[Game] 100 Minerals to Success

VeproGames
GitHub: veprogames
In-game: vepro

[Game] 100 Minerals to Success

by VeproGames » Post

Mine Minerals, Craft Pickaxes and dig deeper! Mine all 100 Minerals and beware of hazards!
"100 Minerals to Success" is a simple Mining Game that fills the underground with 100 levels of blocks to mine and craft Pickaxes out of. The deeper you mine down, the more lava and bedrock will spawn, adding challenge to the game.

Every Pickaxe is about twice as strong as the last. If the first Block (Stone) had 100 HP, the last one would have about 63.382.530.011.411.470.000.000.000.000.000 HP.

Game instructions are either on the Game background or can be read with the /mts_tutorial command.

ContentDB
https://content.minetest.net/packages/V ... o_success/

Licensing
License of the Source Code: GPL-3.0-only
License of Media: CC0-1.0
(I encourage modification, modding, and request all of those works to be free and open source)

Screenshots
ImageImage

Download
The Game can either be downloaded in Minetest through ContentDB or with this link:
https://content.minetest.net/packages/V ... /download/

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

Re: [Game] 100 Minerals to Success

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

Been poking around this yesterday and as far as I can tell the current optimal strategy is as follows:
1) Dig a winding staircase about ~100 nodes down with a central shaft for sunlight.
2) Once you have a good pick, return to just bellow the surface, where you can still dig the grass by punching straight up. There you can use the easy sunlight access to strip-mine for wood (and active coal) until you have ~200 sticks for all the pickaxes you will ever need.
3) Dig straight down until bored. Since every ore is plentiful at the right height and they are strictly sequential, there is no need to care about the occasional ore which spawns above its natural level. If one comes into your way, just doge it and continue down, eventually you will to an area where the next upgrade material is plentiful, no scavenging necessary.

Other notes:
The surface is quite boring, though I am not sure if the player is meant to ever return there once they leave.
Right now it quickly becomes repetitive, BUT! with additional mechanics to break it up and at least some more diversity in the ores I think it could be a good time waster. It certainly picks at the part of the brain which likes to see numbers go up.
From looking at the code there doesn't seem to be any acknowledgment for reaching the bottom/getting the best pickaxe.

VeproGames

by VeproGames » Post

Skamiz and I have done an Update to the Game:
  • Revamped Map Generation
  • Teleporters
  • Congratulation message when completing the game
  • and more
The new Release is on ContentDB and can be updated through Minetest.

VeproGames

by VeproGames » Post

I've redesigned the game mechanics:
- you now craft a blacksmith at the start, which is used to craft pickaxes with random damage
- minerals you mine get absorbed by the blacksmith, increasing the base DPS of new Pickaxes
- lots of multipliers and an exponent

the new release is on ContentDB again: https://content.minetest.net/packages/V ... o_success/

VeproGames

by VeproGames » Post

The Game has been almost completely retextured (with the help of Stable Diffusion) and some simple sounds have been added.

For the future I am considering adding the i3 and awards mod to the game. What's the best way to include API/Library mods? Should I just copy the mod contents (including License) into the game, keeping the mod name as-is or should I use git submodules? I don't know if submodules could mess something up.

as always, this is on ContentDB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/V ... o_success/