[Game] SURVIVETEST (WIP)

Awkanimus
GitHub: Awkanimus
In-game: Awkanimus

Re: [Game] SURVIVETEST (WIP)

by Awkanimus » Post

W3RQ01 wrote: โ†‘
Thu Nov 24, 2022 06:07
I'm happy that you like my mod. I am currently splitting it into a modpack and this change might break it.... I need to find a way to replace the old items with the new ones :|
Based on what little I've read, minetest.register_alias_force may be what you're looking for: https://minetest.gitlab.io/minetest/aliases/

I've never used it, but I did come across it for future use.

duckgo
In-game: duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Hello everyone, first of all a happy new year with many achievements for everyone.
I intend to release the survivetest version 0.7 tomorrow or the day after tomorrow if you don't have any problems, here is a test version for those who want to try ...

https://ann.nl.tab.digital/s/RcXJAdw2YsLScFT

:)
๐ŸŽฎ Nice Texture ๐ŸŽฎ Mods ๐ŸŽฎ youtube channel ๐ŸŽฎ

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

It has been a few weeks of trying to learn and create new things to add in this version, trying to keep it as simple as possible ...There is still a lot I wanted to add, but for now I think it is cool and I hope you like it !!!

- SIMPLE CAVE DECORATIONS

- NEW BLOCKS
* Marble
* Limestone
* Slate
* Darck Stone
* Moss

- NEW ITEMS
* Urns
* Wifi Chest
* Shared Chest
* Runes
* Amulets (Speed, Gravity, Fire, Jump)

- NEW ANIMALS
* Bear ( drop nothing )
* Duck ( drop : feathers )

- NEW BOSS :
* Mother Spider ( drop : trophies , diamond block or rune )

- FIXED :
* Fertilizer texture , brown
* Potato can now be cooked again
* Dogs , did not attack monsters

- CHANGES :
* Fish , small change in spawning
* Stamina , you can now run a little faster
* Trader , now you can drop " Arrow
* Trader , now you can sell "Rockets and Arrow
* Some animals are now more companionable and useful in combat:
Dogs and Bats, as well as ducks, are now registered as
as npcs, so they can now follow the owner and help in combat ...
* Dogs now have 45 life, and bats 30 life ...

- ADDED :
* Textures for Monster eggs

- UPDATED MODS :
* Mobs
* Bonemeal
* Backed clay
* 3D Armor

Have fun !

TomasCollins

by TomasCollins » Post

looks awesome, i'm a huge fan of online games,I used to play at https://izigames.net/ before, but with this game i'm a whole newbie, i find it very difficult to play, is there any easier way to understand?
Last edited by TomasCollins on Fri Jan 06, 2023 13:15, edited 1 time in total.

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

TomasCollins wrote: โ†‘
Wed Jan 04, 2023 07:49
looks awesome, i'm a huge fan of online games, but with this game i'm a whole newbie, i find it very difficult to play, is there any easier way to understand?
Hello, first of all thank you very much, and yes there is a post I made on the blog, showing the basics of the game, unfortunately it is in Portuguese, but if it is not a problem, you can use a translator ..

https://survivetest.blogspot.com/p/como-jogar.html

There are also some videos on the channel showing some things, some are missing that I will make soon :
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9wO ... 0IZqeBCF5l

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

I made a simple Survivetest " Wiki " , I believe it can be very useful especially for new players... Little by little I'm adding more information ! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

https://www.wikiful.com/@survivetest/survivetest

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

" Version has focus on some details that needed to improve..."

- Composter , change in " nodebox "
- Barrel , change in " nodebox "
- Animals and NPC, with the same amount of maximum and minimum life
- It is now possible to make wool block with 4 strings
- Trader, now trade obsidian
- New textures for animal mob eggs
- "Animal Mobs", new models and textures, closer to "simple animals":
* cow
* warthog
* chicken
* bee
* sheep
* rat
* bunny
* kitten
* panda
* penguin

- Ducks, model and texture redone because the previous one was bigger than the chickens
- Ducks, must not drop chicken meat
- Reduced speed of ducks, dogs and bats
- Bear with attack animation
- Nerf on amulets (Speed, gravity and jump)
- Binoculars, added again but doesn't appear in creative mode, reason, some mods depends on this mod...

" One more version and I hope you like it..."

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Some changes and simple things for version 0.7.3 "

- Fixed height of sheep collision block

CHANGES :

- Now you get 6 bridges, not just one in the recipe output
- Pine tree textures, and reduced leaf saturation
- Textures of pine doors and drawers

UPDATED:

- Comboblock
- Mob redo

ADDED :

- Added "3D Armor Flyswim" mod
- Skin for " Stone Monster " when spawning on " moss " blocks
- "Stone Monster Darck", spawns at -599, in stone darck blocks
- If the mod " Ethereal " is installed , the mob " Dirt Monster " , spawns with a new skin with mushroom in the head ..
- Sound of "Pingando Water" in the caves, more sounds coming soon

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

I haven't really played this in a while, but yesterday I took a peek.
Two minor nitpicks:
Why is there a gap here?
screenshot_20230128_185528.png
screenshot_20230128_185528.png (83.55 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
And on the limestone blocks the top and left edge look wrong to me, since they look more like a grey discoloration rather then a brighter surface.
screenshot_20230128_185842.png
screenshot_20230128_185842.png (442.51 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
+ a few other things. But like I said they are all extremely minor.

I like what you did with the cave update. It does a lot to make the underground feel more interesting and the new building materials are welcome.

And lastly, have you had any thoughts about long distance travel?
One issue I kind of have with getting back to playing this is that there is now a lot of new mapgen stuff and to access it I would have to spend a lot of time traveling back and forth or leave the area in which I have set up so far.
Or, as is always the alternative, find my own solution, be it adapting an existing mod or writing my own. And there is nothing wrong with that, if it's the only way.
Just wondering whether you intend to make a way for fast/distant travel part of the core game or leave it up to the players.

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Skamiz Kazzarch wrote: โ†‘
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:50
I haven't really played this in a while, but yesterday I took a peek.
Two minor nitpicks:
Why is there a gap here?
screenshot_20230128_185528.png
And on the limestone blocks the top and left edge look wrong to me, since they look more like a grey discoloration rather then a brighter surface.
screenshot_20230128_185842.png
+ a few other things. But like I said they are all extremely minor.

I like what you did with the cave update. It does a lot to make the underground feel more interesting and the new building materials are welcome.

And lastly, have you had any thoughts about long distance travel?
One issue I kind of have with getting back to playing this is that there is now a lot of new mapgen stuff and to access it I would have to spend a lot of time traveling back and forth or leave the area in which I have set up so far.
Or, as is always the alternative, find my own solution, be it adapting an existing mod or writing my own. And there is nothing wrong with that, if it's the only way.
Just wondering whether you intend to make a way for fast/distant travel part of the core game or leave it up to the players.
Thank you for letting me know, these are really important details that I will correct right now..
About long trips, I don't know what it would be and what alternative would be good for that.. you mean something like teleportation? , this things? .. I usually do a compass and put the position of my house and then I do a glider with rockets and I do everything very quickly like this, as an alternative to the glider damage, the moss block reduces 30% of the fall damage being useful for So, I even posted this tip on mastodon, and I keep posting others.. but suggestions are always welcome :)

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

- Bridges Nodebox , as much as you can .. Thanks " Skamiz Kazzarch "..
- Texture of Limestones, the glow was greyish.. Thanks "Skamiz Kazzarch" ..
- Replaced "non-free" sounds from the "Fishing" mod..

Skamiz Kazzarch

*checks out new update* lol, still a gap
screenshot_20230130_211718.png
screenshot_20230130_211718.png (232.14 KiB) Viewed 2402 times
Personally I like to work in sixteenths when doing nodeboxes. In the case of the bridge it would look like this:

Code: Select all

fixed = {
    {-6/16, 2/16, -8/16, -2/16, 5/16, 8/16},
    { 2/16, 2/16, -8/16,  6/16, 5/16, 8/16},
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    {-8/16, 5/16, -6/16,  8/16, 8/16, 0/16},
    {-8/16, 5/16,  2/16,  8/16, 8/16, 8/16},
},
This way each sixteenth corresponds to 1 pixel on a 16x16 texture, which I personally like and it makes it easier for me to mentally keep track of what shape I am trying to make. Though I noticed that some offset from being pixel aligned seemed quite deliberate, rather then a result of lacking number precision, so it's really up to you what you do with this.

Anyway. I didn't even know that there were rockets with which one can fly over long distances. Honestly, after the first disastrous attempts in which the glider killed me while I was standing still on flat ground I just put it away and haven't touched it since, so this is a cool discovery for me.

Thoughts on teleporters to follow at a later date, since I don't have much more time today.

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Mon Jan 30, 2023 20:44
*checks out new update* lol, still a gap
screenshot_20230130_211718.png

Personally I like to work in sixteenths when doing nodeboxes. In the case of the bridge it would look like this:

Code: Select all

fixed = {
    {-6/16, 2/16, -8/16, -2/16, 5/16, 8/16},
    { 2/16, 2/16, -8/16,  6/16, 5/16, 8/16},
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    {-8/16, 5/16, -6/16,  8/16, 8/16, 0/16},
    {-8/16, 5/16,  2/16,  8/16, 8/16, 8/16},
},
This way each sixteenth corresponds to 1 pixel on a 16x16 texture, which I personally like and it makes it easier for me to mentally keep track of what shape I am trying to make. Though I noticed that some offset from being pixel aligned seemed quite deliberate, rather then a result of lacking number precision, so it's really up to you what you do with this.

Anyway. I didn't even know that there were rockets with which one can fly over long distances. Honestly, after the first disastrous attempts in which the glider killed me while I was standing still on flat ground I just put it away and haven't touched it since, so this is a cool discovery for me.

Thoughts on teleporters to follow at a later date, since I don't have much more time today.
this stair space still exists because of the texture, when I put it 100% close, for example, the top wood color appears in the bottom one, I left it that way exactly because of the texture..
And like I said, moss blocks are useful to reduce damage from falls, they can help when landing with gliders!!
I added your configuration in the bridges, thanks :)

Komodo
GitHub: MeseCraft
In-game: Komodo

by Komodo » Post

FYI, This was made from MeseCraft's base, which is also worth a look if you like Survival games.
๐ŸŒŽ Website | ๐ŸŒฒ MeseCraft Game | ๐Ÿ“ฐ News | ๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ ContentDB

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Komodo wrote: โ†‘
Thu Feb 02, 2023 15:51
FYI, This was made from MeseCraft's base, which is also worth a look if you like Survival games.
Was this configuration made from mesecraft? ๐Ÿค”
I didn't know, I can remove it if it's a problem ๐Ÿ˜…
survivetest is not a game, nor do I consider it a subgame, it is a modpack based on the minetest game, created to create some content, and shared because some colleagues asked me to.. Mesecraft yes, it is a project maintained by good programmers, which has focus, and who know how to do things, so they are different, maybe mesecraft is more reliable because whoever is behind it has more knowledge... I'm not a programmer :)

Komodo
GitHub: MeseCraft
In-game: Komodo

by Komodo » Post

It seemes like it. Has the dir structure I setup and many of original mod selections.

It's not a problem at all. Keep going! I just wanted people to know what MeseCraft is worthy of a look too since Survivetest seems to have used it as a base to modify from.

Good luck have fun!
๐ŸŒŽ Website | ๐ŸŒฒ MeseCraft Game | ๐Ÿ“ฐ News | ๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ ContentDB

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Komodo wrote: โ†‘
Fri Feb 03, 2023 16:21
It seemes like it. Has the dir structure I setup and many of original mod selections.

It's not a problem at all. Keep going! I just wanted people to know what MeseCraft is worthy of a look too since Survivetest seems to have used it as a base to modify from.

Good luck have fun!
If you're talking about the organization of the folders, in fact I had mineclone2 as a reference, and the modpack was created before mesecraft was posted on the contentdb, I didn't know, the modpack was called "minetest adventure", later it changed to "minetesgo" ,and only last year I switched to survivetest and shared .. About mods, unfortunately we don't have as many options as minecraft . so it's to be expected that most modpacks and subgames will have similar mod selections, eg "WhyNot?" which was the subgame that made me keep playing minetest.. All subgames and mod creators deserve highlights, visit the survivetest mastodon and you will see me sharing mineclone2 and repixture there ...
I even have video playing minetestgo : U.U
https://youtu.be/4CVDIaUfLKU

Skamiz Kazzarch

Reporting in with more stuff.
1) Darkstone node name has a typo. It's written as "darckstone" instead of "darkstone".
2) Dark cobble slab and stairs use the wrong texture.
3) The bottom of the large stone bricks has this brighter strip on the edge. I realize that it looks better this way when the node stands by itself, but on larger surfaces it results into these long, eye grabbing lines.
4) A request. Please make the lime stone variants more distinct. When the stone, stoneblock, stonebricks, and cobble are all based on the same texture, they tend to blend into each other. This makes it harder to build with them, because if I want to add some contrast, I have to add a completely different node to the mix.
With the other kinds of stone I can just mix in their variants for some contrast.
screenshot_20230205_201052.png
screenshot_20230205_201052.png (82.46 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
5) The cave grasses and the cave hanger aren't buildable to, which is inconsistent with other plantlike nodes. And besides tallgrass they also need their selection boxes adjusted, because those are currently too large.

In other news. I have been messing around in creative lately. :D
screenshot_20230205_202120.png
screenshot_20230205_202120.png (376.97 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
Edit:
6) The 'newhand' mod breaks creative a little bit. As soon as you take any item in your hand your reach is decreased to it's original value, instead of 10 nodes as it should be.

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

:(

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Sun Feb 05, 2023 19:31
Reporting in with more stuff.
1) Darkstone node name has a typo. It's written as "darckstone" instead of "darkstone".
2) Dark cobble slab and stairs use the wrong texture.
3) The bottom of the large stone bricks has this brighter strip on the edge. I realize that it looks better this way when the node stands by itself, but on larger surfaces it results into these long, eye grabbing lines.
4) A request. Please make the lime stone variants more distinct. When the stone, stoneblock, stonebricks, and cobble are all based on the same texture, they tend to blend into each other. This makes it harder to build with them, because if I want to add some contrast, I have to add a completely different node to the mix.
With the other kinds of stone I can just mix in their variants for some contrast.
screenshot_20230205_201052.png
5) The cave grasses and the cave hanger aren't buildable to, which is inconsistent with other plantlike nodes. And besides tallgrass they also need their selection boxes adjusted, because those are currently too large.

In other news. I have been messing around in creative lately. :D
screenshot_20230205_202120.png

Edit:
6) The 'newhand' mod breaks creative a little bit. As soon as you take any item in your hand your reach is decreased to it's original value, instead of 10 nodes as it should be.
I'm going to take a look at all of this... to be honest, I'm disheartened.
Minetest doesn't have so many options to add to survivetest and make it different, I'm not a programmer to create exclusive things and not be accused of copying others, I'm sad man
I don't know his future, maybe I'll stop, and stop playing minetest too.

Skamiz Kazzarch

You do have an exclusive feature though.
Your entire game uses a good looking, consistent texture style. Very few others have that. Mineclone only managed it by using a Minecraft texture pack, and most other who manage it are just small game jam games.

Don't mind what Komodo said, he is just jumping to conclusions and self-advertising.

And if you are still feeling down, it might help to just take a break. I know I myself sometimes get tired of it and just.. stop interacting with anything Minetest related for a few months. There is nothing stopping you from just coming back half a year later. It's not like Minetest is going to go anywhere.

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Tue Feb 07, 2023 17:58
You do have an exclusive feature though.
Your entire game uses a good looking, consistent texture style. Very few others have that. Mineclone only managed it by using a Minecraft texture pack, and most other who manage it are just small game jam games.

Don't mind what Komodo said, he is just jumping to conclusions and self-advertising.

And if you are still feeling down, it might help to just take a break. I know I myself sometimes get tired of it and just.. stop interacting with anything Minetest related for a few months. There is nothing stopping you from just coming back half a year later. It's not like Minetest is going to go anywhere.
Thanks bro, I think I'll do that, take a break, maybe learn a little more and focus on other things...I'll try to get to 0.8 and stop for a while!!! Thank you really, you are very cool :)

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

This version has several fixes and some other things, many I can't fix because of my limited knowledge, after all I'm not a programmer, I make it clear .. Thanks in advance to " Wuzzy " and " Skamiz Kazzarch " for their help, their tips they were very useful, and I am grateful for that:

UPDATED :
- Redo mobs
- Animal Mobs
- Sponge

REMOVED :
- Newhand
- Headanim
- settlements (it caused crashes when I tried to add some mods, plus other problems that I don't know how to fix, I apologize to everyone for that..)

ADDED :
- Roots, decoration caves (No use)
- Polished Stone blocks
- Simple settlements (Adds simple houses across the map with some looting)

CHANGES :
- Now you can also enable "Fast" in creative, it was boring to fly slow!!!
- With the removal of " settlements " , merchants will now spawn at points made for them ..

ADJUSTED :
- Reconfigured the bridges nodebox
- Typing error in the description of the "darkstone" block, the record remains the same so as not to cause problems and unknown blocks..
- Dark cobblestone slab and stairs with wrong texture
- Cave Grass and Cave Hangers checkbox
- Make limestone blocks more distinct
- Brick textures, redone
- Achieving the stairs did not count correctly
- "Little farmer" achievement can now be unlocked with any hoe
- Improved texture of sheep, but close to wool
- Typo of " stone monster dark "
- Other things that should be improved, the list would be long !!!

With this version , I finish 0.7 , and I will only focus on 0.8 , but I will keep improving some things that need to be improved ...

Download : https://content.minetest.net/packages/d ... rvivetest/
Git : https://codeberg.org/duckgo/survivetest

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

I did a read.me update and on some platforms explaining what " Survivetest " really is ๐Ÿค”

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Finally be here the " Survivetest 0.8 " ,first I want to thank everyone who played or plays survivetest, thank you very much from the heart..
I also want to thank "Wuzzy" for the suggestions and tips to improve many things, I apologize if I don't get several, but one day I get there, survivetest is a school and a challenge for me!

ADDED:
= Aquatic decoration ( WIP )
- Corals
- Sea grass
- Red Algae
- Aquatic Ruins
- Sea lantern
- Blue lantern
- Aquatic Chest (These chests can only be opened with found keys )

= Jungle
- Mud (Mud Blocks, Bricks and stuff)
- Treehouse
- Lianas in jungle trees

= New Mobs :
- Crocodile
- Capybara
- Crab
- Sea serpent (Guardian of the oceans)

= New achievements and awards :
- Mushroom Hunter! (Find and pick 10 Purple Mushrooms in an underground cave) -> suggested by Wuzzy
- Experienced Miner! ( Craft 3 diamond blocks )
- Fermentinato ( Pick up juice from a barrel! ) -> suggested by Wuzzy
- Pies Specialist ( Craft at least 1 pie ) -> suggested by Wuzzy
- Master Cook ( Craft 10 Vegetables Soup )
- Nerves of steel (Defeat mese monster once with a steel sword ! )
- Beginning the Archer's Journey ( Craft a bow )
- The Rune Manipulato (Equip yourself with an amulet ) -> suggested by Wuzzy
- First time sailor ( Craft a basic small boat )
- Fearless Archeologist ( Find brown urns in dungeons )
- Protector's Mark ( Find a pillar totem in the jungle and break it! )
- Looter of the seas ( Find a chest in the Ruins in the oceans and open it! )

UPDATED:
= runes
- Added Air rune (Used to create amulets to not drown)
= Barrels
- It no longer takes all the bottles when clicked, now it only takes one
= dfarm
- Added "Scarecrow", decorative item only

CHANGES:
- Worms, you can now get them by digging mud
- Boats are faster now
- Urns drop shards and keys of chests from the oceans, after glued again they do not break anymore
- Mese monster added glow
- Ghost, the glow was removed

Video : https://youtu.be/hChe-0h_WIs