[Game] The RealTest Game [realtest]

Games that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

qwrwed wrote:What are sticks for? The ones made by crafting two default:stick diagonally.
And is there a way to make a pick when you start the game? I had to use /give because i can't make a wooden pickaxe either.
EDIT: Also, there is no craft for furnaces and bonfires.
And when i try to place a furnace, it instantly disappears, and I can't smelt using the bonfire... not sure if its just me or if its realtest.
Can one of the developers of this game make a wiki that explains it all please?
Do you use RealTest from GitHub? Wiki? Ok. I think Wiki will be there https://github.com/sda97ghb/realtest/wiki.
Last edited by kotolegokot on Thu Nov 22, 2012 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
qwrwed
Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 20:56
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

kotolegokot wrote:
qwrwed wrote:What are sticks for? The ones made by crafting two default:stick diagonally.
And is there a way to make a pick when you start the game? I had to use /give because i can't make a wooden pickaxe either.
EDIT: Also, there is no craft for furnaces and bonfires.
And when i try to place a furnace, it instantly disappears, and I can't smelt using the bonfire... not sure if its just me or if its realtest.
Can one of the developers of this game make a wiki that explains it all please?
Do you use RealTest from GitHub? Wiki? Ok. I think Wiki will be there https://github.com/sda97ghb/realtest/wiki.
Thanks. But it doesn't explain what the sticks are for, or what's wrong with the furnaces, or the new forging layout...

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

This will be in the wiki.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

Pages about furnaces and bonfires are ready.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
dip
New member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 01:19

by dip » Post

Hello. I have found a bug while trying to forge copper. Here you can see it's output:

Code: Select all

01:14:01: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...al/share/minetest/games/realtest/mods/anvil/init.lua:232: attempt to index global 'ingotstack' (a nil value)
01:14:01: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
Segmentation fault
I am using minetest version 0.4.3.

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

dip wrote:Hello. I have found a bug while trying to forge copper. Here you can see it's output:

Code: Select all

01:14:01: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...al/share/minetest/games/realtest/mods/anvil/init.lua:232: attempt to index global 'ingotstack' (a nil value)
01:14:01: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
Segmentation fault
I am using minetest version 0.4.3.
Thanks, I will try to fix it.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

dip wrote:Hello. I have found a bug while trying to forge copper. Here you can see it's output:

Code: Select all

01:14:01: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...al/share/minetest/games/realtest/mods/anvil/init.lua:232: attempt to index global 'ingotstack' (a nil value)
01:14:01: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
Segmentation fault
I am using minetest version 0.4.3.
Just remove 232th and 233th lines.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
dip
New member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 01:19

by dip » Post

Maybe you could use campfires mod instead of your bonfires?

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

No no no. Sorry, but I think our bonfire in github is better than campfires.
Last edited by kotolegokot on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
dip
New member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 01:19

by dip » Post

Ok ok ok :3 I were trying to use github version but it is soo broken.

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

Github version works good on Minetest 0.4.4-dev. And I think RealTest will release together with Minetest 0.4.4.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
cmacis
New member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:08

by cmacis » Post

The wiki, and this page seem not to have what I'm looking for. How tough are each of these new metals? I tried reading the lua code but it is confusing to me.

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

You will know it when sda97 deign to update the topic.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
Posts: 1896
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

When is this going to be updated?

User avatar
thetoon
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:55

by thetoon » Post

Ok, the whole thing is actually pretty good. But how do you make default:stone ? you need it for anvil, but I can't find a way to obtain it...

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

Dig all blocks beside stone.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
thetoon
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:55

by thetoon » Post

kotolegokot wrote:Dig all blocks beside stone.
What do you mean?

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

You should dig 6 neighboring nodes.
http://minetest.ru/wiki2/images/2/23/St ... uiring.png
Last edited by kotolegokot on Fri Dec 21, 2012 08:57, edited 1 time in total.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
thetoon
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:55

by thetoon » Post

kotolegokot wrote:You should dig 6 neighboring nodes.
http://minetest.ru/wiki2/images/2/23/St ... uiring.png
Ok, I think I got it (and I'll try this as soon as possible ) : so I need to remove any block surrounding a stone block (this letting it "float" in the air) before mining it. Am I right?

Btw, your URL asks for a password (that I don't have).

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

thetoon wrote:
kotolegokot wrote:You should dig 6 neighboring nodes.
http://minetest.ru/wiki2/images/2/23/St ... uiring.png
Ok, I think I got it (and I'll try this as soon as possible ) : so I need to remove any block surrounding a stone block (this letting it "float" in the air) before mining it. Am I right?

Btw, your URL asks for a password (that I don't have).
Yes, when a stone block will "float" in the air, it will drop itself.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
tux_peng
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 18:21

by tux_peng » Post

Looks interesting; you should add a use for dirt though= like dirt_water_bucket=mud, 4 mud=clay
Servers now up (Economy, no PvP) Forum up already! http://tuxcraft.info

User avatar
sda97
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 07:45
Location: Siberia, Ishim

by sda97 » Post

tux_peng wrote:Looks interesting; you should add a use for dirt though= like dirt_water_bucket=mud, 4 mud=clay
I understand you want get clay from dirt? But in reality the clay did not get. It get from stone and for it need very much time.

User avatar
tux_peng
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 18:21

by tux_peng » Post

Dirt is just one of those things )like cobble) that I seem to get an excess of

BTW-- how do I get a block of stone

When you break items, they just drop their nodes and I have to click each one to put it it in my inventory; it takes too long
Servers now up (Economy, no PvP) Forum up already! http://tuxcraft.info

User avatar
sda97
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 07:45
Location: Siberia, Ishim

by sda97 » Post

tux_peng wrote:Dirt is just one of those things )like cobble) that I seem to get an excess of

BTW-- how do I get a block of stone

When you break items, they just drop their nodes and I have to click each one to put it it in my inventory; it takes too long
I know the use for dirt. It need for get charcoal. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Charcoal (it is only idea)

For getting block of stone you must dig around it. You need make flying block.

In reality you also first dig and after collect.
Last edited by sda97 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tux_peng
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 18:21

by tux_peng » Post

I use GIT realtest and 12/31/12 GIT minetest on Kubuntu 12.10; clay is hard to find, and the recipe for the chisels are brocken.

MODS
----------
inventory_plus
bookmarks_gui
item_drop
craft_guide
Servers now up (Economy, no PvP) Forum up already! http://tuxcraft.info

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest