[Game Prototype] Shengwu Nine

Dokimi
GitHub: DokimiCU

[Game Prototype] Shengwu Nine

by Dokimi » Post

Gameplay
Explore an alien world inhabited by a selfreplicating alien superorganism. It's alive!

Life has been detected on planet Shengwu Nine - humanity's first discovery of extraterrestrial life. You are the first human scientist sent across the lightyears of space to Shengwu Nine. What will you discover?

This game is unfinished, there's not much to do currently. Play in creative mode and watch the superorganism grow. Use the tools to investigate and manipulate growth.

Find dormant bots (black), wait for them to wake up (red), watch it grow. It will take several hours to get big. Eventually it can become very impressive.

(Try leaving it running in the background for a few hours - have patience!)

Development
Shengwu Nine is an early Alpha prototype, therefore expect bugs, missing features, performance issues.

I am not planning to develop this further.

The core of the game is Ecobots2, content I made a few years ago and haven't touched since. Ecobots2 was itself already halfway to being a game, and I thought of making it into one at the time.

I have made Shengwu Nine to fix some compatibility issues, and rid Ecobots2 of dependence on Minetest default. Now it is a proper foundation for making a cool sci-fi game.

See Docs > Game_design_idea for what this might look like as a finished game.

Do you like evolutionary algorithms, cellular automata, etc? Do you want to make a game based on such things? I am happy for you to develop Shengwu Nine further if you want (It's just not a priority for me right now!)

The super-organism after several hours of growth.

Download: https://github.com/DokimiCU/shengwu_nin ... master.zip
Github: https://github.com/DokimiCU/shengwu_nine

Dormant bots. Find these at the start and wait for them to wake up. Growth is very slow.
Attachments
sw9_3.png
sw9_3.png (387.62 KiB) Viewed 674 times
sw9_2.png
sw9_2.png (966.56 KiB) Viewed 674 times
sw9_1.png
sw9_1.png (282.95 KiB) Viewed 674 times