[Game] MineClone 5

Mr. Rar
GitHub: MrRar
In-game: MrRar

Re: [Game] MineClone 5

by Mr. Rar » Post

Komodo wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 18:42
I noticed MineClone 5 is not listed on ContentDB anymore, whats the word with this? I saw on an alternative forum that MC5 is abandoned.
The take down is news to me. I don't see any statement about the reason for the take down. I guess it is because it does not support 5.6? Is supporting the latest version a rule for CDB?

Development of MCL5 has ceased and the principal maintainer kay27 has been inactive for months.

In my opinion the current goals of MCL2 and MCL5 are too similar to warrant having two versions.
"Only in Christ do we find real love, and the fullness of life. And so I invite you today to look to Christ." - St. John Paul II

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

Mr. Rar wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 20:33
Komodo wrote:
-snip-
The take down is news to me. I don't see any statement about the reason for the take down. I guess it is because it does not support 5.6? Is supporting the latest version a rule for CDB?

-snip-
taken down for yet another license violation(maintainers should see delisting/reason listed in the audit log available to them). to my knowledge, the only version culling done on cdb to date was to delist a few packages that where 0.4.x only.
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

It says it has problems with other licenses. But i have no time for mineclone5-stuff, sorry.

Pizzakitty08
In-game: pizzakitty26

by Pizzakitty08 » Post

No way! I love mine clone 5!
that's really sad 😔
Do you think the og designer would give it to the community?

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

You can do things until kay27 is back. I am also really sorry that i can't lead the project i must lesser do to do other stuff. It was also randomly i came in to mineclone 5.

PrairieWind
GitHub: PrairieAstronomer
IRC: PrairieWind
In-game: PrairieWind

by PrairieWind » Post

Komodo wrote:
I noticed MineClone 5 is not listed on ContentDB anymore, whats the word with this? I saw on an alternative forum that MC5 is abandoned.
Listing is related to copyrighted music. As for being abandoned, it's mostly dead, but still has an occasional merged pull request.

corasTenthTry
GitHub: corarona
IRC: cora
In-game: cora

by corasTenthTry » Post

Yes a track in the mcl music discs had copyright issues. I've fixed it in mcl5 a while back; it's available in contentdb again: https://content.minetest.net/packages/kay27/mineclone5/

Tuxilio
In-game: gamer777 tuxilio

by Tuxilio » Post

Hello!

can I help? I could create a video and upload it here.

Tuxilio

silverfang789

by silverfang789 » Post

Hi. This is a very fun game so far.

I'm trying to craft a furnace. However, I've run into a problem in that, apparently cobblestone isn't enough to craft a furnace and I need blackstone, which can either be found in the Nether, or be crafted from basalt, which is found deep underground.

Why is something as fundamental to this game as a furnace suddenly so much harder to come by?

I tried using the command /giveme furnace, but it says it's an unknown item.

carid

by carid » Post

Try MineClone 2, no activity here.

PrairieWind

by PrairieWind » Post

silverfang789 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 23:18
Hi. This is a very fun game so far.

I'm trying to craft a furnace. However, I've run into a problem in that, apparently cobblestone isn't enough to craft a furnace and I need blackstone, which can either be found in the Nether, or be crafted from basalt, which is found deep underground.

Why is something as fundamental to this game as a furnace suddenly so much harder to come by?

I tried using the command /giveme furnace, but it says it's an unknown item.
I tried it on the current master branch of the game and on minetest 5.6.1, and the furnace is craftable with cobble...maybe try reinstalling the game? Even the code suggests that it should work, so I would have no idea whats up...again, maybe try reinstalling the game.

