IRC: chmodsayshello HalloWarNiemalsHier
In-game: hallo chmodsayshello

Re: [Game] MineClone 5.1.5

by chmod 000 -R / » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 15:01
chmod 000 -R / wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 20:35
@kay27 I have a question: For my WIP pull request that messes with the texture converter, i am currently creating a GUI for it in python (see screenshot), however, it uses pyqt, wich is defently not a module everyone has installed on their systems, so would be be a good idea to also provide precompiled versions (there are tools that convert python code to linux and windows executables) in addition to the py file?

My idea behind this was that really anyone should be able to convert mc to mcl texture packs
In this case since there's already a working command line version, most power users won't mind using it. Anyone who wants to run the GUI from the source code repository is mostly an exception and is probably more interested in how the GUI works than actually converting the textures. So to cater to the audience who can't/won't use the command line, make it as easy as possible. Build the application into a standalone one, either portable or installable doesn't matter too much, as long as you build it for Windows, Linux and MacOS.

Thankfully there is a lot of advice out there about how to deploy PyQt. Deployment meaning the ways that you make the software available for use. You might find some good advice here: Deploying PyQt Applications and also search online for Deploying PyQt for other opinions.
I already have a working version of my GUI converter, and uploaded its code to my mineclone5 fork (https://git.minetest.land/chmodsayshell ... /gui_tp.py).
I also have executables for Linux and Windows, however, not for Mac, because i have no system to compile/test it on.

However, kay27 just said what the problem is, when someone downloads a zip that contains executables for different systems, an antivirus or maybe even some broswer might say it is a virus.
Anyways, i still have to complete Conversion_Table_118.csv before i can remove the WIP tag from my Pull Request, giving me time to think about an way to solve this,

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: [Game] MineClone 5.1.5

by Blockhead » Post

chmod 000 -R / wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 19:56
however, not for Mac, because i have no system to compile/test it on.
If you're running Linux, I highly recommend OSX-KVM, it helped me in the same situation of needing a macOS environment. It runs pretty slow and the keyboard controls aren't quite right but I figure it's a lot better than buying Apple hardware.
chmod 000 -R / wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 19:56
However, kay27 just said what the problem is, when someone downloads a zip that contains executables for different systems, an antivirus or maybe even some broswer might say it is a virus.
There's not much you can really do in this case. There are a lot of dodgy antivirus programs that are overcautious. Your PyQt program should hopefully not flag too many warnings because it's not a virus and won't use virus techniques or have virus code signatures. Also newer versions of Windows/macOS want digital signatures in the executable or they are more likely to warn you before running it. You can investigate signing your executables if possible and that's about it, past that it's out of your hands.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

kay27
GitHub: kay27

Re: [Game] MineClone 5.1.6

by kay27 » Post

MineClone 5.1.6 Compatibility Fix released!

- Various fixed made for Growing Amethyst
- Added Barrels by AFCMS
- Major changes done to item physics by Gustavo Ramos Rehermann
- Added crossbows to the Unbreakable enchantment's target item list by Gustavo Ramos Rehermann
- Fixed yet another rare crash with mobs and boats
- Fixed Nether Wart growth for real (added mcl_time api)
- Mob water damage restored
- Compatibility layer updated. MineClone 5 can work under 5.4 again but with limited/slightly distorted features for now.
Attachments
img16.png
img16.png (177.91 KiB) Viewed 6244 times

gustavo1

by gustavo1 » Post

can anyone tell me how to paint on banners? in the game itself it isn't mentioned

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

Hi, is there a script for converting the default Minecraft resourcepack to a MineClone 5 texture pack?
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

kay27

MineClone 5.1.7 released!

by kay27 » Post

• Added ruined portals (currently only for Overworld)
  • Added composters by kabou
  • MineClone 5 can resist crashing script by discordtehe
  • Russian translation updated by U.N.Owen
  • French translation updated by 3raven
  • Chinese translation updated by 1798643961
  • Villages rewritten entirely to work faster
  • Gamemode chat command affects fly and noclip privileges
  • Fixed maps, currently works without fixed grid, will be fixed in next releases
  • For maps, TGA format replaced by PNG (please convert tga files on your server to png, to make old maps work again)
  • Added crying obsidian
  • Added dummy bell and golden pressure plate
  • Sweet berries texture matched by rudzik8
  • Fixed carrot on stick texture issue by Mikitko Wiśniewski
  • Fixed pistons stuck in protected areas
  • Fixed hudbar crash on /gamemode survival when running game originally in creative
  • Fixed C stack overflow on huge Nether portal destruction without Luajit
  • Some internal refactoring has been done by nikolaus-albinger
  • Chunk size added into minetest.conf and decreased from 5 to 4 to make engine mapgen work faster and be more MC-like (doesn't affect extisting worlds)
  • Added Time API (mcl_time) to provide unified support of growing plants (working furnaces, etc) in inactive areas
  • Mapgen API (mcl_mapgen) updated
Attachments
img17.png
img17.png (241.09 KiB) Viewed 5707 times

