[Game] SkyFactory [0.2.1a]

isaiah658

Re: [Game] SkyFactory [0.2.1a]

by isaiah658 » Post

Just wanted to mention that I also have a sky factory type sub game that I've been working on. I sort of stopped for quite awhile, but I'm going to work on it more. They way I handled the quest book was to use images instead of formspec text. It has a linear progression that helps vaguely guide you through most of the game. Once I have more made, I'll post it and you can take a look at it. It might be better to use something like that instead of the formspec fonts and stuff. I also have some other useful sky factory tools, such as the builders wand. You can defiantly look at what I've done and maybe use it as inspiration. Of course, different ideas for how to progress in sky factory games is what makes each of them unique.

Amoeba
GitHub: Amoebaa

by Amoeba » Post

Thanks for this game, it seemed clean, simple and interesting – the only downside was that it was a bit short and didn't clearly state that I had finished all the content.

I feel like the sieve especially could be used in a lot more games, thus making gravel more useful.
That and other bits (like the compost) are stuff I'll definitely be copying if I get to making minetest games myself.

Unarelith
GitHub: Quent42340
IRC: Unarelith
In-game: Unarelith

by Unarelith » Post

Hey Amoeba, I kinda dropped this game.

And sure there wasn't much content because this was only the very beginning of a way bigger game.
Last edited by Unarelith on Sat May 02, 2020 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

Amoeba
GitHub: Amoebaa

by Amoeba » Post

Unarelith wrote:Hey Amoeba, I kinda dropped this game but I'll start working on it again soon.
Cool, I'm interested in what other things you create.
Unarelith wrote:And sure there wasn't much content because this was only the very beginning of a way bigger game.
Oh, I don't mind if you have plans to continue. I just have the same wish for all creators who publish something incomplete: give a clear indication of where the current end is. (I was expecting a third page to open after I completed everything on the second page.)

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

by Nicu » Post

Hey, Unarelith! :) There's a small problem with a quest: "Make Clay by mixing Water and Dust in a Barrel (0/4)"

I made the clay, I even crafted the clay-based crucible and made lava - completing that quest -, but the clay quest remains at 0/4. Can you please take a look at it?

Jacques

by Jacques » Post

Nicu wrote:Hey, Unarelith! :) There's a small problem with a quest: "Make Clay by mixing Water and Dust in a Barrel (0/4)"

I made the clay, I even crafted the clay-based crucible and made lava - completing that quest -, but the clay quest remains at 0/4. Can you please take a look at it?
In order to complete the quest, one have to put the clay on the ground and dig it.

Good gaming
Last edited by Jacques on Sun Apr 12, 2020 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

Brian Gaucher
GitHub: BrianGaucher
In-game: Camasia

by Brian Gaucher » Post

I believe this mod no longer works since the Minetest 5.2.0 update.
Current projects: Making a CTF map, Learning C++, Learning Programmer's Dvorak

Qarmus

by Qarmus » Post

Brian Gaucher wrote:I believe this mod no longer works since the Minetest 5.2.0 update.
That's seems correct, I've tested it and came to the same conclusion:
I've created a new world and as soon as I attempted to start the game I got the following error message:

Code: Select all

ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/administrator/.minetest/games/skyfactory/mods/skyblock/skyblock/init.lua:
Unknown node: -64
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'get_content_id'
	...ames/skyfactory/mods/skyblock/skyblock/register_misc.lua:39: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'dofile'
	...inetest/games/skyfactory/mods/skyblock/skyblock/init.lua:16: in main chunk
Siehe debug.txt für Details.

q333
In-game: q333

by q333 » Post

2020-05-01 12:24:20: WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "auto_complete" accessed at ...1/.minetest/games/skyfactory/mods/microexpansion/api.lua:71
2020-05-01 12:24:20: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/user/snap/minetest/1521/.minetest/games/skyfactory/mods/skyblock/skyblock/init.lua:
2020-05-01 12:24:20: ERROR[Main]: Unknown node: -64
2020-05-01 12:24:20: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-05-01 12:24:20: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'get_content_id'
2020-05-01 12:24:20: ERROR[Main]: ...ames/skyfactory/mods/skyblock/skyblock/register_misc.lua:39: in main chunk
2020-05-01 12:24:20: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
2020-05-01 12:24:20: ERROR[Main]: ...inetest/games/skyfactory/mods/skyblock/skyblock/init.lua:16: in main chunk
2020-05-01 12:24:20: ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.
2020-05-01 12:24:20: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
cdb_607e7254259f

MysticTempest
GitHub: MysticTempest

by MysticTempest » Post

I just stumbled across the "Unknown node: -64" in Minetest 5.2 myself.

