[Game] Exile 0.2.2

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

Re: [Game] Exile 0.2.2

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

Hello there, I recently wrote a mod for my own game which I think might be interesting for Exiles gameplay.

It adds a cart which the player can pull along for extra inventory space. While pulling it the player speed is decreased and they can't jump, the intent being that the player has to build roads first before they can use it effectively (though naturall slopes would make that unnecessary).

If you wanted to integrate it, you would have to at minimum make a way to craft it and change the way pysics overrides are handled to make them compatible with all the other effects the player can experience in Exile.

Here's a link: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26400

Cheers to Dokimi for making this awesome game and to everyone who has been buildin on top of that since.

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

by freshreplicant » Post

Skamiz Kazzarch wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 07:45
Hello there, I recently wrote a mod for my own game which I think might be interesting for Exiles gameplay.

It adds a cart which the player can pull along for extra inventory space. While pulling it the player speed is decreased and they can't jump, the intent being that the player has to build roads first before they can use it effectively (though naturall slopes would make that unnecessary).

If you wanted to integrate it, you would have to at minimum make a way to craft it and change the way pysics overrides are handled to make them compatible with all the other effects the player can experience in Exile.

Here's a link: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26400

Cheers to Dokimi for making this awesome game and to everyone who has been buildin on top of that since.
I was actually hoping you'd target Exile when I saw you post this mod. I think it'd be a great fit, especially with Mantar's Dev version with Natural Slopes.

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

The cart's a cool mod, but I"m not sure how it slots into Exile's tech tree. It would clearly require the harder maraka wood and the tools of the carpentry workbench to build a cart that could carry a heavy load, but by that time you've long since had the woven backpacks with 16 slots apiece, and now can make the fiber backpacks with 32 slots. I'm not sure I want to nerf backpacks to make a cart useful. But then again that cart is pretty sweet. Huh.

Yesterday was spent bug hunting for why players aren't laying down in bed in third person. I've tracked it down to a bug somewhere in player_api, but haven't figured out where. Dropping runsy's player_api in fixes the bug, but clothing works differently and that will require a fair bit of effort to work it in without breaking our clothing. Still, it has some nice features we need anyway, like support for male and female skins, and I suspect it may simplify some of the code for clothing, too. So I've tossed that on the to-do list. Maybe not for the upcoming release, though.
The tricky part for release will be merging the code for natural slopes without including natural_slopes itself, so that people getting the game off contentdb will auto-download the latest natural_slopes instead of our now-outdated snapshot that I stuffed in the Development branch for testing purposes. I think I know how to wrangle git to do that, so that should happen next time I have a chance to work on Exile.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

Skamiz Kazzarch

I haven't actually gotten all that far into the tech tree, since I never figured how to bake pottery (even though I dit take a peek at the code), so I have no idea how it would fit in.

Terrafirma craft, a mod for minecraft which does something similar as Exile does for MTG, has barrels in which you can store items and then pick them up. Only, when you have more than one in your inventory you are over-encumbered and can't move. This basically gives you a flat increase in inventry space.
With the backpacks not beeing limmited they increase the capacity exponentially, which makes it hard to make any further improvements.
Though even as it is now you could just load the cart full of backpacks no? That should at least double the capacity. Admitedly I don't see the player needing that much inventory often, unless they are building a whole castle.

No pressure though. I just wrote this mod for my own game and decided to share since it seemed fitting, but if it doesn't find a place here noting is lost for it.

Anyone feel like sharing pictures of their builds? I haven't gotten further than the living in a cave stage.

DreamsInBlocks

by DreamsInBlocks » Post

Many exiles ago this place started as a muddy lean-to in saltwater flats, to which I figured there was a fair chance that in my weakness, I could always descend and rest. Later came a thatch canopy, clay walls, and now this cottage. Not much inside, a couple of guest beds and a welcome basket of torches.

My "real" home is a cave over the hill, started by another long-gone exile, but I maintain both places. The granite and the limestone floor come from that cave.

