[Game] The RealTest Game [realtest]

Games that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
sda97

[Game] The RealTest Game [realtest]

by sda97 » Post

RealTest

The main purpose of this mod is changing minetest toward greater realism.

Changes:
+ Ores: bituminous coal, brown coal, coal, anthracite, bauxite, bismuthinite, cassiterite, galena, garnierite, hematite, limonite, magnetite, malachite, native copper, native gold, native silver, sphalerite, tetrahedrite, lapis lazure
- Default ores
+ Peat

+ Bonfire, furnace

+ Metals: aluminium, bismuth, bismuth bronze, black bronze, black steel, bronze, brass, copper, gold, lead, nickel, pig iron, platinum, rose gold, silver, steel, sterling silver, tin, zinc, wrought iron
+ New variant for smelting metals from ores
+ Alloys

+ Anvil
+ Scribing table
+ Sawing table
+ Recipes
+ New tools and their crafts from tool head and stick
+ Blocks: flat stone, desert flat stone, metal blocks
+ Anvil

+ New trees

Guide:

Start
So you've created the world. All you have are hands that are good for light cases.
The first thing to do is to find trees. But you cann't break a tree with hands. No problem: you can dig dirt under a tree. After that, the tree collapses and you get logs, sticks and saplings.

First tools
First you need to find a few stones. They roll around and look like this:

Now add up the stones in the crafting for getting tool head.

Now you should join tool head with stick(they have to stay you from cutting the tree, or just a broken leaves) and take stone tool. This tool is slowly, but it can help first time.

First home
The first house is the best hollow in the rock or constructed of planks. For breaking into the rock using a pick previously obtained. To obtain planks put a log on the ground and cut it with an ax. You will get 4 boards, from which. You can make wooden objects, but you can not build.

For building you must use planks blocks:

If you hollow out a house in the ore you decide two problems: the housing problem and the problem with the ore.

Also, you can just climb up the tree and leave the thing in the chest.

Fire

To start a fire, you need something to ignite it. Connect the two sticks. You will get a tool that can make a bonfire or furnace.

Now throw five sticks on the ground and use them two sticks.

A fire can not work the first time.You can spend a few lighters, to do this .

Now you can click on the RMB to see the fire and its interface.

Left are slots: Lower fuel and top for what you need to cook. On the right are slots for the result.

Bonfire will not disappear if you do not put the fuel, but goes out. Later it will be easy to rekindle: laying the fuel and ignites a two sticks.

Now let's make a couple of torches. Put a stick in the source slot and the result will be two torches on each stick.

Metal time

You probably already tired of stone tools, so that the loan metals. In the game there are a lot. In addition, they have a different strength. For example, cast iron solid copper, steel durable cast iron. The strongest of black steel. That is why the work metals can only be strong enough anvils.

To start, you need light metals. This bismuth, zinc and tin. They are obtained from the smelting of bismuthinite, cassiterite and sphalerite.

To start looking for ore deposits. Now find the field has become much more complicated, but the field has become very large (up to 850 pieces from the field). But we are so much now is not necessary. But the ore is not so easy to smelt, it will be spread. Therefore, we need molds. They can sculpt in clay and burn at the stake. Clay is no longer a scarce resource, because it is found in the sand or in the ground, but only next to water bodies. You'll need it very much.

Then put in the form of ore and smelt in the bonfire.

You now have a metal, but how to get it out of shape? Just because your hands form not to break, it can only be broken. This requires an anvil. You can only make it out of solid rock. To get it you need obkopat block of stone from all sides. Stone can be folded stone anvil.

Now you need a hammer. How to do it has been described in the section of stone tools.

Now open the anvil, put neformovany metal hammer and break the form.
You got bullion, but what to do with it? Sure to strike! But forging need to know what to strike.

TO BE CONTINUED, but you yourself can try to find a way of forging, the game is sold.

Ores and minerals:

Bauxite

Smelting to: Unshaped aluminium
Bismuthinite
Smelting to: Unshaped bismuth
Cassiterite
Smelting to: Unshaped tin
Galena
Smelting to: Unshaped lead
Garnierite
Smelting to: Unshaped nickel
Hematite
Smelting to: Unshaped pig iron
Limonite
Magnetite
Malachite
Smelting to: Unshaped copper
Native copper
Native gold
Smelting to: Unshaped gold
Native silver
Smelting to: Unshaped silver
Sphalerite
Smelting to: Unshaped zinc
Tetrahedrite

Minerals:

Lapis lazure

Fuel:

Tree

Peat

Bituminous Coal
Occurrence depth: above -1000

Brown coal(Lignite)
Occurrence depth: -1000 -3000

Coal
Occurrence depth: -3000 -6000

Anthracite
Occurrence depth: below -6000

Attention! You cann't craft torch as before.(See сraft torches below)

Metals:

Metal level is its strength.

1 level(10 uses):
Gold
Obtaining: NativeGold = Unshaped gold

2 уровень(15 uses):
Tin
Obtaining: Cassiterite = Unshaped tin

3 уровень(20 uses):
Aluminium

Obtaining: Bauxite = Unshaped aluminium
Bismuth
Obtaining: Bismuthinite = Unshaped bismuth

Lead
Obtaining: Galena = Unshaped lead

Rose gold
Obtaining: 3 Unshaped gold + Unshaped brass = 4 Unshaped rose gold

4 уровень(25 uses):
Nickel
Obtaining: Garnierite = Unshaped nickel

Platinum
--NO RECIPE

Silver
Obtaining: Native silver = Unshaped silver

Copper
Obtaining: Native copper = Unshaped copper
Malachite = Unshaped copper
Tetrahedrite = Unshaped copper

Zinc
Obtaining: Sphalerite = Unshaped zink

Brass
Obtaining: 3 Unshaped copper + Unshaped zink = 4 Unshaped brass

Sterling silver
Obtaining: 3 Unshaped silver + Unshaped copper = 4 Unshaped sterling silver

Bismuth bronze
Obtaining: 2 Unshaped copper + Unshaped bismuth + Unshaped tin = 4 Unshaped bismuth bronze

5 уровень(30 uses):
Pig iron
Obtaining: Magnetite = Unshaped pig iron
Hematite = Unshaped pig iron
Limonite = Unshaped pig iron

Wrought iron
Obtaining: Pig iron ingot = Wrought iron ingot

Bronze
Obtaining: 3 Unshaped copper + Unshaped tin = 4 Unshaped bronze

6 уровень(35 uses):
Steel
Obtaining: 3 Unshaped wrought iron + 1 Unshaped pig iron = 4 Unshaped steel

Black bronze
Obtaining: 2 Unshaped copper + Unshaped gold + Unshaped silver = 4 Unshaped black bronze

7 уровень(40 uses):
Black steel
Obtaining: 2 Unshaped steel + Unshaped nickel + Unshaped black bronze = 4 Unshaped black steel

Crafts:

Tools:
Tool head + Stick = Tool

Hammer

Blocks:

Scribing table

Anvil

Bonfire

Metal blocks
ImageImage

Malachite block:
ImageImage

Malachite pyramid:

Malachite cacket

Malachite table

Malachite chest

Malachite cylinder

Malachite vase

Other:

Torch

Clay mold

Ceramic mold

Bucket
You can uses ingot of any metal.

Smelting
Ore + Ceramic mold = Ceramic mold with ore

Smelting ore to unshaped metals.

Unshaped metal = Metal ingot

ImageImage
You can melt the ingot again. To do this, put it in a mold and place in the furnace or bonfire.

Forging

Other
Cooking default:tree or default:wood to default:coal.

Search for ore:

Any ore can be found at any altitude. But to make the search for interesting regions were introduced. The probability of occurrence of ore in the region is 1/2. That is the type of ore may or may not be in the area. But if you find some some ore, then you can be sure that the area around is exactly the same ore.

This mod - try to clone mod TerraFirmaCraft for minecraft to minetest.
Link to TFCraft: http://www.terrafirmacraft.com/

My special thanks to user kotolegokot. Perhaps half of the game of the code written to them.