It appears to be due to a typo in the current stable version of SkyFactory.

File: games/skyfactory/mods/skyblock/skyblock/skyblock.lua
Line: 42
Broken:

skyblock.world_bottom_node = minetest.setting_get('skyblock.world_bottom') or 'air' -- 'air' || 'default:water_source' || 'default:lava_source'
It's missing "_node" from the settings name.
Fixed:

skyblock.world_bottom_node = minetest.setting_get('skyblock.world_bottom_node') or 'air' -- 'air' || 'default:water_source' || 'default:lava_source'

When broken, this causes it to read a number from SkyFactory's 'minetest.conf' file instead of a node.

skyblock.world_bottom = -64
skyblock.world_bottom_node = air
REFI_Texture Pack: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20355 - Supports MineClone2 up to v0.80, MTG, and more.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Awesome, thanks a lot for the fix! :D

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

yes nice one .
hope that typo can be fixed in source so newbies can play straight off.
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

goats

by goats » Post

Indeed, it's too bad as this is on Content DB as a game, and listed as a Top Game on the Content DB website. It's either a holdover from 5.1x and earlier, or people are still downloading it because they want a skyblock game, and only downloads are counted...

I had recently discovered this same crash on 5.2.0, so i was poking around with the game and in-game. I've noticed some other things, other than the quest being rather short. Of course it is versioned as an alpha (not that you'd know from Content DB) and Unarelith did say they abandoned it.

Anyway... I've always spawned well above the island, resulting in instant death. Oh well, free boneblock, whatever. :D
There's this weird effect using bonemeal on a sapling if you only have 1 in hand. Sometimes you pick up the sapling, sometimes it is destroyed, and sometimes turned into an object. If it turns into a tree while you are doing this, the trunk bottom node is destroyed, or possibly instantly mined. Another thing is... unified inventory. I don't know what it is with the way it displays the crafting entries, but it absolutely murders framerate, making inventory difficult to use on wimpier machines. Doing a search for something with few results, e.g., "bed", definitely helps.

Last thing is the quest formspec. It's... unreadable. You can make out most (?) of the quests i suppose, but lines cut off and hint buttons covering the text is painful. So here's my cheap fix for /skyfactory/mods/quest_lib/formspec.lua:

line		replacement code

20			local formspec = 'size[10,10;]'
21				..'background[-0.1,-0.1;10.2,10.5;goals.png]'
23				..'button[7.4,0;1,1;prev_page;<--]'
24				..'button[8.4,0;1,1;next_page;-->]'
54				formspec = formspec..'item_image_button[9,'..y..';0.6,0.6;'
Or here's the whole file with edits and original lines just commented out:
Spoiler
-- this file is /skyfactory/mods/quest_lib/formspec.lua
-- 5 lines edited to clean up and make readable. original lines left & commented out
-- 24, 26, 29, 30, 63 [original: 20, 21, 23, 24, 54]

--[[

quest_lib
================

Copyright (C) 2018-2019 Quentin Bazin

LGPLv2.1+
See LICENSE.txt for more information

]]--

quest_lib.get_page_formspec = function(player_name, page)
local info = {
page = page,
count = 0,
player_name = player_name,
}

-- local formspec = 'size[6.4,10;]'
local formspec = 'size[10,10;]'
-- ..'background[-0.1,-0.1;6.6,10.3;goals.png]'
..'background[-0.1,-0.1;10.2,10.5;goals.png]'
..'label[0,0; --== PAGE '..page..' for '..player_name..' ==--]'
-- ..'button[4.4,0;1,1;prev_page;<--]'
-- ..'button[5.4,0;1,1;next_page;-->]'
..'button[7.4,0;1,1;prev_page;<--]'
..'button[8.4,0;1,1;next_page;-->]'

local description = quest_lib.pages[page].get_description(player_name)
local text = 'label[0,2.7; --== Quests ==--]'
..'label[0,0.5;'..(description[1] or '')..']'
..'label[0,1.0;'..(description[2] or '')..']'
..'label[0,1.5;'..(description[3] or '')..']'
..'label[0,2.0;'..(description[4] or '')..']'

formspec = formspec .. text

for k, v in ipairs(quest_lib.pages[page].quests) do
local quest_formspec = quest_lib.get_quest_formspec(info, k, v.quest, v.count, v.name, v.hint, true)
if quest_formspec then
formspec = formspec..quest_formspec
end
end

return formspec
end

quest_lib.get_quest_formspec = function(info, i, quest, required, text, hint, inventory)
local quest = quest_lib.quests.get(info.page, info.player_name, quest)
if not quest then return end

local count = math.min(quest, required)
local y = 2.9 + (i * 0.6)
local formspec = 'label[0.5,'..y..'; '..text..' ('..count..'/'..required..')]'

if hint then
-- formspec = formspec..'item_image_button[5.8,'..y..';0.6,0.6;'
formspec = formspec..'item_image_button[9,'..y..';0.6,0.6;'
..quest_lib.craft_guide.image_button_link(hint)..']'
end

if count == required then
formspec = formspec .. 'image[-0.2,'..(y - 0.25)..';1,1;checkbox_checked.png]'
info.count = info.count + 1
else
formspec = formspec .. 'image[-0.2,'..(y - 0.25)..';1,1;checkbox_unchecked.png]'
end

return formspec
end
For all i know something could be changing with formspecs in 5.3.0 and this will need to be fixed again. Oh well. :) I'm sure there's a proper way to do it with word-wrapping and stuff. I don't even know if this is the old or new co-ord system, i'm largely code-stupid, so no warranties.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Thanks, this allowed the game to start again. But then I mined some tree leaves, it crashed again and now I can't join the world. :P I don't know how to fix the missing collision info problem, except for maybe hunting for a similar context in MineClone 2 and apply the same syntax. But lua is strange to me, and the game's API is also unknown to me, so low chances of fixing it, unless it's something really obvious, unlike the value tweaks you did. :)

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'default' in callback luaentity_Step(): /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item_entity.lua:198: Collision info missing, this is caused by an out-of-date/buggy mod or game
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item_entity.lua:198: in function 'on_step'
	...es/skyfactory/mods/minetest_game/default/item_entity.lua:43: in function <...es/skyfactory/mods/minetest_game/default/item_entity.lua:42>

goats

by goats » Post

I would just play this in an instance of MT 5.2, if possible.

The /default directory from the Minetest Game as used in SkyFactory may be out of date wrt the current version of the Minetest engine, and is conflicting with the current /builtin stuff. It is possible that you might replace the files in that directory with ones from the current MTG, making sure to only copy files necessary if it isn't a full clone of the MTG /default.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Easy fix! :) Credits go to this commit.

Open this file: skyfactory/mods/minetest_game/default/item_entity.lua

These are the lines 42-43:

on_step = function(self, dtime)
		builtin_item.on_step(self, dtime)
Update them to this:

on_step = function(self, dtime, ...)
		builtin_item.on_step(self, dtime, ...)
I played for a few minutes and the game no longer crashed. :)

faissaloo
IRC: faissaloo
In-game: faissaloo

by faissaloo » Post

I decided to add the nether mod to this but whenever I enter the nether I get booted straight out, does SkyFactory force you to stay in the overworld? How can I disable that behaviour?
Also there's a bug whereby you can generate free dirt by digging out spawn and then killing yourself. This creates a platform of dirt.

Edit: I fixed the nether by changing spawn_tick() in skyblock/register_misc.lua to the following:

local function spawn_tick()
	for _, player in ipairs(minetest.get_connected_players()) do
	if player:getpos().y < skyblock.world_bottom and player:getpos().y > skyblock.world_bottom-256 then -- Don't do anything if the user is more than 256 blocks below world bottom, because they're probably in a different realm
			skyblock.spawn_player(player)
		end
	end
	minetest.after(spawn_throttle, spawn_tick)
end

awsomesurviver

by awsomesurviver » Post

Whenever I try to open it I get an error saying that in the Skyblock mod, "unknown node:-64