I have a secret hope that the waterway will flood this house seasonally, but it doesn't work that way (and if it did, it turns out I'm surrounded by dry hills and savannah).
Thaw.jpg
Thaw.jpg (131.39 KiB) Viewed 1093 times

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Skamiz Kazzarch wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 20:44
With the backpacks not beeing limmited they increase the capacity exponentially, which makes it hard to make any further improvements.
Though even as it is now you could just load the cart full of backpacks no? That should at least double the capacity. Admitedly I don't see the player needing that much inventory often, unless they are building a whole castle.
That actually gives me pause to think: I could make carts useful by either implementing weights for objects (so carrying lots of heavy things would give a small but noticeable penalty to speed and energy use) or, possibly my preferred solution, by making it so backpacks are only available as inventory objects while empty. The game currently prevents you from putting backpacks into containers other than your inventory, I could try to set it up so you could only wear them. That would undercity exploration much more difficult though, as you'd need tools, a bed, food, and room for loot. I don't think a cart would be too much help there with the mazes and stairs and ladders everywhere.
Anyone feel like sharing pictures of their builds? I haven't gotten further than the living in a cave stage.
I'd love to post a few, but I'm getting http errors, so it may have to wait for the forum server to get its act together.
DreamsInBlocks wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 00:51
That's a cozy little place you've got!

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

This here is from my current world, The Pale. Spoiler because of advanced build tricks someone might want to figure out on their own.
Spoiler
That's an iron smelter on the left. I've taken the corners off it since, it gives better airflow and smelts faster, but then it also roasts you if you stand too close. Kind of a tradeoff. It's got a deep pit in the center for slag, and four iron mix blocks, one per side, surrounded by charcoal.
Centered in the back is a massive charcoal maker; slabs let me deal with the contents while still blocking airflow, because Exile is not earth.
And in the foreground is my farm, it's on a bed of rammed earth to prevent moisture flowing out, and surrounded by gravel stairs which block lateral water flow, and are pretty aesthetic IMO. It was irrigated by burying it under wet clay, since I have tons of clay in this area and very little loam.
In dev news, I've merged the natural slopes code into master, and pushed an update (v0.3.0) to contentdb, where it's currently awaiting review. If you switch to the master branch off github, you'll need to install naturalslopeslib from the contentdb and add it to your existing worlds manually.
Currently on the todo list: updating code to Minetest 5.4.0, looking into multiplayer bugs, runsy's player_api, and the crop rewind feature.
Attachments
ThePale-farm+smelter+charcoalmaker.jpg
ThePale-farm+smelter+charcoalmaker.jpg (578.68 KiB) Viewed 1093 times

Effei_Gloom

by Effei_Gloom » Post

Tested the master Version, it has naturalslopeslib in mods Folder and starts without error. Though you have to activate them by putting 'exile_enableslopes = true' in
Exile/minetest.conf, it is not needed to install them via contentdb.

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

I think that may be a leftover from your local setup, because if you look in https://github.com/jeremyshannon/Exile/tree/master/mods you'll see naturalslopeslib is not present, and settingtypes.txt has enable_slopes set to true by default.

In other news, I've split my release into two branches, 2.3.0 for Minetest 5.3.0, and 0.3.0 for Minetest 5.4.0. There are bugfixes in both: One crash, a bug where snow blocks were vanishing instead of melting into water, and a fix for poor water transparency on 5.4.0. I'll probably make a new thread for the release today.

Effei_Gloom

by Effei_Gloom » Post

Mantar wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 16:36
I think that may be a leftover from your local setup, because if you look in https://github.com/jeremyshannon/Exile/tree/master/mods you'll see naturalslopeslib is not present, and settingtypes.txt has enable_slopes set to true by default.
ok you are right, think I was not on master branch. Natural slopes now needs to be installed via contentDB mods.

To have it generated I still need to add to exile/minetest.conf:
exile_nobreaktaker = true
exile_breaktime = 30
exile_enableslopes = true

Not adding breaktaker runs into error:
ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'bed_rest' in callback on_joinplayer():

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Ooh, that's not good. Those ought to be auto set to defaults by settingtypes.txt. I'll have to check that out as soon as I have some time, but it might have to wait until the weekend, as it looks like I'm gonna be busy IRL for the time being.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

settingtypes.txt defaults are for the setting menu only. They don't actually set the default value for minetest.settings:get()
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 21:06
settingtypes.txt defaults are for the setting menu only. They don't actually set the default value for minetest.settings:get()
Wow, really? So after I configure the settings for my mod/game and set the defaults, I have to set the defaults again in a different place? Thats..... HIGHLY counterintuitive, and I am left wondering what the reasoning was for such an apparently silly design decision.
Well, okay, I'll have to fix that then. Should be soon.

Edit: The fix is in, and a bugfix for an odd crash I noted down a couple days back.

Effei_Gloom

by Effei_Gloom » Post

With natural slopes this game is amazing and challenging. Master Branch now top, thank you Mantar. Much appreciated.

Effei_Gloom

by Effei_Gloom » Post

An idea to backpacks, carts and roads.

How about we only allow backpacks as Clothing. Then you can only use one at a time (which is logic), and at the same time we free up possibilities for other transports like carts.

Idea to carts, how would it be to disallow jumping while Exiles are dragging/moving a cart? It would lead to a reasonable behavior: Natural slops can be passed but steeper cliffs not. That would make creation of 'roads' useful and natural or at least Exiles would try to roll stones out of the way.

When I find some time, I would change backpacks to Clothing tab and send you a pull request.

Skamiz Kazzarch

Effei_Gloom wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 13:41
Idea to carts, how would it be to disallow jumping while Exiles are dragging/moving a cart?
That's part of the mod since it's release. I have since, on request, added the option to disable this feature, but by default, jumping is disabled. (You can still jump a tiny little bit, just to have some feedback from pressing the button.)

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Effei_Gloom wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 13:41
How about we only allow backpacks as Clothing. Then you can only use one at a time (which is logic), and at the same time we free up possibilities for other transports like carts.
That was my thought upthread. But you can actually wear two backpacks at a time, it's just cumbersome -- one on the front and one on the back. It'd be neat if I could get a second backpack to appear in front of you in first person, blocking your view. Do you want to double your carry capacity in exchange for an increased chance of falling into a pit because you can't see directly below and in front of you?

u18398

by u18398 » Post

No matter what I try. Latest release (crashes instantly) or latest clone from master (or any other branch, 0.3 does not exist). Nothing is working. Latest minetest 5.4 stable.

Code: Select all

2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "animals" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "artifacts" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "bones" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "canoe" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "exile_env_sounds" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "inferno" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "tech"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "liquid_store" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "lore" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "mapgen" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "animals" "nodes_nature" "tech"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "megamorph" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "artifacts" "nodes_nature" "tech"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "nodes_nature" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "naturalslopeslib"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "ropes" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "tech" "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "tech" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature" "liquid_store"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: mod "volcano" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 17:17:57: WARNING[Main]: \!/ Mod security should never be disabled, as it allows any mod to access the host machine.Mods should use minetest.request_insecure_environment() instead \!/
2021-03-21 17:17:57: WARNING[Main]: Calling get_connected_players() at mod load time is deprecated (at ...n/.minetest/games/Exile-0.3.0/mods/crafting/stations.lua:55)
2021-03-21 17:17:57: WARNING[Main]: Node 'light_source' value exceeds maximum, limiting to maximum: illumination:light_full
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: Mapgen: Mapgen alias 'mapgen_stone' is invalid!
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ERROR[Main]: Mapgen: Mapgen alias 'mapgen_water_source' is invalid!
2021-03-21 17:17:57: WARNING[Main]: Mapgen: Mapgen alias 'mapgen_river_water_source' is invalid!
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ACTION[Main]: World at [/home/admin/.minetest/worlds/horst]
2021-03-21 17:17:57: ACTION[Main]: Server for gameid="Exile-0.3.0" listening on 0.0.0.0:30000.
2021-03-21 17:17:59: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: PNG warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
2021-03-21 17:18:00: ACTION[Server]: Karl [127.0.0.1] joins game. List of players: Karl
2021-03-21 17:18:01: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'bed_rest' in callback on_joinplayer(): .../.minetest/games/Exile-0.3.0/mods/bed_rest/functions.lua:21: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
2021-03-21 17:18:01: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2021-03-21 17:18:01: ERROR[Main]: 	.../.minetest/games/Exile-0.3.0/mods/bed_rest/functions.lua:21: in function <.../.minetest/games/Exile-0.3.0/mods/bed_rest/functions.lua:17>
2021-03-21 17:18:01: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:422: in function </usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:406>
2021-03-21 17:18:02: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down

Code: Select all

-------------
  Separator
-------------

2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "animals" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "artifacts" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "bones" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "canoe" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "exile_env_sounds" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "inferno" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "tech"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "liquid_store" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "lore" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "mapgen" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "animals" "nodes_nature" "tech"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "megamorph" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "artifacts" "nodes_nature" "tech"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "nodes_nature" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "naturalslopeslib"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "ropes" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "tech" "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "tech" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature" "liquid_store"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: mod "volcano" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "nodes_nature"
2021-03-21 16:59:53: WARNING[Main]: \!/ Mod security should never be disabled, as it allows any mod to access the host machine.Mods should use minetest.request_insecure_environment() instead \!/
2021-03-21 16:59:53: WARNING[Main]: Calling get_connected_players() at mod load time is deprecated (at ...e/admin/.minetest/games/Exile/mods/crafting/stations.lua:55)
2021-03-21 16:59:53: WARNING[Main]: Node 'light_source' value exceeds maximum, limiting to maximum: illumination:light_full
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: Mapgen: Mapgen alias 'mapgen_stone' is invalid!
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ERROR[Main]: Mapgen: Mapgen alias 'mapgen_water_source' is invalid!
2021-03-21 16:59:53: WARNING[Main]: Mapgen: Mapgen alias 'mapgen_river_water_source' is invalid!
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ACTION[Main]: World at [/home/admin/.minetest/worlds/Test]
2021-03-21 16:59:53: ACTION[Main]: Server for gameid="Exile" listening on 0.0.0.0:30000.
2021-03-21 16:59:55: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: PNG warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
2021-03-21 16:59:55: ACTION[Server]: Karl [127.0.0.1] joins game. List of players: Karl
2021-03-21 16:59:56: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 340 of 569 active blocks)
2021-03-21 16:59:57: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 393 of 768 active blocks)
2021-03-21 16:59:58: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 566 of 778 active blocks)
2021-03-21 16:59:59: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 620 of 958 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:00: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 768 of 1102 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:01: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 675 of 1005 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:02: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 623 of 995 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:03: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 654 of 1039 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:04: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 601 of 1021 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:04: ACTION[Server]: CHAT: <Karl> me all
2021-03-21 17:00:05: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 700 of 907 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:07: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 806 of 1085 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:08: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 603 of 1201 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:10: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 727 of 1023 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:10: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 868 of 1000 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:11: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 580 of 1103 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:11: ACTION[Server]: Karl granted (server, shout, fly, password, creative, bring, kick, monoid_master, teleport, ban, set_temp, noclip, set_weather, privs, fast, basic_privs, debug, give, protection_bypass, rollback, settime, interact) privileges to Karl
2021-03-21 17:00:12: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 737 of 1098 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:13: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 551 of 1040 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:14: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 507 of 1165 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:15: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 804 of 1165 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:33: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 837 of 959 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:00:34: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 750 of 1357 active blocks)
2021-03-21 17:01:43: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod '' in callback environment_Step(): /home/admin/.minetest/games/Exile/mods/crafting/gui.lua:90: attempt to index local 'result' (a nil value)
2021-03-21 17:01:43: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2021-03-21 17:01:43: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/admin/.minetest/games/Exile/mods/crafting/gui.lua:90: in function 'make_result_selector'
2021-03-21 17:01:43: ERROR[Main]: 	...e/admin/.minetest/games/Exile/mods/crafting/stations.lua:41: in function 'get_formspec'
2021-03-21 17:01:43: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/admin/.minetest/games/Exile/mods/sfinv/api.lua:125: in function 'set_player_inventory_formspec'
2021-03-21 17:01:43: ERROR[Main]: 	...e/admin/.minetest/games/Exile/mods/health/on_actions.lua:457: in function <...e/admin/.minetest/games/Exile/mods/health/on_actions.lua:226>
2021-03-21 17:01:43: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:422: in function </usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:406>
2021-03-21 17:01:43: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2021-03-21 17:01:43: ACTION[Server]: Karl leaves game. List of players: 
2021-03-21 17:01:43: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

If you're installing from Git, you'll need to install naturalslopeslib separately. I guess I should put that in the readme. I'd recommend copying it into the exile mods/ folder. If you install it your .minetest/mods, like when you manually install from the contentdb, you'll have to activate it by hand for each world you use.

The release should go up on contentdb eventually, I'm waiting for a response from Dokimi to authorize me as the new maintainer. Once that happens you'll be able to install my releases from contentdb and the dependency should be handled automatically.

Effei_Gloom

by Effei_Gloom » Post

Backpacks as clothing:
Did some tests to change the clothing gui and to integrate a large backpack and small breastbag.
I would like when you can access the storage of the bags directly in the gui instead of putting them down to open them. Also the Exile would need to be slowed down, when he tries to put the backpacks in his normal inventory.

When a backpack is not in Clothing slots, the backpack slots shall be unavailable or greyed out. (just used a dummy item for that) Please mark, because of the limited space the large backpack has only 12 slots and the small 6.
Spoiler
My coding knowledge is at its limit, when you take out the backpack and the items have to stay with the bag. Well for now just an overall idea how it could work.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Mantar wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 21:06
If you're installing from Git, you'll need to install naturalslopeslib separately. I guess I should put that in the readme. I'd recommend copying it into the exile mods/ folder.
Thx. That was doing the trick. Now it works.

Jackknife

by Jackknife » Post

there seems to be a glitch that causes the player to slide across the ground when after being hurt
and the player can't move at all.
I would try to figure out how to fix that but I don't have much coding knowledge.

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Noted, Jackknife. Kind of tricky to reproduce, but I'll have to see what I can do.

Currently I've moved from planning/decisionmaking to actual code work on inserting runs' player_api from juanchi_game into Exile. It's up and running, but clothing is busted and will have to be rewritten to work with it. It should simplify some of our clothing code, and gets us a couple of features we want. It also fixes the standing-in-bed bug, which was pretty nasty. (I had thought about just porting what we want from runs' work, but then I spent a fair bit of time going over the code of both player_apis trying to figure out what runs' version did or didn't do that fixed that particular bug, and I was unable to find it.)

I'll post it to github so anyone who's curious can look at it, the branch is named runsapi. I don't recommend it as playable yet, though -- if you want to take a peek, use a new disposable world because I'm not sure what it'll do with your clothes.

Currently players get a random gender picked for them, and arrive naked except for some linen underwear. Some art assets will have to be done, the cartoony faces clash with Exile's look, and the ladies have no bra as of yet. Art is a low priority, though.

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Work continues. You can wear (default) clothes with the inventory again. I made a project page as a visible to-do list. https://github.com/jeremyshannon/Exile/projects/1

Also I just wanna say, formspecs are not quite the devil, but they're trying, gosh darn it!

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Update on runsapi branch: Exile clothing now works, is visible, and updates temperature resistance accordingly. Capes work, but are not visible until I patch the new player_api to handle them.
Old clothing stored in chests will work fine, but anything worn on your person in a master-branch save will be inaccessible until I've got a migration system set up to copy them over to the new inventory.