erlehmann
GitHub: erlehmann
IRC: erlehmann

Re: MineClone 5.1.7 released!

by erlehmann » Post

kay27 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 02:58
  • […]
  • Fixed maps, currently works without fixed grid, will be fixed in next releases
  • For maps, TGA format replaced by PNG (please convert tga files on your server to png, to make old maps work again)
    […]
I have mentioned this in our past discussions already, but just so that users who install it are aware …
These changes to MineClone5 mcl_maps break every single map in every MineClone5 installation.
It would have been very little work to not do that – e.g. either doing nothing or automatic format conversion.
Your disregard for map art shows a lack of respect for users works – who have been making maps for a long time.
Making map art takes a lot of work … and you ruined it, not only on your server – on all servers! In singleplayer too …

That you centered maps even after people warned you against it, shows that you rarely use any maps in item frames,
since you made it almost impossible to make map walls with item frames by removing the grid alignment you disliked.

And the difference you created on how to do the underground mapping means you do not care for staircase technique:
https://www.minecraftaddicts.com/showth ... _o?p=75640

Users might be able to fix this by copying over mcl_maps from MineClone2 git repository. (I have not tested that.)

Signed, someone who has done way more work on mcl_maps improvements in the last few months than you have, probably.
Last edited by erlehmann on Tue Mar 01, 2022 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
cdb_b9da8bbc6338

erlehmann

Re: MineClone 5.1.7 released!

by erlehmann » Post

Also I remember that about everyone except kay27 thought that mcl_maps did not need any “fixing”.
cdb_b9da8bbc6338

erlehmann

by erlehmann » Post

gustavo1 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:36
can anyone tell me how to paint on banners? in the game itself it isn't mentioned
Put banner and dye in crafting table, you should see a preview banner in the output slot.

That is how it is in MineClone2 and Mineclonia, so I guess it is the same in MineClone5.
cdb_b9da8bbc6338

kay27

Re: [Game] MineClone 5.1.7

by kay27 » Post

Maps still work fine. The only reason why they didn't work on our servers was optipng - I forget to restore file permissions after that. The only thing we need to do is converting all tga into png, bash script is here:

https://git.minetest.land/MineClone5/Mi ... o_png.bash

kay27

MineClone 5.1.8 "A Big Update" released

by kay27 » Post

105 files changes, 159 commits added - it's...

A Big Update!
  • Nether stuff update by 3raven:
    • The possibility to pot nether roots and fungi (changes in mcl_flowerpot)
    • Fix broken crimson fungus texture (changes mcl_mushroom)
    • Add nether wood doors and trapdoors (created mclx_doors)
    • Add nether wood fences and fences gates (changes in mclx_fences)
    • Keep existing translations (now incompletes) and complete the French one
  • Smokers and Blast Furnaces added and modified by PrairieWind and j45
  • Moss and Moss Carpets added by debiankaios
  • mcl_anticheat updated to be slightly an antifreeze (it can kick or sometimes ban some idle players connected tens times from single IP address)
  • Added mcl_info to show your current biome and position at left bottom corner, it can be set up by /debug chat command
  • Removed mcl_bubble_column mod by j45, a replacement added into mcl_playerplus
  • Fixed classic superflat mapgen mode
  • Fixed several rare crashes
  • Menu music added (horizonchris96 — 02_what_we_ll_build_next)
  • mcl_credits updated and can be updated at any time by running the following bash command in mod folder:

Code: Select all

# git log --pretty="%an" | sort | uniq >CONTRUBUTOR_LIST.txt
Attachments
img518.png
img518.png (228.38 KiB) Viewed 5196 times

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

Re: [Game] MineClone 5.1.8

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Fortress in the Nether?
Warts available on soulsand?
Can we kill Ghasts more easily?
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

kay27

Re: [Game] MineClone 5

by kay27 » Post

Well. I want the fortress too. We have to add 5 Nether biomes, tune up the mapgen and spawn them. Gustavo6046 suggested dispersion algorithm, opain-replica provided the schematics, current mapgen is pretty stable and has an API to spawn whatever we want. I waited for merging PR 1976 into MCL2 to make fortresses in a way compatible with MCL2 too. Maybe I want too much and better just do it for MCL5 without looking back...

