[Game] MiniTest

Games that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:35

DaN wrote:I like this. Gives me a light alternative to Minecraft. Does this still work on 0.4.4?

Try it, but I guess it doesnt work.
 

User avatar
DaN
Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 19:09
Location: Silicon Valley

by DaN » Thu Jun 27, 2013 15:08

PilzAdam wrote:
DaN wrote:I like this. Gives me a light alternative to Minecraft. Does this still work on 0.4.4?

Try it, but I guess it doesnt work.


OK, I tried both versions. The new one doesn't work. Oh well.
At least the old one works quite a bit.
DaN H.
 

User avatar
MaxCZ
Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:19

by MaxCZ » Tue Jul 02, 2013 06:42

haja
wazuclan.com by MaxCZ
 

H6nry
New member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 14:13

by H6nry » Mon Jul 22, 2013 15:20

@PilzAdam:
I am a great fan of your MiniTest game, but i think you should add/change some things if you want to be really close to MC:
1) Double Space to fly (minetest.conf)
2) Give fly-Privilege for default (builtin\privileges.lua)
3) Limit Framerate to 30 or somewhat, all over is CPU-waste (minetest.conf)
Thank you, H6nry

EDIT: 4) The creative mode inventory is no 2x2 table.
Last edited by H6nry on Mon Jul 22, 2013 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Mon Jul 22, 2013 15:41

H6nry wrote:@PilzAdam:
I am a great fan of your MiniTest game, but i think you should add/change some things if you want to be really close to MC:
1) Double Space to fly (minetest.conf)
2) Give fly-Privilege for default (builtin\privileges.lua)
3) Limit Framerate to 30 or somewhat, all over is CPU-waste (minetest.conf)
Thank you, H6nry

EDIT: 4) The creative mode inventory is no 2x2 table.

Nice you like this game.
4) Yes, thats intentional.
3) Why? looks ugly IMO. You can change that for yourself if you want.
2) Does MC really have flying in survival mode?
1) This doublespace to fly thing in Minetest is annyoing, it doesnt really work as expected (i.e. the release of the key is the event, not the pressing down).
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 15:56

PilzAdam wrote:
H6nry wrote:@PilzAdam:
I am a great fan of your MiniTest game, but i think you should add/change some things if you want to be really close to MC:
1) Double Space to fly (minetest.conf)
2) Give fly-Privilege for default (builtin\privileges.lua)
3) Limit Framerate to 30 or somewhat, all over is CPU-waste (minetest.conf)
Thank you, H6nry

EDIT: 4) The creative mode inventory is no 2x2 table.

Nice you like this game.
4) Yes, thats intentional.
3) Why? looks ugly IMO. You can change that for yourself if you want.
2) Does MC really have flying in survival mode?
1) This doublespace to fly thing in Minetest is annyoing, it doesnt really work as expected (i.e. the release of the key is the event, not the pressing down).

There is no flying in survival but you get it automatically in creative. Also the double tap is nice cause you can easily go on and off you just have to get used to it.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

leo_rockway
Member
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 20:37

by leo_rockway » Fri Jul 26, 2013 09:00

I played for like two seconds but I'd like to point out a few things:

* Suffocate seems to be missing (at least with sand, I haven't tried with gravel). There already is a mod for that, but I don't know if it still works with recent versions of Minetest.
* Drowning is not drawing the bubbles bar in the HUD.
* It would be cool if drowning had a drowning sound (I think MC has that).
* It would be nice to see particles when splashing in water.
* Charcoal is a feature that's not mentioned in the first post.
* In MC you can't have stuff in the crafting area when closing the inventory, it gets dropped to the ground. I don't know if that can be changed without messing with the Minetest engine.
* Shift-clicking to get the whole stack of possible crafts or to move stacks to-from inventory would be amazing (even for Minetest).
* Double doors aren't working (they both face the same side). Also, when you place a door, it should be on the outermost part of the cube, not in the innermost. (I tried with wood in both cases, not with steel since I haven't found any yet).
* It would be neat if doors had an opening / closing sound.
* Torches shouldn't remain attached while underwater.
* Hunger mod could be included.
* Fishing and throwing maybe? I don't know if they are close enough to the MC stuff.
* In MC chests can't be opened if they have a block on it (but they also have an opening animation that would seem odd if they had a block on top of it, so it's probably a more esthetics limitation).


I REALLY like what you did here. With the obvious exception of mobs and weather, it does feel a lot like proper MC (at least older versions, which were what I tried to compare them to Minetest). I particularly like the water floating / swimming physics and they are closer to what I'd personally like in Minetest (I feel that Minetest's water is like moving in molasses).

Thanks for all your hard work.

EDIT: also, the boat mod! :D
EDIT2: fence gates and glass panes are missing (xpanes and xfences might work there).
Last edited by leo_rockway on Fri Jul 26, 2013 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:44

leo_rockway wrote:* It would be cool if drowning had a drowning sound (I think MC has that).


MC just plays the normal damage sound every second.

leo_rockway wrote:* In MC you can't have stuff in the crafting area when closing the inventory, it gets dropped to the ground. I don't know if that can be changed without messing with the Minetest engine.


I doubt it's possible without C++ changes, yes.

leo_rockway wrote:* Torches shouldn't remain attached while underwater.


Could be done with an ABM maybe, albeit inaccurately.
 

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
Location: Germany
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Fri Jul 26, 2013 13:05

Calinou wrote:MC just plays the normal damage sound every second.


Minetest+ too :P

leo_rockway wrote:* Drowning is not drawing the bubbles bar in the HUD.
* Hunger mod could be included.

Use my Better HUD mod
leo_rockway wrote:* It would be neat if doors had an opening / closing sound.

Use my Doors mod
leo_rockway wrote:* Fishing and throwing maybe? I don't know if they are close enough to the MC stuff.

Use Mossmanikin's Fishing mod
 

leo_rockway
Member
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 20:37

by leo_rockway » Fri Jul 26, 2013 16:09

BlockMen wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:* Drowning is not drawing the bubbles bar in the HUD.
* Hunger mod could be included.

Use my Better HUD mod

I have and it's great! That's why I mentioned that here :)

BlockMen wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:* It would be neat if doors had an opening / closing sound.

Use my Doors mod

I hadn't seen that. It looks interesting. It does add something that MC doesn't have, though (glass doors, I don't think that MC has that) but at the same time it adds hatches which I forgot to mention in my previous post and MC has.

BlockMen wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:* Fishing and throwing maybe? I don't know if they are close enough to the MC stuff.

Use Mossmanikin's Fishing mod


I had seen it, but I haven't tried it. Does it feel MC-like? (well, I'll try it tonight anyway).

The thing with using other mods, though, is that PilzAdam mentioned this game is probably not compatible with them. I'll have to try them and check.

Another thing that would be great is running privileges enabled by default (maybe with double tapping the forward key, like in MC). I know that there was a fork (blockplanet, I believe it was called) which also had FOV as in MC (which I really like), but that requires messing with the C++ code as far as I know. (It would be neat if Minetest had FOV anyway :) )
Last edited by leo_rockway on Fri Jul 26, 2013 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
BlockMen
Developer
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 17:24
Location: Germany
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:17

leo_rockway wrote:
BlockMen wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:* Drowning is not drawing the bubbles bar in the HUD.
* Hunger mod could be included.

Use my Better HUD mod

I have and it's great! That's why I mentioned that here :)

I guess PilzAdam thinks its too "hacky" to get added to his game. And nice you like it.


leo_rockway wrote:* It would be neat if doors had an opening / closing sound.

--

I hadn't seen that. It looks interesting. It does add something that MC doesn't have, though (glass doors, I don't think that MC has that) but at the same time it adds hatches which I forgot to mention in my previous post and MC has.

IMO a glass door is nice and MC should add (instead me remove) :P


leo_rockway wrote:* Fishing and throwing maybe? I don't know if they are close enough to the MC stuff.

--

I had seen it, but I haven't tried it. Does it feel MC-like? (well, I'll try it tonight anyway).

