A replacement for Minimal Development Test.
This is not a real game, it's only meant for testing out engine features!
As the name suggests, this is supposed to be a test environment for engine features, but much more exhaustive than Minimal Development Test. There are tons of test nodes, tools, items and other stuff to test.
It can also be useful to test your own mods with minimal interference.
I have already discovered numerous bugs with this thing. If you want to help with bug-hunting in Minetest, this should be the tool of your choice. :-)
The loading time is very fast.
It's a direct fork of Minimal Development Test. The goal is to replace the official Minimal Development Test (see #9260).
- Lots of test nodes, items and entities to test out engine features
- Tools to manipulate nodes and entities (see mods/testtools/README.md for a manual)
- Basic, minimal mapgen
- Chest of Everything contains all items
- Automated tests
- Settings to turn on/off certain tests (based on the principle of “minimal interference”, most things start turned off)
- Convenience commands
- Settings to enable different tests
- Complete overhaul of the messy codebase of Minimal Development Test
- Principle of minimal interference: The added features try to interfere as little as possible with the default Minetest behavior. Some features need to be activated explicitly. This should make Development Test ideal to test dependency-free mods.
- Many old/broken features, nodes and items of Minimal Development Test were removed
NOTE: These links are OUTDATED, I will no longer update the repository linked below, as Development Test is now an official part of Minetest, there's no need to maintain the old repository anymore.
- Download latest version (bleeding edge): https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/devtest ... master.zip
- Project page: https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/devtest
- Git repository: https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/devtest.git
- Proposal to include Development Test in official Minetest: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/9260
Mintest 5.1.0 will also work, but there will be (harmless) missing texture bugs.
License: Same as license of Minetest 5.1.0 (because it's a fork of Minimal Development Test).