[Game] MineClone 5

bzt

Re: [Game] MineClone 5

by bzt » Post

Question.

I have two instances of Mineclone5. On both machines, same OS version, same MTE version (5.5.0), both has the latest MCL5 (no update available on Contents page). No additional modules enabled. As far as I can tell, settings are the same too (compared Settings / All Settings).

Yet, when I show the inventory, on one machine there's a left hand option (a shield icon above the skin), but not on the other.

How can this be possible? What should I change to enable left-hand on the other machine too?

Thanks,
bzt

bzt

by bzt » Post

Anybody?

Left hand works in MCL2, it's only missing in MCL5 and only on one machine. What settings should I look into?

Cheers,
bzt

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

bzt wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 09:10
Anybody?

Left hand works in MCL2, it's only missing in MCL5 and only on one machine. What settings should I look into?

Cheers,
bzt
Then it come soon to mcl5

chmod 000 -R /
GitHub: chmodsayshello
IRC: chmodsayshello HalloWarNiemalsHier
In-game: hallo chmodsayshello

by chmod 000 -R / » Post

The next release is growing larger and larger, which kinda surprises me because I thought mineclone5 has no milestones, are there any plans for the release date yet?

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

I think only that kay27 and me haven't time for release. But on eastern was a release planed

bzt

by bzt » Post

debiankaios wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:47
Then it come soon to mcl5
What do you mean? It is already working in MCL5! My issue is, it works on machine A, but not on machine B. It has to be some setting which is different and I'm not able to find.

Again, left-hand already works in MCL5, just not on one of the machines. On that machine, same version, same mods, yet no shield in the inventory.

Cheers,
bzt
Attachments
Place in inventory, versions and list of mods
Place in inventory, versions and list of mods
mcl5_lefthand.png (101.5 KiB) Viewed 4181 times

kay27
GitHub: kay27

by kay27 » Post

Well, it is mcl_shields. It might be caused by mineclone broken mod dependency, as well as by anything else. It's not easy to fix mod dependency. The best we can do for it — maybe stop adding every atomic thing as a separate mod, create more big mods instead of lots of small and rebuild dependency lists... If it's actual, would be nice to create an issue in issue tracker.

bzt

by bzt » Post

Thank you for your answer!
kay27 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 07:26
maybe stop adding every atomic thing as a separate mod
I wasn't adding anything separately. I've only installed MCL5 from the Contents page, that's all.

If this helps, I've checked, on both machines the one and only enabled element in the list is the "MineClone 5 mods" group. I haven't enabled any other mods, and I haven't disabled anything under that group (I don't think that latter is even possible). Both machines are running the latest version of the engine as well as the MCL5 game, and only the game's mods are enabled.

Is there anything I could look for in the logs? I've tried, but couldn't see anything related to mcl_shields in particular.

Could the mcl_shields have some undocumented dependency or conflict perhaps? (I don't know, the enabled list is exactly the same, but the machine which lacks shield has more installed mods. They are all disabled though, save the MCL5 group, but who knows?)
kay27 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 07:26
would be nice to create an issue in issue tracker.
I definitely will, but for now I don't know how to reproduce the issue. First I have to figure out what differs on those machines. As far as I can see now, they are identical, yet one works the other doesn't.

Cheers,
bzt

kay27

by kay27 » Post

bzt wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:45
I wasn't adding anything separately. I've only installed MCL5 from the Contents page, that's all.
Oh, Sorry, of course I didn't mean you, I meant more likely @erlehmann who still wants lego to built minecraft from it :( MineClone's dependencies feel bad right now. If the second machine is less powerful, it won't even be a surprise for me then. I several times tried to rebuild the dependencies, but they looped back, missed and messed at the same time - it's challenging. And definitely, it's not the architecture we want for a good game.

> Is there anything I could look for in the logs?

If we add

Code: Select all

minetest.log("warning", minetest.get_current_modname() .. " is running")
at the beginning of mods' init.lua, we'll probably see the order how minetest loads these mods.

Also I was wrong, the mod where the feature is adding is HUD/mcl_offhand, please forgive me.

kay27

MineClone 5.1.10 Easter Update

by kay27 » Post

MineClone 5.1.10 Easter Update is released!