Git-Repository: https://github.com/sda97ghb/realtest

Wiki: https://github.com/sda97ghb/realtest/wiki

License: GPLv3

Download:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/82810123/minete ... altest.zip
Last edited by sda97 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

LolManKuba wrote:The more ores mod could carry some of the ores you have coded. And you have a crap ton of screenshots O.o
More Ores should work without any problem with this mod, normally.

inkelyad

by inkelyad » Post

You use default (and really boring) generate_ore. Can I suggest my generate_ore_perlin function from this post in "More Ores" thread?

sda97

by sda97 » Post

My mod and More Ores is different. More ores simply adds a lot of ore, but they are not realistic. They can even melt without special forms. In addition more ores is not able to make alloys.

inkelyad

by inkelyad » Post

Yes, I know. But you and Calinou use generate_ore from minetest upstream. It is using uniform distribution and boring.

sda97

by sda97 » Post

I will try to use the new function and tomorrow I will write about the results

Mallot1

by Mallot1 » Post

where did you et the side toolbar what mod is it plz add a link to it

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Mallot1 wrote:where did you et the side toolbar what mod is it plz add a link to it
Its the new Creative Mode Inventory in Minetest 0.4.2-rc1
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

inkelyad wrote:Yes, I know. But you and Calinou use generate_ore from minetest upstream. It is using uniform distribution and boring.
[citation needed]
Uniform distribution isn't "boring" (you've said that twice). What is "boring" for you? I use generate_ore because:
- the official game uses it, this means the ores generate like in the vanilla game.
- it is not predictable, of course.

inkelyad

by inkelyad » Post

Calinou wrote: - it is not predictable, of course.
The thing is. It is predictable. You can find any ore in any place of the map. No ore rich/oreless regions.

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

can i ask WTF is bituminous_coal? it is from your mod, but i don't know what to do with it... is it possible to produce it to simple coal lump?
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

sda97

by sda97 » Post

No, it can not be crafted to normal coal, but it can be, as usual, used in the furnace. Also pay attention to crafting a new recipe torches.

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

is there any other, more useful, application for it? only like a bad fuel?
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

xyz

by xyz » Post

Please, specify your mod & textures licenses.

sda97

by sda97 » Post

madarexxx wrote:is there any other, more useful, application for it? only like a bad fuel?
but, in real bituminous coal used as fuel only

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

Do'h!

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

mmm... what about integration with technic mod? It will be cool ! And one little thing - where can i find clay in minetest?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

madarexxx wrote:And one little thing - where can i find clay in minetest?
1 block under water where (beach)sand and water come together. Standard it's a light-grey block.

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

I found one really irritating thing: realtest switches off spawning of iron and coal - but iron and coal from it(realtest) can't be used in craft things from other mods, which need default:steel_ingot and default:coal! I have one request: could you integrate your mod with default and more_ores ;) I mean could you use "minetest.register_craftitem(moreores:gold_ingot" for realtest's gold ingot and same thing with other popular things like silver, copper, iron, tin?
I'm asking, because it will give us ability to have different methods of useful metals harvesting and may be it can be alternative for more_ores
Last edited by madarexxx on Thu Sep 06, 2012 16:00, edited 1 time in total.

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

madarexxx wrote:I found one really irritating thing: realtest switches off spawning of iron and coal - but iron and coal from it(realtest) can't be used in craft things from other mods, which need default:steel_ingot and default:coal! I have one request: could you integrate your mod with default and more_ores ;) I mean could you use "minetest.register_craftitem(moreores:gold_ingot" for realtest's gold ingot and same thing with other popular things like silver, copper, iron, tin?
I'm asking, because it will give us ability to have different methods of useful metals harvesting and may be it can be alternative for more_ores
or at least assigning aliases to them should work. No?

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

irksomeduck

by irksomeduck » Post

Looks cool, but -1000? Just to find coal?
I love exploring minetest worlds :D
If you have a good seed let me know
--------------------------------------------------
My world/house pack- http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3066

sda97

by sda97 » Post

sdzen wrote:
madarexxx wrote:I found one really irritating thing: realtest switches off spawning of iron and coal - but iron and coal from it(realtest) can't be used in craft things from other mods, which need default:steel_ingot and default:coal! I have one request: could you integrate your mod with default and more_ores ;) I mean could you use "minetest.register_craftitem(moreores:gold_ingot" for realtest's gold ingot and same thing with other popular things like silver, copper, iron, tin?
or at least assigning aliases to them should work. No?
I don't want integration with more ores. They have different purpose. More Ores simply extends default api. Real Test offers a new method of mining metals. As for coal and iron ingots I will try to return to the standard. Only iron ingots likely will be implemented, as wrought iron ingot.

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

mmm thank you for this too

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

dont mind the people giving you crap - its a good, realistic and detailed mod. +1 and keep up the good work :-)

Belgac

by Belgac » Post

Huge mod :) I love it.

I'm already a big fan of terra firma craft and seeing something as good coming to minetest is great :)
Contributor: Plant aging library
Creator: (soon)