usage: sudo -l [-AknS] [-g group] [-h host] [-p prompt] [-U user] [-u user]
            [command]
usage: sudo [-AbEHknPS] [-r role] [-t type] [-C num] [-g group] [-h host] [-p
            prompt] [-T timeout] [-u user] [VAR=value] [-i|-s] [<command>]
usage: sudo -e [-AknS] [-r role] [-t type] [-C num] [-g group] [-h host] [-p
            prompt] [-T timeout] [-u user] file ...
ss@mx:~
$ 
so that doesn't work, OR, because i'm just a mere 'normal' person and not a programmer or hacker, i'm not sure exactly which command to use, simply putting what you wrote in your last reply and the minetest wiki just gives the results above. sorry that i don't know what else needs to be done for that command to do what it needs to do but i really do appreciate you taking the time to help me figure out how to play your game.

so, now knowing what you know about the location of where flatpak version of MT keeps its directory, which command exactly would you enter in the "command line", and i'm assuming by command line you mean the terminal? or something in the game/MT itself?
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain

siegment
GitHub: forked-from-1kasper
In-game: kraken

Re: Loria

by siegment » Post

>o, now knowing what you know about the location of where flatpak version of MT keeps its directory, which command exactly would you enter in the "command line", and i'm assuming by command line you mean the terminal? or something in the game/MT itself?
Yes, terminal. “--config” option should be given to Minetest binary, and I don’t think that minetest should be launched via sudo. So you can try in your terminal something like “minetest --config /home/ss/.var/app/net.minetest.Minetest/.minetest/minetest.conf”, if, of course, Minetest binary is in your PATH. (I don’t know exactly where flatpak stores Minetest binary.)

chef trip
GitHub: teklife
In-game: yuh

by chef trip » Post

thank you for the exact command to enter into the terminal, however, it didn't work, i'm getting the same result.

after some googling, i've located the flatpak minetest bin in several locations, but i'm going to guess that the one in the directory called 'active' is the one that's used. here's that path

/var/lib/flatpak/app/net.minetest.Minetest/x86_64/stable/active/files/bin

the other directory within /var/flatpak which contain minecraft bin files are

/var/lib/flatpak/app/net.minetest.Minetest/current/73f448a59aa3768d073aee8f38ca72f5c2c9dc79ff6d38a9b702f5630c6d7f1c/files/bin

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain

siegment

by siegment » Post

Looks strange, but you can also try several things:
1. Set “secure.enable_security = false” in your minetest.conf, but this is not safe, obviously.
2. Install Loria from GitHub (after removing version from ContentDB), maybe problem is related to ContentDB.
3. Install Minetest not from flatpak, but using native for your Linux distribution package manager.

siegment

by siegment » Post

Also check out latest release (just update from game menu if you use ContentDB version). I added fallback mode for electricity, which does not require an insecure environment. It can be enabled with “electricity_fallback = true” in your minetest.conf or in the game settings (main menu ⇒ settings ⇒ all settings ⇒ games ⇒ Loria). In this mode maps with electricity can be very slow, but if you don’t plan use electricity a lot, it can help.