Also, its

Code: Select all

/giveme mcl_furnaces:furnace

Chrysolite Azalea
GitHub: ChrysoliteAzalea

by Chrysolite Azalea » Post

I'd like to ask, can zombie pigman/piglins (don't know how they are called here) be spawned by a Nether portal? Because I've encountered two of them in my Nether outpost (one in the Nether side of it and another one in the Overworld side) despite always closing the door on the Nether side.
cdb_JQUaRqvA1Vho

carid

by carid » Post

in mc2 i have 2 fence gates in the overworld and no piglin has crossed

Chrysolite Azalea
GitHub: ChrysoliteAzalea

by Chrysolite Azalea » Post

I also wonder, do mushroom island prevent enemy mobs spawn like they do in the other game? Because I have found a mushroom island, but there are still skeletons and zombies at night.
cdb_JQUaRqvA1Vho

Hello_death
GitHub: Hello-death
IRC: Hello-death
In-game: riptiderazor

by Hello_death » Post

Chrysolite Azalea wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:48
I also wonder, do mushroom island prevent enemy mobs spawn like they do in the other game? Because I have found a mushroom island, but there are still skeletons and zombies at night.
Even in minecraft mushroom islands spawn with skeletons and spawn skeletons. Zombies shouldn't be there though. Did you by chance see the zombie anywhere near a cave and/or the sea or another biome?
PLease fix mcl5 tridents :,,(

PrairieWind

by PrairieWind » Post

Chrysolite Azalea wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 16:35
I'd like to ask, can zombie pigman/piglins (don't know how they are called here) be spawned by a Nether portal? Because I've encountered two of them in my Nether outpost (one in the Nether side of it and another one in the Overworld side) despite always closing the door on the Nether side.
They zombified piglins do spawn next to portals. But they can travel through the portals between dimensions because they spawn near the portals. This usually results in like 20+ zombified piglins being in the nether when I go through the portal.

TEalk
GitHub: Tealk
In-game: Tealk

by TEalk » Post

TEalk wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 21:02
Thank you both.
But I would not like to sleep 5-6 days in a row -.-
I have now built a script that executes the command every x minutes, otherwise it just rains on the server and it is not playable
/weather clear

Tuxilio
In-game: gamer777 tuxilio

by Tuxilio » Post

Hi,

I saw that the last release was 5 months ago. I don't think we should wait until kay27 is back to release it. Maybe someone can fork it and when kay27 is back here he will be the leader of the project again. What do you think about that?

Thanks,
Tuxilio

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

Good idea, but i have not the time for this project.

ancientmariner
In-game: ancientmariner

by ancientmariner » Post

Tuxilio wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 07:34
Hi,

I saw that the last release was 5 months ago. I don't think we should wait until kay27 is back to release it. Maybe someone can fork it and when kay27 is back here he will be the leader of the project again. What do you think about that?

Thanks,
Tuxilio
The question is whether we need a MineClone5 any more. It was originally created because of infrequent releases and the fact that newer content wasn't going in MineClone2. Both of those reasons aren't really valid any more. MineClone2 seems the way to go, and we look to migrate across anything missing from mcl5. Running a separate project and all the overhead when it doesn't justify the effort to do it

I may be a little biased of course, so take what I say with a pinch of salt. I guess it will be Kay's decision when they return.

Any issues faced when migrating to mcl2, can be addressed if I am aware of them. I already fixed one migration issue for villages that was crashing.

PrairieWind

by PrairieWind » Post

I have considered reviving MCL5, but I do not have enough time to do so. Maybe someday....

ROllerozxa
GitHub: ROllerozxa
IRC: ROllerozxa
In-game: ROllerozxa

by ROllerozxa » Post

Hasn't everything from MineClone 5 been merged into MineClone 2 now? Either way, if it is being revived in any way the name needs to be changed to something that doesn't cause the same amount of confusion between the two.

mine_eru

by mine_eru » Post

In my personal opinion -> MineClone 2 and 5 should be reorganized. 5 As "beta", 2 As "stable" version.
my english may be bad ;)

PrairieWind

by PrairieWind » Post

mine_eru wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 18:50
In my personal opinion -> MineClone 2 and 5 should be reorganized. 5 As "beta", 2 As "stable" version.
MineClone 5 is technically dead, so not necessary, but if something happens, we will consider it.

kay27
GitHub: kay27

by kay27 » Post

PrairieWind wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 16:34
MineClone 5 is technically dead, so not necessary, but if something happens, we will consider it.
Well, I don't think so. MCL5 uses non-blocking and fast mapgen which MCL2 declined to switch to.