[Game] Hades Revisited [0.15.5]

SFENCE
GitHub: SFENCE
In-game: SFENCE

Re: [Game] Hades Revisited [0.8.1]

by SFENCE » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 23:28
Hades Revisited intentionally does NOT include any fire, and probably never will. The in-universe explanation is that Hades’ atmosphere just can’t burn. :P
The real explanation is twofold:
1) I also want to make several key things things differently in this game, to make this game stand more apart. Not re-using certain ideas/features/mechanics from other games is a big part in this. For the same reason, you can't sleep in beds. I want to innovate, at least a little. ;-) I don't really know yet which EXACT direction this game will take, only time will tell …
2) Fire by its very nature is destructive and chaotic and kind of annoying. I believe it just goes against the creative aspect (which definitely is still a major component in this game).

As for TNT, I don't know if that will be included, no idea. But let me tell you that one major aspect of this game will be terraforming, this means later in the game the player will be able to build and dig much faster, I think of equipping the player with much more powerful and/or versatile building tools that go beyond your standard MC knock-off. No idea how they would look, tho. This might also include tools to remove, build or alter many blocks at once. Currently, the game is not very "terraformy", but this might change. I still need to think. So the idea is, there could be some way to remove blocks fast, maybe even very fast. But if it will be TNT, or something else, I don't know yet.

I am probably going including some kind of wieldhand, seeing other people's wielded item is important. I guess I just copy features from other games for the player model because I don't really think I need to change much here. ;-)
I know that Hades Revisited intentionally does not include any fire.
I sometimes did some stupid dig, which causes that part of my world has been flooded with lava. But trees alive without any hurt. I wanted to be more punished if I did something like it again in the future. So I add fire.
So, it is only the mod, nobody has to use it if he doesn't want to. ;-)
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Another little bug:

Recipe for hades_food:tomatosalad cause lost of a glass bottle from olive oil.
Resolution: add code

Code: Select all

replacements = {{"hades_food:bottle_olive_oil","vessels:glass_bottle"}}
to recipe.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

This error happens when I tried to place a steel trapdoor.

2020-12-22 23:20:13: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'doors' in callback item_OnPlace(): /home/sfence/.minetest/games/hades_sinki/mods/doors/api.lua:517: attempt to call field 'creative_is_enabled' (a nil value)
2020-12-22 23:20:13: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-12-22 23:20:13: ERROR[Main]:       /home/sfence/.minetest/games/hades_sinki/mods/doors/api.lua:517: in function 'after_place_node'
2020-12-22 23:20:13: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:385: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:258>
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Bad crafting recipe for Travelnet box. It uses an unknown item (craft guide shows).
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

There is a problem on my Hades Revisited server with carts. The carts sometimes stop outside of the rail and freeze.

This problem looks to be solved in the new version of boost_cart mod.
Similarly, like for messecons and pipeworks update, you can feel free to merge my branch sfence_update_boost_cart_ec94e92 into your code of Hades Revisited.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Version 0.8.2 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.8.2 released! Changes:

- Travelnet crafting fixed
- Crash when placing trapdoor fixed
- Fix wrong behavior when eating with damage disabled.

SFENCE

Re: [Game] Hades Revisited [0.8.2]

by SFENCE » Post

Some bugs, when my friend starts to experiment with some automatization.

2020-12-26 01:21:00: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'pipeworks' in callback luaentity_Step(): /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:443: attempt to call method 'is_player' (a nil value)
2020-12-26 01:21:00: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-12-26 01:21:00: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:443: in function 'item_drop'
2020-12-26 01:21:00: ERROR[Main]:       ...test/games/hades_sinki/mods/pipeworks/item_transport.lua:451: in function <...test/games/hades_sinki/mods/pipeworks/item_transport.lua:383>
Hotfixed by: minetest.item_drop(stack, nil, drop_pos)

2020-12-26 01:32:00: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mesecons_movestones' in callback luaentity_Step(): Invalid position coordinate 'x' (expected number got nil).
2020-12-26 01:32:00: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-12-26 01:32:00: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'get_objects_inside_radius'
2020-12-26 01:32:00: ERROR[Main]:       ...test/games/hades_sinki/mods/pipeworks/item_transport.lua:470: in function 'callback'
2020-12-26 01:32:00: ERROR[Main]:       ...t/games/hades_sinki/mods/mesecons/mesecons_mvps/init.lua:38: in function 'on_mvps_move'
2020-12-26 01:32:00: ERROR[Main]:       ...t/games/hades_sinki/mods/mesecons/mesecons_mvps/init.lua:192: in function 'mvps_pull_all'
2020-12-26 01:32:00: ERROR[Main]:       ...s/hades_sinki/mods/mesecons/mesecons_movestones/init.lua:209: i
Maybe, it is a good idea to upgrade the version of pipeworks mod in the game.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Wuzzy

Version 0.8.3 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

There is a new version 0.8.3 which hopefully fixes these crashes. I also removed the movestone.
I plan to eventually remove Mesecons completely.

Chris

Re: [Game] Hades Revisited [0.8.3]

by Chris » Post

Crafting of the "Black Steel Door" doesn't work.

Wuzzy

Version 0.9.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.9.0 released!
This is mostly compability release for Minetest 5.4.0.
It also fixes the crafting of colored steel doors and adds some simple GUI sounds.

SFENCE

Re: [Game] Hades Revisited [0.9.0]

by SFENCE » Post

Hi. it looks like there is some problem with "itemframes:frame" and "itemframes:pedestal" in not creative mode.

It looks like eating items on the right click without effect in not creative mode.
Looks to be working well in creative mode.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

I ported the digtron to hades_revisited a while back, you can get it here:
https://github.com/jeremyshannon/digtron
Spoiler
Yes it's all one giant commit, and yes I'm ashamed of myself. :p
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

michaelp

by michaelp » Post

minetest.png
minetest.png (687.61 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
Starting. Small house , some torches and first trees coming :D.
Any tips ?

goats

by goats » Post

Monster Crash: Arrow-type attacks kill the server, and unfortunately i have no idea how to fix this. I feel like i am cheating since i commented out the dofile lines for the relevant mobs to avoid the crashing.

ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_hades' in callback luaentity_Step(): Invalid position (expected table got number).
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'punch'
ERROR[Main]: /games/hades_revisited/mods/mobs_hades/mese_monster.lua:86: in function 'hit_player'
ERROR[Main]: /games/hades_revisited/mods/mobs/api.lua:4078: in function </games/hades_revisited/mods/mobs/api.lua:4019>
ERROR[Main]: /games/hades_revisited/mods/mobs_hades/mese_monster.lua:86: in function 'hit_player'
ERROR[Main]: /games/hades_revisited/mods/mobs/api.lua:4078: in function </games/hades_revisited/mods/mobs/api.lua:4019>
ACTION[Server]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down

ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_hades' in callback luaentity_Step(): Invalid position (expected table got number).
ERROR[Main]: /games/hades_revisited/mods/mobs_hades/cave_master.lua:115: in function 'hit_player'
ERROR[Main]: /games/hades_revisited/mods/mobs_hades/cave_master.lua:115: in function 'hit_player'
ACTION[Server]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down

itemframes:pedestal eats most items (punch-to-update helps not)
right-click does not easily or usually remove item
weirder: with item on pedestal, right/left clicking a lot sometimes makes item appear as pointable object (it "jumps" and changes size slightly). then, left-clicking "takes" item, multiplying it [doubling what you have in inventory - except when multiple items (which you can have with leaves) on pedestal, it does something like double original amount per item on pedestal] Exploitable multiplication of items which actually work with the pedestal.
WORK: apples, leaves (even multiple), tomato
NOT: tools, ingots, ground content, wheat, string, stick, strawberry, olive, banana, sugarcane

pump: is this meant (or at least expected given current game development) to create source, and pipes run even when the pump is removed?
torches: is bright torch meant to become weak torch if dug?
cocoa & coconut are not hidden from inventory
vines touching ash no longer create fertile sand (like it seems they used to do?) is this intended?

Readme.md:
"Make more dirt and place it above the water." -- "Near water" is more appropriate here.

"Plants grow with light level of 8 or higher. Underground farming is thus possible"
-- Not all plants. (Cotton & wheat won't even grow with light 13 one node above.) This is fine if intended but the text is mildly misleading.

/pipeworks/readme: update pipeworks ref link https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/pipeworks/-/wikis/home Thanks for any information. I appreciate this latest version of the game, lots of fun.
I very infrequently have internet of late, but will try to check back in case further information is desired.

Wuzzy

Version 0.9.1!

by Wuzzy » Post

Thank you for the ongoing testing! Especially all crash reports are always greatly appreciated. I have made a new release, version 0.9.1 is here! Changelog:
  • Fix itemframe and pedestal sometimes failing when placing item
  • Fix crash when projectile of mob hits player
  • Fix some misleading README texts
  • Wheat and cotton now grow at light level 8, thus making it easier for them to grow underground
Spoiler
pump: is this meant (or at least expected given current game development) to create source, and pipes run even when the pump is removed?
The pumps and all pipe-related stuff is still very buggy. I think this part of the game will be one of the things that I'll completely redesign. I don't have a concrete idea yet, but I do know I'm not really happy with the current pipe system.
torches: is bright torch meant to become weak torch if dug?
No. This doesn't happen to me.
cocoa & coconut are not hidden from inventory
This is intentional. It's Creative Mode, and the game is in an early alpha stage, so expect to see unfinished stuff especially in Creative Mode. These plants already work, I guess, just the tree shape is still a cheap copy and I plan to change it.
vines touching ash no longer create fertile sand (like it seems they used to do?) is this intended?
Currently, yes. But I probably want to overhaul the rules that spawn fertile sand eventually
Cotton & wheat won't even grow with light 13 one node above.
Fun fact: You could have used a glow crystal lamp, but it's quite hard to get one. But the light level was just wrong anyway, so I reduced it to 8.

goats

Re: Vesion 0.9.1 - thanks!

by goats » Post

I love testing, you are quite welcome. Thanks for all the games and mods. And thanks for the crazy-fast update - i had best hoped for a line of code to paste over the offending not-a-table line in mese monster and cave master lua files. :)

In fact, i was surprised the first time i heard an oerkki - i had forgotten entirely, or never knew, that these classic mobs were in the game.
Spoiler
Now to find out if the dungeon/cave masters' exploding projectiles blow holes in the floor, or just the player. :D
The pumps and all pipe-related stuff is still very buggy.
As long as it is normally expected in the current state, that's fine. I generally try to make rivers from existing sources, but that cannot be done all the time.
No. This doesn't happen to me.
It happened very consistently, so i always made attached lamps, which i like anyway. Testing again, it does not happen. I should have restarted the game and tested again when i noticed initially.
This is intentional. It's Creative Mode, and the game is in an early alpha stage, so expect to see unfinished stuff especially in Creative Mode.
Oh i always expect unfinished stuff, particularly when you or another developer make it exceedingly clear that a thing is in alpha, beta, or otherwise unfinished.

However, this is not in creative mode, which i rarely ever use except for testing something. The saplings for cocoa and coconut are present (page 10, will post screenshots if needed), with no crafting recipes (obviously), although no other tree products (leaves, bark, wood, etc.) and their derivatives are shown, excepting the cocoa bean in brown dye recipe. I just remember peeking at the lua to make sure there were no recipes, and there was a comment about hiding from inventory. No big deal at all, but might confuse or frustrate some people who don't understand.
Fun fact: You could have used a glow crystal lamp, but it's quite hard to get one. But the light level was just wrong anyway, so I reduced it to 8.
But this one goes to 11. :) 8 makes things super easy. To be honest, i had some fun figuring it out, but at the same time i was worried about not having a bed, and the vast majority of early water i found was inside a spike or mountain or whatever the terminology would be. I simply realized i had best get some farmland outdoors, and that outdoor farming did not seem so dangerous early in a game as it did in earlier versions.

I rather suspect i have not gotten deep enough to find the glow crystal, which was actually one of my current goals. Given that max ore gen is at -10k per the readme, and i have not yet dug below -2.2k yet, it does not surprise me. (I had actually been trying to decide if it is possible to build some sort of vertical tunneling machine with a node breaker and pistons but meh, digging is and adventure anyway.)

Wuzzy

Version 0.9.2!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.9.2 is released!

Changes:
  • Fix possible crash when using super fertilizer
  • Stop generating dungeons for real
  • Add dig prediction for tree fruits
  • Screwdriver can rotate one type of waterlily in more precise steps now
  • Rename Green Sign to Dark Green Sign

SFENCE

Re: [Game] Hades Revisited [0.9.2]

by SFENCE » Post

It looks like there is a burned stone block in-game, but not a stone block. Is it bug or intention?
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

To be honest, I'm not sure about that myself … :D
Frankly, I don't care right now.
That's because the generic stone might even be replaced by something else. I am trying to plan the future game development for months now. I have so many ideas, but I need to sort them all out somehow.
Mining and the underground will be one aspect of the game I plan to completely overhaul, to make much more interesting than the current system.

But I already told too much! Stay tuned for later, maybe I'll write more when I have a solid plan ... Or maybe not, who knows??? xD

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

There is a similar bug, like in the official minetest game (#2884)

https://repo.or.cz/minetest_hades/hades ... i.lua#l428

Here should be used table.copy function:

def.mesh = "door_a.obj"
         minetest.register_node(":" .. name .. "_a", table.copy(def))

def.mesh = "door_b.obj"
         minetest.register_node(":" .. name .. "_b", table.copy(def))
Othervise commands

print(dump(minetest.registered_nodes["doors:door_wood_a"]))
print(dump(minetest.registered_nodes["doors:door_wood_b"]))
will print identical tables.
This bug cause minetest.override_item function does not work correctly over affected nodes.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Nice catch!

Tignasse Verte

Re: [Game] Hades Revisited [0.3.0]

by Tignasse Verte » Post

I like a lot (Hades and) Hades Revisited, and I am glad you are still working on it actively.
Wuzzy wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:29
Areas I like to improve are:
- More progression in plantlife (currently I think you get trees too fast, I like the player to start small, with small bushes, etc.)
At first, I would suggest 2 simple changes :
1) No apples in the firt items given to the player, but another food, like baked potato
One would still have tree sappling with cactus.
2) craft of fertile sand only with mossy cobbletstone or mossy tuff (but not with tuff or cobblestone).
It would be still possible to progress, but slower.

And I also think, as you say, it would be interessing to start with small bushes (giving only stick, not food).

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

1) Using something else as the "starter food/plant" is already in my plan. :-)
2) That change sounds a little bit too extreme. Spread of mossy cobble is intended to be slow.

Tignasse Verte

by Tignasse Verte » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:15
2) That change sounds a little bit too extreme. Spread of mossy cobble is intended to be slow.
Indeed, it is a "simple change" in the files, but a major in game. I will try to play without these 2 crafts.

[EDIT] Concerning the rule :
"Mossy cobblestone turns into gravel when next to flowing water."

I thought it was not working, but I was wrong : I was mistaking mossystone for mossycobblestone.

So, my question is : should this rule apply not only to mossycobblestone but also to mossystone, and mossytuff ?
[/EDIT]
Last edited by Tignasse Verte on Sat Jun 12, 2021 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

Tignasse Verte

by Tignasse Verte » Post

So I have played only with the craft with mossy cobblestone and mossy tuff.
I have started with 12 baked potato (12 was ok, that time, I had the luck to find water quicky, but more could be confortable).

I farmed theses mossy nodes, that was longer but not too long (As long as you have enough cobblestones in contact of water).

That way mossy nodes are more valuables.
And, when you have trees, turning ash in contact of leaves, and craft of 9 leaves in dirt is more useful.

Now, I plan to play with theses changes (in my local fork) :
- the two other actual crafts for fertile sand (with cobblestone or tuff) give a standard sand.
That sand will be used for crafting glass, and other stuff not linked with trees : tubes, sandstones, silicon.

- new crafts of fertile sand :
3 sands and 1 grass for 3 fertile sand (3 as you have to have 2 mossy nodes and a dirt to have 1 grass).
and other similars crafts with jungle grass, papyrus and cactus.

That way, I think it may be a less extreme change, as you can farm theses plants.