GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: [Game] MineClone 5

by Blockhead » Post

Pizzakitty08 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 00:36
Structres are not spawning eh?
I spawn a lot of worlds and none had structres?
Check your mapgen flags, a similar thing happened to me where I didn't get any trees.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Pizzakitty08
In-game: pizzakitty26

by Pizzakitty08 » Post

so I tried that and it didn't work
Go fig?
the thing is that all the over games i have installed the stuctures work
for exmaple mineclone 2
and i would just play mcl 2 but it has WAAAAY less featrues

steeeeeven
GitHub: none
IRC: non e
In-game: steeeeeven

by steeeeeven » Post

steeeeeven wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 07:36
hi
Just wondering but would it be possible to make the hand movements and wield hand movement's faster like in Minecraft.

Thank you :)
I also wonder if could you make the multiplayer part of the deal less glichy?

PapaPalpatine

by PapaPalpatine » Post

Been having false alarms lately with the "You can't sleep because there's monsters nearby". In each case, I went looking but found no sign of hostiles in the area. Check and see if you accidentally mislabeled a passive or friendly mob in the code.

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

by Nicu » Post

Not necessarily. When you have a hole big enough (even 2x1) close to your bed, mobs can spawn in there when you explore. And considering creepers don't make any noises, you can't notice them at all (zombies and skeletons make noises).

I never had this issue in MineClone2 but if you want to be 100% sure, give yourself all rights and enable noclip and fly to go through your terrain surrounding your bed. It might be a good idea to empty your pockets before doing this, because if the creeper blows you up, you might lose it. :P And fill the holes while at it, so nothing can spawn there in the future.

Type T to enable the chat, and type this command to get all permissions:

Code: Select all

/grantme all

Hello_death
GitHub: Hello-death
IRC: Hello-death
In-game: riptiderazor

by Hello_death » Post

Hi all , i found that the ender dragon bug is still there. it doesnt spawn and neither does the exit portal. The only way to get back to the overworld is to die

also sheilds are laggy. and the tridents still dont work :(
PLease fix mcl5 tridents :,,(

kay27
GitHub: kay27

by kay27 » Post

Tridents are started by j45, and I added them just not to lose, then epCode made good model and texture, now we have to finish them, you may try to copy some code from bows to get started ;)

Hello_death
GitHub: Hello-death
IRC: Hello-death
In-game: riptiderazor

by Hello_death » Post

Will try when i get back onto my computer
PLease fix mcl5 tridents :,,(

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Repo pushed to Codeberg to explore Codeberg's features, the org name isn't final, more likely a test one, https://codeberg.org/MineClone/MineClone5/

What do you think about it?

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

Nice

roscoeb

by roscoeb » Post

Hi
Just started playing on this cool game.
I just suddenly had error codes pop up about my memory.

ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: finishGenOOM error from mod 'mcl_mapgen' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): not enough memory
2022-07-22 15:38:45: ERROR[Main]: Current Lua memory usage: 62 MB

I go on my laptops settings and I check my ram and it says 8.00 GB (7.84 GB usable), so surely it has enough memory?
I am not using any mods or texture packs.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

roscoeb wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 14:44
Hi
Just started playing on this cool game.
I just suddenly had error codes pop up about my memory.

ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: finishGenOOM error from mod 'mcl_mapgen' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): not enough memory

I go on my laptops settings and I check my ram and it says 8.00 GB (7.84 GB usable), so surely it has enough memory?
Let me guess, playing on Windows with the standard build? It is probably running on standard Lua. LuaJIT usually fixes the out of memory errors I think. You won't be running a stable version of Minetest - but try one of sfan5's builds which are built with LuaJIT.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 02:36
Let me guess, playing on Windows with the standard build? It is probably running on standard Lua. LuaJIT usually fixes the out of memory errors I think. You won't be running a stable version of Minetest - but try one of sfan5's builds which are built with LuaJIT.
I don't think LuaJIT fixes PUC ("standard") Lua OOM errors - quite the opposite: LuaJIT is more limited than PUC Lua, which is only limited by computer RAM.

roscoeb wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 14:44

Check how much memory is used. There should be memory left for Minetest & Lua. 62 MB is not a limitation of Minetest or Lua implementations - it's ridiculously small. I'm surprised your OS doesn't just slow to a crawl though - usually you don't get OOM, but rather swapping kicks in.

The second alternative is that this OOM is triggered by a bug in MCL2 where it tries to allocate absurd amounts of memory (e.g. by emerging a giant area, since this is in OnGenerated). You could try one of the MCL forks such as Mineclonia to see whether it fixes the issue.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

kay27

MineClone 5.1.11 Advanced Skin Mod Released!

by kay27 » Post

MineClone 5.1.11 Advanced Skin Mod:
  • Johannes Fritz (MrRar) added advanced skins mod, basic pillager and spawn with loaded crossbow, lava sparks, merged MCL2 preview removal, fixed texture issue for villager job sites, fixed mcl_wieldview
  • 3raven updated French translation, updated blackstone, fixed nether doors, merged MCL2 maps on lua .tga encoder, worked on glowing item frames and mushrooms
  • PrairieWind added loom, fletching table, tactical fishing, cartography table, many new achievments, fixed blast furnaces, smokers and code formatting
  • balazsszalab added sweet berriy bush into bonemealable plants and enabled its growth, used baby_size to scale chick size on hatching
  • wallabra tuned gravity on submerged items and creeper explosion logic
  • PrWalterB added partial Occitan translation
  • Sumyjkl improved foxes logic
  • FlamingRCCars fixed elytras
  • Added blackstone versions of ruined portals
  • World borders can include structures again
  • Hoppers work faster and can suck items again
  • Cactus can grow in inactive areas and stopped spawning naturally in unsuitable places
  • Enabled experimental mob head logic
  • Debugging info shows mapgen status - when enabled, it forces the engine not to offload nearest blocks around players
  • Fixed several crashes
  • Compatibility branch updated to run again on minetest-5.1.1 and be more performant
  • Updated CONTRIBUTING.md, GROUPS.md, README.md and mods/HUD/mcl_credits/CONTRUBUTOR_LIST.txt
Attachments
5111.png
5111.png (5.07 KiB) Viewed 2996 times

