[Game] Lib game

teodor99

[Game] Lib game

by teodor99 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 21:41

This subgame is made for the version 0.4.17.
Contains 114 mods and more than 11000 items in the inventory.
It is important to run it as a server, but it will give memory oom error.
I hope you like it

Screenshot

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jxxvw0isp5o4fhc/Lib_Game.zip/file

Noodlemire

GitHub: Noodlemire
In-game: Noodlemire

Re: [Game] Lib game

by Noodlemire » Fri Dec 20, 2019 21:59

...So first off, you didn't actually post any screenshot. You have the word "Screenshot", and that's it.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, what actually is the game about? Sure, it has a lot of something in it, but it'd be nice to know at least a little of what that something is, and what (if anything) sets it apart from default minetest game with 100+ mods manually installed.

Also, could you provide details about this "memory oom error", and why it would necessitate creating a whole server for the game?

thunderdog1138

GitHub: thunderdog1138
In-game: thunderdog

Re: [Game] Lib game

by thunderdog1138 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 23:42

Noodlemire wrote:Also, could you provide details about this "memory oom error", and why it would necessitate creating a whole server for the game?

I believe he means "memory room error". With hundreds of mods and 11,000+ items, no stock computer (with the possible exception of a top of the line gaming computer) would be able to handle this game, and the necessary hardware upgrades to run it would be expensive. Servers, on the other hand, are built with the sole purpose of storing large amounts of memory, and are perfectly suited to running this game.
Check out my Star Wars subgame.

Return to WIP Games