The thing with using other mods, though, is that PilzAdam mentioned this game is probably not compatible with them. I'll have to try them and check.

Another thing that would be great is running privileges enabled by default (maybe with double tapping the forward key, like in MC). I know that there was a fork (blockplanet, I believe it was called) which also had FOV as in MC (which I really like), but that requires messing with the C++ code as far as I know. (It would be neat if Minetest had FOV anyway :) )


It won't be as in MC (i guess), but better than no fishing.

And lets see what Minetest will become in future ;)
 

User avatar
Mossmanikin
Member
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 16:26
Location: where we don't speak english.

by Mossmanikin » Sat Jul 27, 2013 19:34

BlockMen wrote:It won't be as in MC (i guess), but better than no fishing.


Yes, it's inspired by MC, but I'm not trying to make it like in MC.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff
 

eduardo_cam199
New member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 13:55

by eduardo_cam199 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 01:46

WHY YOU DONT PUT LAPIS AND ESMERALD IN THE GAME?
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Tue Jul 30, 2013 01:48

eduardo_cam199 wrote:WHY YOU DONT PUT LAPIS AND ESMERALD IN THE GAME?

This game intends to copy the Minecraft alpha / early beta, basically the point before hunger was added.
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:39

leo_rockway wrote:* Drowning is not drawing the bubbles bar in the HUD.

Fixed.
 

User avatar
ak399g
Member
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 02:36
In-game: SAFR

by ak399g » Tue Jul 30, 2013 16:58

The workbenches are shared: I've placed two workbenches, and when I drop items in one, they carry over into the other (sort of like linked bags of holding). In addition, when items are in the crafting grid, I cannot craft in the 2x2 on my person.

EDIT: Unless of course, this is intentional, and the (workbench) is supposed to serve as a temporary expansion. This however does lead to issues; the upper-right 2x2 that makes up the 3x3 is the on-person space, and if I've put something into a workbench somewhere in one of the other slots, it doesn't show up in the on-person 2x2 grid, but it still counts as being on the grid, so I can't craft until I've removed the object from the 'hidden' slot.
Last edited by ak399g on Tue Jul 30, 2013 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
aka SAFR
 

megavex
New member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 15:09

by megavex » Tue Dec 24, 2013 15:10

Does anyone know wether the MOB Framework is compatible wih this game?
 

User avatar
Krock
Developer
 
Posts: 4106
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 07:48
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Tue Dec 24, 2013 16:00

megavex wrote:Does anyone know wether the MOB Framework is compatible wih this game?

Try it. Shouldn't be too complicated to donwload 1 game and 1 mod.
Mod Search Engine - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>
 

falsegrayburger
Member
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 15:16
In-game: naro

by falsegrayburger » Wed Jan 15, 2014 06:33

Please added death drop mod
 

shaheerziya
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 06:57
Location: Pakistan

by shaheerziya » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:39

Super Awesome game i just love(i cant play mine craft cause my computer is old)
i really suggest that you can add is Better HUD and please tell me at which depth what material is found if its mentioned in this topic before i have not read it because i did not have enough time.
Thanks(in advance)
And i found this:
Image
Last edited by shaheerziya on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
stormchaser3000
Member
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 21:02
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 03:08

shaheerziya wrote:Super Awesome game i just love(i cant play mine craft cause my computer is old)
i really suggest that you can add is Better HUD and please tell me at which depth what material is found if its mentioned in this topic before i have not read it because i did not have enough time.
Thanks(in advance)
And i found this:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ika1qp.png

actualy the crafting mod would be more suitable but the better hud mod woul be cool
 

shaheerziya
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 06:57
Location: Pakistan

by shaheerziya » Sat Jan 18, 2014 05:26

And can more redstone stuff be added please. RedStone:[spoiler] Stuff that can be added: Pistons, Dispensers, Brake rails and water and wind mills.[/spoiler]
 

User avatar
LionsDen
Member
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 03:19

by LionsDen » Sat Jan 18, 2014 15:52

shaheerziya wrote:And can more redstone stuff be added please. RedStone: Stuff that can be added: Pistons, Dispensers, Brake rails and water and wind mills.