Warts are fine, ghasts I should check

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

kay27 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 15:12
Well. I want the fortress too. We have to add 5 Nether biomes, tune up the mapgen and spawn them. Gustavo6046 suggested dispersion algorithm, opain-replica provided the schematics, current mapgen is pretty stable and has an API to spawn whatever we want. I waited for merging PR 1976 into MCL2 to make fortresses in a way compatible with MCL2 too. Maybe I want too much and better just do it for MCL5 without looking back...

Warts are fine, ghasts I should check
*thumb up* Noted and thanks for the warts. :D
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

kay27

MineClone 5.1.9 released

by kay27 » Post

• Limit redstone distance by checking for players by cora
  • mcl_anticheat started banning DoS attackers
  • Switch whirlpools/bubble columns directly, not through the water sources, on bottom block change
  • More accurate bubble columns and whirlpools
  • Lava kills mobs
  • Foxes follow sweet berries
  • Silverfishes attack
  • Zombipigs spawn in portal frames
  • Mob spawn chance supported (1000 = average, 1 = rare, 100000 = very high chance)
  • Mob spawn uses Perlin noise not to be a mixed zoo
  • Removed warnings in mcl_chests
  • Fixed anciend debris replacement on mapgen
  • Fix crash in mcl_bows/rocket.lua
  • Contributing guidelines updated a little
  • First forum topic post updated - version numbers removed from there, so now anyone can release MCL5 entirely for real
Attachments
img19.png
img19.png (325.83 KiB) Viewed 4884 times

gamer777
In-game: gamer777

Can I help you?

by gamer777 » Post

Hi,
I'm new here and I like Minetest with MineClone 5. Can I help you? I can write a documentation about MineClone 5 for new players in the Minetest wiki (with crafting, building, getting started).

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Hi! Minetest wiki is a Minetest task, not MCL5. I document some stuff in MCL5 wiki time to time. So you can fork MCL5, enable the wiki in forked repo settings and try.

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

Because a down of gitea we can't release no update tomorrow :(. That means the april fool isn't comming :(. If gitea isn't up before 16:00 utc we can't relese because there isn't enough time to review mineclone5. A mod with the april fool also use nothing because the april fool isn't more an easter egg. But maybe we can release april fool on eastersunday instead because it is a easteregg XD

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

Sorry seems not anymore that the easteregg come in april :(

PapaPalpatine

by PapaPalpatine » Post

How do you plant berry bushes? I tried left-clicking on the ground, but it's not working.

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

PapaPalpatine wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 02:08
How do you plant berry bushes? I tried left-clicking on the ground, but it's not working.
I reported: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone5/Mi ... issues/283

naaktsmurf

by naaktsmurf » Post

hi
my server's console is spammed with messages like these
2022-04-08 14:56:49: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 202ms (processed 284 of 485 active blocks)
more of them when more players are online
anything i can do other than better specs?

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

naaktsmurf wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 15:14
hi
my server's console is spammed with messages like these
2022-04-08 14:56:49: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 202ms (processed 284 of 485 active blocks)
more of them when more players are online
anything i can do other than better specs?
I think there you must ask the mt-devs because i get the same messages and don't know how to disable.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

debiankaios wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 19:50
naaktsmurf wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 15:14
I think there you must ask the mt-devs because i get the same messages and don't know how to disable.
That mean, the timeframe default built in/set to handle needed ABM (active block management) is more then devs gave for working out:
as 200ms ... but your server, as of CPU, Memory, mods and more gamer
is not able to get all wanted work ready in time given

I guess lag raise also ...

a possible solution : in minetest.conf of this world add ... and raise time to work it

#this raise time given to abm from 200ms to 650ms in the 1s / 1000ms between repeat
abm_time_budget = 0.65

or lower the abm needed by:

# active_block_range = 4
active_block_range = 3

as also lower
# active_object_send_range_blocks = 3
# max_block_send_distance = 10
and maybe some others

if you activate /profiler and extract a report after 2 days server run, you can even see WHAT mods are so busy with abm need, and can also use mod config to reduce, or tuning as I did
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

Thankyou for help!