* Compostablity percentage refactored by CableGuy67
* Lifted up clouds for valleys
* Chorus plants have more random shapes
* Restored proper colors of rabbits
* Added mcl_antispam
* Lodestones by chmodsayshello
* Respawn Anchors by chmodsayshello
* Replaced mcl_end_crystal_beam texture
* Fix mobs staying red after explosion by Johannes Fritz
* New advancements by PrairieWind
* Strike player by name by Johannes Fritz
* Mobs wear armor by Johannes Fritz
* Lava produce sparks by Johannes Fritz
* /spawnstruct places schematics at proper layer, by CableGuy67
* No sun damage wearing helment by Johannes Fritz
* French Translation update by 3raven
Attachments
110.png
110.png (163.42 KiB) Viewed 4020 times

bzt

by bzt » Post

kay27 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 17:50
Oh, Sorry, of course I didn't mean you, I meant more likely @erlehmann who still wants lego to built minecraft from it :(
Oh, I misunderstood then, sorry. I think it doesn't matter how the deps are given, as long as it works :-)
kay27 wrote:
If the second machine is less powerful, it won't even be a surprise for me then.
Interestingly, the one that lacks the shield is the more powerful (in terms of bogomips most certainly). Both have 4G of RAM, but the one that works is an ancient (ca. 15 years old) Core Duo with ATI radeon and HDD (slow), while the other is a 10th gen Celeron with i950 and SSD (incredibly faster storage).
kay27 wrote:
If we add

Code: Select all

minetest.log("warning", minetest.get_current_modname() .. " is running")
at the beginning of mods' init.lua, we'll probably see the order how minetest loads these mods.

Also I was wrong, the mod where the feature is adding is HUD/mcl_offhand, please forgive me.
No worries. I'll try to add messages to the mods' init.lua files, and report back. If you have any other suggestion I can try, let me know! My responses might lag a few days, but I'll do everything to help you figure this out.

Cheers,
bzt

PS: congrats for the Easter release! I think I'll first update to that and retry.

bzt

by bzt » Post

Ok, I've tried to add that message. To my surprise, there's no "mcl_offhand" at all on the machine that doesn't work. It is obviously not the latest MCL5, yet Contents tab says it is, and does not show any available updates. My guess is, it had some kind of cached mods list? Or maybe the last update failed, but it recorded that as a successful install?

After the Easter update, the option "update Mineclone 5" appeared on both computers' Contents tab, and after installing it the mcl_offhand mod now exists and works on both machines!

It looks like the problem wasn't MCL5 game related, rather engine related. I'm using Minetest for quite some years now, and I have never seen this behaviour before. Anyway, thank you for your help!

Cheers,
bzt

kay27

by kay27 » Post

ContentDB rejected MineClone 5 approval because... don't know why. Long story short, Nova_Wostra copied the noise for Ender Dragon beams from Minecraft into his Pixel Perfection texture pack as is, without modifying, and it was literally just the noise. Also it doesn't look like they disapproved MineClone 2, which had the same texture. I think, disapproved game explains the situation. As it was 2nd time, I started thinking about changing the textures, and changing the engine at the same time.

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

kay27 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 22:39
ContentDB rejected MineClone 5 approval because... don't know why.
you know why, it contained assets it didnt have the license to which was listed in changes needed. as you explain below.
EDIT: https://content.minetest.net/policy_and_guidance/ section 4.1
kay27 wrote:
Long story short, Nova_Wostra copied the noise for Ender Dragon beams from Minecraft into his Pixel Perfection texture pack as is, without modifying, and it was literally just the noise. Also it doesn't look like they disapproved MineClone 2, which had the same texture.
that would be because mineclone2 actually fixed the issue when it was reported to them, rather than sitting on it for a extended period of time
EDIT: heads up for a few days, and then 16 days before it a new release was made and submitted on contentdb
kay27 wrote:
I think, disapproved game explains the situation. As it was 2nd time, I started thinking about changing the textures, and changing the engine at the same time.
since its the second time, maybe a some sort of process or further checking is needed to verify that assets you dont have the license to are not included in the package
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

rob123
GitHub: qwerty123a2
In-game: joe and joergeg

Re: [Game] MineClone 5 [0.71.14]

by rob123 » Post

gustavo1 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:00
weird glitch.
The stone is because of a biome generation glitch that occurs in the v7 mapgen. You have to reset minetests settings to fix the bug or try v6.
If my post says something, it is a opinion and not fact unless i say so

kay27

by kay27 » Post

wsor4035 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 23:53
that would be because mineclone2 actually fixed the issue when it was reported to them, rather than sitting on it for a extended period of time
LOL, it's not true of course.
MCL2 still use edited version of it which is directly prohibited by its license.
It's nice that it's still approved.
It's not nice that MCL5 was disapproved twice, though in fact first time it didn't use the textures, next time the texture was just a noise and if we even check the license for the noise, it was not MCL5 issue still, because it derives from proper texture pack.
It doesn't bode well for the future.