roscoeb

by roscoeb » Post

OK this is really annoying me now. I can play for 5 mins max before it crashes. Looked in my debug and it spammed this line for ages. WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead (at ...in\..\games\mineclone5\mods\ITEMS\mcl_core/functions.lua:106)
Please Help!

carid

by carid » Post

Hi, thank you for this wonderful mod.
I get the following warnings with latest release
Spoiler
Undeclared global variable "mcl_compatibility" accessed at ...st/games/mineclone5/mods/CORE/mcl_compatibility/init.lua:1
Undeclared global variable "mcl_vars" accessed at ...st/games/mineclone5/mods/CORE/mcl_compatibility/init.lua:2
Calling get_connected_players() at mod load time is deprecated (at ....minetest/games/mineclone5/mods/HUD/mcl_info/init.lua:77)
Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: mcl_smoker:smoker -> mcl_furnaces:smoker
Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: mcl_smoker:smoker_active -> mcl_furnaces:smoker_active
Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: mcl_blast_furnace:blast_furnace -> mcl_furnaces:blast_furnace
Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: mcl_blast_furnace:blast_furnace_active -> mcl_furnaces:blast_furnace_active
Undeclared global variable "on_rotate" accessed at ...netest/games/mineclone5/mods/ITEMS/mcl_mushroom/init.lua:429
Texture "respawn_anchor_top_off.png" of mcl_beds:respawn_anchor has transparency, assuming use_texture_alpha = "clip", you *MUST* update the nodedef and set use_texture_alpha = "clip"
Texture "portal.png" of mcl_beds:respawn_anchor_charged_1 has transparency, assuming use_texture_alpha = "clip"
Texture "extra_mobs_glow_item_frame_border.png" of mcl_itemframes:glow_item_frame has transparency, assuming use_texture_alpha = "clip"

PrairieWind
GitHub: PrairieAstronomer
IRC: PrairieWind
In-game: PrairieWind

by PrairieWind » Post

Hmm...odd issues with the aliases.

carid

by carid » Post

I think furnaces no longer work with hoppers, feeding or pulling items

kay27

by kay27 » Post

LMD wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 09:12
The second alternative is that this OOM is triggered by a bug in MCL2 where it tries to allocate absurd amounts of memory (e.g. by emerging a giant area, since this is in OnGenerated). You could try one of the MCL forks such as Mineclonia to see whether it fixes the issue.
MCL5 also tends to remove emerges (at all, except rare cases like prepare to teleporting).
Adding Nether fortresses (soon) promises to be a good test for this new approach.
By the way, area deactivation in Minetest works like Wave–particle duality - when we don't look at some area it might not load.

carid

by carid » Post

I got furnace/hoppers working by using old mcl_util.move_item_container.
Most recent doesn't handle default furnace inventory names correctly.

Another thing, previous default /debug was 3 (011), or 7 idk. Now it's 5 (101).
I think most players would rather have biome and coords.
Having /time would also be good.

roscoeb

by roscoeb » Post

roscoeb wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 20:38
OK this is really annoying me now. I can play for 5 mins max before it crashes. Looked in my debug and it spammed this line for ages. WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead (at ...in\..\games\mineclone5\mods\ITEMS\mcl_core/functions.lua:106)
Please Help!
Can anyone fix this???

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Thanks so much for the feedback! I read all the message and will fix reported issues.
What's wrong with /time, how you expect it to work? I use often /time 06:00 to call mornings

>> WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead (at ...in\..\games\mineclone5\mods\ITEMS\mcl_core/functions.lua:106)

I was sure it's from an old version of MCL5, didn't you try 1.11 on Minetest 5.5.1?

roscoeb

by roscoeb » Post

kay27 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:50
Thanks so much for the feedback! I read all the message and will fix reported issues.
What's wrong with /time, how you expect it to work? I use often /time 06:00 to call mornings

>> WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead (at ...in\..\games\mineclone5\mods\ITEMS\mcl_core/functions.lua:106)

I was sure it's from an old version of MCL5, didn't you try 1.11 on Minetest 5.5.1?
ok, ill try the latest release. :)

roscoeb

by roscoeb » Post

Not to be annoying but here is some things I would like to see in the next release.
Hoppers to take stuff out of furnaces.
Cactus and sugar cane to be bonemealable.
Ender dragon
Compatible with worldedit
Maybe a maze for the stronghold? I'm not sure about this one as i can imagine it would be hard to make.
Maybe more accurate textures?
EDITS:
Also iron golems don't spawn in villages?
Rain comes through blocks

I appreciate some of these may be hard to make, so don't go full beans against me as i know barely anytihg about the coding, textures ect.
Last edited by roscoeb on Tue Aug 02, 2022 17:52, edited 2 times in total.

carid

by carid » Post

Nothing wrong with /time. I meant it would be nice to have the coordinates and the time of day displayed on the bottom left corner