[Game]Castrum[1.11.2]

GitHub: Der1248
In-game: 1248 or Der1248

Re: [Game/Map]Castrum[1.10.0/v13]

by 1248 » Post

Castrum 1.10.0/v13 is released.
You can now discover the new Cave and upgrade some buildings.
You have to update the Map and the Game.

FunDuels
IRC: FunDuels
In-game: FunDuels

by FunDuels » Post

Hi! I really like this subgame but I got stuck on Chapter 1's knight fighting. How do you play? I know that you have to put down knights, that you make with souls, when you start Chapter 1. Then punch the diamond and press "Start Fight". Once it's started then you punch your knights and place them down one block away. But when my knights got close to the enemy's knights, mine died. I've throw 10 level 2 knights and didn't accomplish anything. Please help.

by 1248 » Post

FunDuels wrote:Hi! I really like this subgame but I got stuck on Chapter 1's knight fighting. How do you play? I know that you have to put down knights, that you make with souls, when you start Chapter 1. Then punch the diamond and press "Start Fight". Once it's started then you punch your knights and place them down one block away. But when my knights got close to the enemy's knights, mine died. I've throw 10 level 2 knights and didn't accomplish anything. Please help.
If you come close to an enemy level 1 knight with your level 1 knights, you have a 50% chance of keeping your knight alive. If you are next to an enemy knight and you attack him, you have a 50% chance of killing him. The enemy knights are also moving. So it's easier if you bring them near one of your knights first, because then you can attack first.
If you fight a level 2 knight with a level 2 knight you have a 75% chance to survive and you have a 75% chance to kill the enemy knight.
You win if you have killed all the Knights AND the King and you have lost if the opponent killed your knights OR your king.

By the way: It was very compley for me to program this game. Therefore, mistakes can occur again and again.
It is still a WIP game and there are going to be some changes to make the fight more exciting and to fix these bugs.

Thank you for playing my game. I hope this helps you.

Re: [Game]Castrum[1.11.0]

by 1248 » Post

Castrum 1.11.0 is released.
You can now discover the Market and upgrade some buildings.
You will not need the Map anymore.
I can now upload this version to the ContentDB.

Norore
GitHub: Norore
IRC: Norore

by Norore » Post

Hi and thanks for this pleasant Subgame.
I just have an issue, I don't know if it is due to my localization (I'm french and I play with french localization), but I can't updgrade walls even if I have 3 stone swords. Is it due to my game that is in french or because I handcraft swords? I have construct all others buildings, normally.
Cheers!

by 1248 » Post

Norore wrote:Hi and thanks for this pleasant Subgame.
I just have an issue, I don't know if it is due to my localization (I'm french and I play with french localization), but I can't updgrade walls even if I have 3 stone swords. Is it due to my game that is in french or because I handcraft swords? I have construct all others buildings, normally.
Cheers!
You don't have to use the crafting in your inventory. (I will remove it in the next version)
Instead you should go to the smithy to get items like swords, picks, shovels etc. (There are two kind of swords)

Norore
GitHub: Norore
IRC: Norore

by Norore » Post

1248 wrote:You don't have to use the crafting in your inventory. (I will remove it in the next version)
Instead you should go to the smithy to get items like swords, picks, shovels etc. (There are two kind of swords)
Thank you. So, I have to check which building I missed to obtain the smithy. If it is the building with lava, I have no chest nor NPC to interact with.

Edit & Update: nevermind, I finaly saw the second option on the diamond block. Thanks!

Re: [Game]Castrum[1.11.2]

by 1248 » Post

This game works now with Minetest 5.3.0

by 1248 » Post

LibraSubtilis wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 16:39
Hi 1248,

I tried out your game. The idea to combine such development of a castle and a strategy game with Minetest is very interesting. To be honest, I gave myself all resources with chat commands, but it was nice to see the development anyways.
The fighting is a bit boring because it is not balanced. I think the battlefield is just too big for units that are only able to walk one square with one move.
I don't know what your plans are for the units, but there are many good concepts out there ;)
Thanks for playing my game.
It is still a wip game and there is still a lot to do.
I have not much time to work on new versions for this game, but this project is not dead.
I know the battlefield is a bit boring, but there are some new things planned to make it a bit more interesting.
I also know that waiting for the recources is a bit boring I will try to fix that with some interesting quests to get recources.
But I think in the next 6 month I will not do anything here. I am sorry for that.

crlyttle
In-game: crl

by crlyttle » Post

How do you move the knights? I've tried punching them with every item in the inventory and with l/r clicks. Nothing happens.

stdh

by stdh » Post

You have to dig them and place them again on one of the squares that light up.