Try looking at the Mesecons mod and possibly Technic. They between them can probably do everything you are looking for.
 

User avatar
wtfsamcrap
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 21:23
Location: Look behind you :)

by wtfsamcrap » Sat Jan 18, 2014 17:02

ad these things
[spoiler=Items (Wait for 1.8 mc to come out to publish em)]1. Make bedrock lower like say 100 it is normal for mc
2. If you can make droped items go thru half slabs
3. Make netherack never stop burning
4. Make a hopper
5. Make a repeater
6. Make a redstone brick
7. Make emeralds
8. Diamonds need to be more comment like mc
9. Add XP :D
10. Add mobs that die w/ sword :D
11. Add hunger
12. Make a bow
13. Make signs w/ text on em not hovering over em (and ik it is possible i fixed it but maby you should to)
14. Make slime balls and bricks(they are really bouncy and the 1.8 snapshot has em so do it after 1.8 comes out)
15. Slow down fire spread
16. Add anaconda wood
17. Add oak
18. Add pine and snowy biom
19. Add a cactus mapgen(i never find cactus)
20. Make bonemeal
21. Add dropper and Other(i forgot)
22. Make TNT mod activate to redstone
23. Make effects(if can in API)
24. Add Granite,Diorite,Andasite,And all of them in polished
( using crafting like
x=the things o= nothing
x x
xx
)
25. Make armor
26. Add other things (just go play mc i cant im going of memory and vids cuz my java is broke that is why i want this 1 to be like mc :( )
27. Redstone to add Pistons, Dispensers,Rails
28. Drowning
29. LAPIS!!!!
30. Enchanting Table (1.8 snapshot uses lapis wach this vid to see how it works also not gold they made it to lapis {looked at alot of snapshots of it})
31. End
32. Ender dragon and red dragon (both are in end)
33. Better nether
34. Make beds go fast thru the night
35. Dif deserts
36. CMD Block
37. Game logic like flashing redstone (meaning setup like this)
X=Node O=Redstone Torch T=Redstone
O
XTTTTTO
37. Using right click to eat
38. A cmd to see yourself (f5 is in game engin so ik it is not possible for f5)
39. Make doors stack and craft 3 on yeild
40. Make herobrine (very rarely seen but hay put a myth in a clone lol)
41. Make enderperles and eye of ender (make endermen for mobs)
42. Add carpet
43. Watch utube vids of mc for other ideas[/spoiler]
Last edited by wtfsamcrap on Sat Jan 18, 2014 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Mods
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Sat Jan 18, 2014 17:12

wtfsamcrap wrote:1. Make bedrock lower like say 100 it is normal for mc
2. If you can make droped items go thru half slabs
3. Make netherack never stop burning
4. Make a hopper
5. Make a repeater
6. Make a redstone brick
7. Make emeralds
8. Diamonds need to be more comment like mc
9. Add XP :D
10. Add mobs that die w/ sword :D
11. Add hunger
12. Make a bow
13. Make signs w/ text on em not hovering over em (and ik it is possible i fixed it but maby you should to)
14. Make slime balls and bricks(they are really bouncy and the 1.8 snapshot has em so do it after 1.8 comes out)
15. Slow down fire spread
16. Add anaconda wood
17. Add oak
18. Add pine and snowy biom
19. Add a cactus mapgen(i never find cactus)
20. Make bonemeal
21. Add dropper and Other(i forgot)
22. Make TNT mod activate to redstone
23. Make effects(if can in API)
24. Add Granite,Diorite,Andasite,And all of them in polished
( using crafting like
x=the things o= nothing
x x
xx
)
25. Make armor
26. Add other things (just go play mc i cant im going of memory and vids cuz my java is broke that is why i want this 1 to be like mc :( )
27. Redstone to add Pistons, Dispensers,Rails

1) This games aims to be like Minecraft alpha / early beta.
2) I dont work on this anymore.
 

PreviousNext

Return to Old Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest