

@Wuzzy,
I tried the 0.14.2 version, but I don't think I will test deeply because of a simple fact : the travelnet is not here anymore.

Travelnet
It is not the teleport I miss, but the lift, that is very useful. I agree it is powerful, I understood you may replace with another thing.
Maybe just a way to go faster underground and back could be nice, no need, at first to move instantly.
Maybe one may have to use similar things like rails (but vertical, of course) to have a new kind of lift to operate. That way, you may deserve to go faster :).

Grass seeds
Good idea to have grass seeds. I think it could help to have another organic way to have these seeds. Maybe when you dig other stuffs like wheat, tomato, ...
It could have a little chance to drop grass seeds. That way, the spreading will not be automatic, but you will not have always to dig grass clump.

Visit the surface
We came from a spacecraft, maybe you could add some fragments of that. And you could add some crafts were you need that kind of fragments.
Maybe a new teleport way could only be craft with spacecraft fragments, for example.
And / or maybe, at first, you could only teleport at a place were you found some specific fragments (not diggable at first).

Pipeworks
I agree that pipeworks make things too much easy, mainly with the new water sources.
It must be harder to implement than to write, but maybe the specific new water sources from pipeworks could not follow the rule of "creation of water source",
when other (real) water sources are near.

Water and lava
I always thought that it was strange to have lave source becoming water source.
But, if you remove pipeworks, and don't replace it with something similar, it won't have other ways to have new water sources.
As you are modifing a lot of game mechanisms, maybe this one could change too ?
I witness that lava sources seems to follow some symmetry, with, it seems, a "center" node.
May be this center node could be of a special type, and only this one could be transform in water source, the other ones only becoming tuff.

In game help
It is nice to already have a reminder like "spread on grass with light" or else. It could be helpful to have a also a note like "Don't spread", mainly for stuff that one could believe it spread (or use to in an older version).
By the way, is the branch bush only here for decorative purpose like other bushes ? They are not growing, I guess ? I thought at first it was another way to farm sticks ?

I like a lot the tutorial, craft stations, and lot of your other ideas.

Wuzzy

Version 0.14.3

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.14.3 is here. This is a hotfix that fixes a bug that appeared in MT 5.5.0 that broke the map generation of new worlds. If you have Minetest 5.5.0, please make sure to update.

Sorry there are not any feature updates so far, I'm still busy with the laser puzzle game Lazarr v2.0.

DOOM_possum

Re: [Game] Hades Revisited [0.14.3]

by DOOM_possum » Post

infinite ways to have Fun, Wuzzy, boy looks good

hope to see some good updated SOUND, moving all That grass and dirt, but a beautiful homage to MTG, and the lava and mountains are something to be reckoned with :o

nothing better than dreaming of ways to defeat monsters from The Other Dimension

Indigo Ray

by Indigo Ray » Post

Hi Wuzzy, thank you and Glunggi for making this interesting game.

Some bug reports for you (I don't think I'm knowledgable enough to help with the coding):

1. I can't get continuous hits on the mutants with my sword. It hits once, then continues to do the swinging animation, but does no damage! I have to stop, start hitting a nearby block, then click on the mutant again each time I want to hit it.

2. If I drop a volcanic ash block on top of a mutant, the block freezes in mid air and can't be clicked on. Meanwhile, if I drop an ash block over my head, it falls as expected.

3. Some blocks drip water even though there isn't water above them (but there is water very nearby).

For what it's worth, I haven't encountered any of these bugs in Mineclone2.

FinishedFragment
GitHub: FinishedFragment

by FinishedFragment » Post

I can confirm Indigo Rays report regarding hitting monsters with swords.

I love this subgame but there are a few things which feel unbalanced to me and no, before you stop reading this, I am not complaining about the difficulty :p

I recently stopped growing anything other than cotton plants. There is currently no reason to have more than just apple trees and cotton. Sure, some olive and orange trees are great for the aestethics but they do not do anything else besides yielding produce inferior to apples.
Same goes for most things you grow on fields. I just grow cotton now.
It would be great if there is an actual reason to grow tomatoes and spice and all that. Maybe consuming actual food should give you a buff or something.

Also yeah, the difficulty tanks when you reach a specific stage of progress. Maybe add some more challenge like severe weather or other monsters when having the staff of gaia crafted once. Or even smaller steps like when you have grown 5 fruit trees and 10 days have passed or so.

Nezchan
In-game: Nezchan

by Nezchan » Post

I've been playing for a few hours today, and I'm having a good time but I'm absolutely stumped on how to make dirt-with-grass, to create those nice green areas that you have in your screenshots.

I played a bunch a few months ago (until all the vines and the bed for some reason all changed to unknown textures) and figured I'd pick it up again. But whatever I did in that world, I've totally forgotten, since I still have nothing but plain brown dirt. I can grow trees just fine, and also the craftable grass and jungle grass, but the crafting guide is no help in making those blocks at all, and I can't find anything in the readme or the forum either. A little help?

Oh, and speaking of the vines, is there any way to get them to calm down a bit? If I'm not actively cutting them down, they absolutely cover all the trees and more or less get in the way. Not sure why there are vines on apple trees anyway (I grew up in apple country, never saw a vine, so it's a bit weird to me).

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Yeah, this game still has a lot of rough edges, so it's no surprise that this-or-that is broken or imbalanced. This game is still officially in Alpha stage. That having said, I always appreciate any bug report or general thoughts.

As for the unknown nodes, this was because of a major code reorganization back in a time when I didn't care about backwards-compability at all. Things are still very much in flux, but I hope things to calm down in future.

In future versions, I try to be less aggressive about breakage but keep in mind a lot of things in this game are still subject to major changes. Namely, I want this game to take the 'terraforming' aspect more seriously, but it's still a lot of work and planning.

As for vines, yeah, infinite vine growth is absurd. My plan for this is to add some kind of mechanism that 'enables' plant growth in the first place, i.e. that many plants don't grow at first until there is an atmosphere or whatever.

DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

wuzzy usually has It down, when It comes to plant growth, infinite vines are insane

luckily not many Games follow that style of play, but any MOD made by Wuzzy is a good 1, he handles most of the load around Here

Nezchan

by Nezchan » Post

Oh, I'm fine with it being in flux. But as Hades Revisited, unfinished/barely started as it is, has developed into my go-to Minetest game, I'm eager to see more of it.

I wonder if putting a focus on building underground might be an idea, with more options for habitat and growing down there. Maybe something like heat storms that damage trees periodically on the surface, reverting grown trees to saplings, but if you carve out a cavern and provide light in whatever form, you actually grow them properly.

Nezchan

by Nezchan » Post

Huh, finally figured out how dirt-with-grass is created, that could have stood to be a little more intuitive.

So the current method is having to individually seed every block of dirt without any propagation? I get the desire to make the terraforming more manual, but given the number of steps involved (use water to get cobble mossy, mine it, make grass, harvest grass several times for a *chance* at grass seed, then plant that seed on dirt, then wait a day or two) is a bit too much of a chore.

Maybe if there was a simpler method to get the seed (chance of finding dormant seeds under volcanic ash, perhaps) it wouldn't be so bad. Or there could be propagation but quite slow due to lack of direct sunlight, so there's still motivation to find/create that seed that's consistent with the setting.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I'm thinking of better ways to spread grass.