[Game] ❂ Lux Solis ❂ [0.2.5] [WIP] (Ores)

Games that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

Re: [Game] ❂ Lux Solis ❂ [0.2.5]

by philipbenr » Post

Thank you. I am using Blender, just so you know: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10092

Incidentally, I need to add some more to that page.

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

@ Inocudom: Wish granted. It is posted in FM forums. I haven't tested it yet, but still... I think it should work with both engines.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Somewhat offtopic, but still..
The next stable FM version should be incompatible with the stable MT version due to the usage ENet library.
And 4aiman really needs to make his override_fall_tolerance code into that next branch before that happens.

To be closer to the topic, I'm going to test the release version of the Magichet within MT and therefore will have a chance to test Lux Soils within MT too.

Oh, maybe this UV mapping tutorial would help?
If no, PM me either here of @FM forums. Tutorials are too complicated for such a simple thing as the UV editor.

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

Thanks for the link. I didn't do much this weekend. Too much fun with SuperTuxKart and family. Anyhow, I am feeling pretty good. I will try out your tutorial and get something done hopefully. I was also thinking of a new idea for minetest's ores. If I can, make the node a meshnode and have the ores actually extruded from the stone block. That way, you have really good looking ores.

I also need to ask RBA some questions about meshnodes. Normalmapping would be funny to see. Still, IDK.

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

For all of you who want to catch up with the latest ideas flowing around, take a look at this forum topic:

http://forum.freeminer.org/threads/game ... 0-2-5.211/

Latest post:

One of five fantasy ores complete.
Name: Celtine.
Overall Power: Relatively high (better endurance than that of steel, but takes a bit longer to mine)
Special Qualities: Ore glows slightly. All ores will, making them easier to see in the dark of caves.

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

All of the ores listed above are done, including the moonstone. Also, MTDad has updated farming++, so I can probably work with it now.

Ores:
Normal

If you look closely, you can see that some glow differently than others. The light_source, spoiler alert, is always >=2

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

I am moving this thread to WIP Subgames because it is more of a Work-In-Progress, and shouldn't be considered released.