corasTenthTry
GitHub: corarona
IRC: cora
In-game: cora

by corasTenthTry » Post

I'd like to point out that mcl2 has made 3 releases nowto fix this (thanks to you saying it publicly right here somewhat rushed again). While I agree that this was completely unnecessary and I probably shouldn't have just trusted devs when they said they fixed it it can hardly be said that we/I were inactive on this issue.

Now I have fixed this once and for all by creating a texture that is guaranteed to be original, in fact I encoded a sonett i wrote into its pixeldata to be sure. You're welcome to use it as well, it's in this PR https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... pulls/2134

The funniest thing about this is that evidently noone (and i dont mean the player/dev named noone) even tried the texture in game until I worked on the issue seeing as the offending texture doesn't even work correctly LOL

less talk, more do!

steeeeeven
GitHub: none
IRC: non e
In-game: steeeeeven

by steeeeeven » Post

hi
Just wondering but would it be possible to make the hand movements and wield hand movement's faster like in Minecraft.

Thank you :)

bzt

by bzt » Post

Hi,

Ok, I think I know now what have happened. It wasn't a bug in MCL5 nor in MTE after all, just an unfortunate series of events.

In case anyone is wondering, here's a reconstructed timeline:

1. new version of MCL5 was announced in ContentDB
2. I've updated the contents on machine A
3. due to texture licensing issues, MCL5 was temporarily removed from the ContentDB
4. I've tried to update machine B, but since MCL5 wasn't in the list, it wasn't refreshed
5. by the time of the Easter update, MCL5 was back in the ContentDB
6. so I could successfully update both machine A and machine B to the latest MCL5

Huh, it was quite a bughunt, considering this wasn't a bug at all! :-)

Anyway kay27 and the other developers, please keep up the good work! The road may be bumpy sometimes, but don't let that get you down, you're doing an amazing job!

Cheers,
bzt

steeeeeven

by steeeeeven » Post

if it is possible could you also add a mc texturepack that is downloadable along with the game itself suited only to the game (mineclone 5) itself. (edit): also could you add campfires)
thanks

(btw You people are doing a great job on this :) )

Jackknife

by Jackknife » Post

The squids and fish spawn on land and underground in the caves.

Also, non-monster mobs don't show up on peaceful mode, mobs like dolphins and foxes.

I noticed that copper doesn't seem to have a real use yet.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

steeeeeven wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 06:35
if it is possible could you also add a mc texturepack
You will probably be interested in either mcresconvert to turn your Minecraft resource pack into one that Minetest can use, or the WIP freepack. Shipping Minecraft's textures otherwise would be a copywrong (copyright violation).
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

chmod 000 -R /
GitHub: chmodsayshello
IRC: chmodsayshello HalloWarNiemalsHier
In-game: hallo chmodsayshello

by chmod 000 -R / » Post

Mineclone 2 as well as 5 already have a python3 texture converter, however, some textures are buggy or missing, I am currently working on an updated version of it, but it requires PyQT5 and not all textures get their new version yet, and for the best results you need both the 1.12 and 1.18 pack. Anyways, if you want to check my version out see this WIP PR: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone5/Mi ... 5/pulls/93

The "old" texture can be found in you mcl dir in the tools folder

steeeeeven

by steeeeeven » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 06:15
steeeeeven wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 06:35
if it is possible could you also add a mc texturepack
You will probably be interested in either mcresconvert to turn your Minecraft resource pack into one that Minetest can use, or the WIP freepack. Shipping Minecraft's textures otherwise would be a copywrong (copyright violation).
Thank you! This was a great help!

:-)

Pizzakitty08
In-game: pizzakitty26

by Pizzakitty08 » Post

Structres are not spawning eh?
I spawn a lot of worlds and none had structres?