[Game] The RealTest Game [realtest]

Games that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
User avatar
tux_peng
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 18:21

by tux_peng » Post

I use GIT realtest and 12/31/12 GIT minetest on Kubuntu 12.10; clay is hard to find. The only ores I found are- pig_iron (what can I use the stuff for anyway), some clay, some charcoal, & lapis...

BTW-- add some coblestone stairs and steps

MODS
----------
inventory_plus
bookmarks_gui
item_drop
craft_guide
Last edited by tux_peng on Sat Jan 05, 2013 02:47, edited 1 time in total.
Servers now up (Economy, no PvP) Forum up already! http://tuxcraft.info

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

Wow now this Game has alot of ideas I had :\ I still can maybe make them.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

tux_peng wrote:I use GIT realtest and 12/31/12 GIT minetest on Kubuntu 12.10; clay is hard to find. The only ores I found are- pig_iron (what can I use the stuff for anyway), some clay, some charcoal, & lapis...

BTW-- add some coblestone stairs and steps

MODS
----------
inventory_plus
bookmarks_gui
item_drop
craft_guide
I'm not sure that you can use item_drop, because RealTest already uses modified version of this mod.
Stairs and steps are in the TODO list.
Last edited by kotolegokot on Sat Feb 09, 2013 06:37, edited 1 time in total.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

kotolegokot wrote:
tux_peng wrote:I use GIT realtest and 12/31/12 GIT minetest on Kubuntu 12.10; clay is hard to find. The only ores I found are- pig_iron (what can I use the stuff for anyway), some clay, some charcoal, & lapis...

BTW-- add some coblestone stairs and steps

MODS
----------
inventory_plus
bookmarks_gui
item_drop
craft_guide
I'm not sure that you can use item_drop, because RealTest already uses modified version of this mod.
Stairs and steps are in the TODO list.
Stairs and step already is in git.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
prestidigitator
Member
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 23:54

by prestidigitator » Post

Neat. I just posted a similar idea, and then someone pointed out this thread. What's the current status of the game/mods?
Last edited by prestidigitator on Mon Mar 04, 2013 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

prestidigitator wrote:Neat. I just posted a similar idea, and then someone pointed out this thread. What's the current status of the game/mods?
Now we have a little time to develop RealTest. If you want you can help us, using GtiHub pull requests or whatever else.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
0gb.us
Member
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 01:55
Location: 0gb.us:30000
Contact:

by 0gb.us » Post

Code: Select all

01:46:56: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
01:46:56: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
01:46:56: ERROR[main]: /home/us_0gb/minetest-0.4.5/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:
01:46:56: ERROR[main]: ....5/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: attempt to call field 'add_bonfire_fuel' (a nil value)
01:46:56: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
01:46:56: ERROR[main]:     ....5/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: in function 'register_tree'
01:46:56: ERROR[main]:     ....5/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:590: in main chunk
01:46:56: ERROR[main]:     [C]: in function 'dofile'
01:46:56: ERROR[main]:     ...test-0.4.5/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:61: in main chunk
01:46:56: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
There seems to be an issue keeping RealTest from running.

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

0gb.us wrote:

Code: Select all

01:46:56: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
01:46:56: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
01:46:56: ERROR[main]: /home/us_0gb/minetest-0.4.5/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:
01:46:56: ERROR[main]: ....5/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: attempt to call field 'add_bonfire_fuel' (a nil value)
01:46:56: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
01:46:56: ERROR[main]:     ....5/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: in function 'register_tree'
01:46:56: ERROR[main]:     ....5/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:590: in main chunk
01:46:56: ERROR[main]:     [C]: in function 'dofile'
01:46:56: ERROR[main]:     ...test-0.4.5/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:61: in main chunk
01:46:56: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
There seems to be an issue keeping RealTest from running.
Is your Realtest from git?
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
Matsetes
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 23:36

by Matsetes » Post

I obtained this error...


Failed to load and run script from
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: /home/matsetes/File/Games/Minetest/celeron55-minetest-2c362ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: attempt to call field 'add_bonfire_fuel' (a nil value)
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: in function 'register_tree'
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:590: in main chunk
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...st-2c362ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:61: in main chunk

User avatar
0gb.us
Member
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 01:55
Location: 0gb.us:30000
Contact:

by 0gb.us » Post

kotolegokot wrote:Is your Realtest from git?
No, it's from the download link you provided.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/82810123/minete ... altest.zip

User avatar
recarv
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 23:07
Location: In ponyville, with Pinkie Pie.

by recarv » Post

This is a great game, and I love it. But, I don't know how to make an anvil... I tried using cobble, but I don't think that's how. Can someone help? I have tried smelting it, only to burn it =D. I also looked at the start guide, I put it in the way it says, and It won't give me it. Am I being stupid, or is it a bug?
Last edited by recarv on Mon Mar 25, 2013 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
I wonder if Minetest Tekkit is coming...
When will we get it?

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

recarv wrote:This is a great game, and I love it. But, I don't know how to make an anvil... I tried using cobble, but I don't think that's how. Can someone help? I have tried smelting it, only to burn it =D. I also looked at the start guide, I put it in the way it says, and It won't give me it. Am I being stupid, or is it a bug?
See this:
Image
and use Realtest from git.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
recarv
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 23:07
Location: In ponyville, with Pinkie Pie.

by recarv » Post

I have realtest form git, and I used the stone. If that is what you are implying with these pictures.
I wonder if Minetest Tekkit is coming...
When will we get it?

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Contact:

by kaeza » Post

Matsetes wrote:I obtained this error...


Failed to load and run script from
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: /home/matsetes/File/Games/Minetest/celeron55-minetest-2c362ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: attempt to call field 'add_bonfire_fuel' (a nil value)
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: in function 'register_tree'
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:590: in main chunk
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...st-2c362ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:61: in main chunk
I'm also getting this error.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

recarv wrote:I have realtest form git, and I used the stone. If that is what you are implying with these pictures.
You should use stone (default:stone) to craft anvils.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
miras256
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:04

by miras256 » Post

kaeza wrote:
Matsetes wrote:I obtained this error...


Failed to load and run script from
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: /home/matsetes/File/Games/Minetest/celeron55-minetest-2c362ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: attempt to call field 'add_bonfire_fuel' (a nil value)
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: in function 'register_tree'
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:590: in main chunk
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...st-2c362ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:61: in main chunk
I'm also getting this error.

I'm new in the minetest, but I gues, that "bonfire" missing in "depends.txt" of the "trees" mod.

User avatar
Matsetes
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 23:36

by Matsetes » Post

kaeza wrote:
Matsetes wrote:I obtained this error...


Failed to load and run script from
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: /home/matsetes/File/Games/Minetest/celeron55-minetest-2c362ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: attempt to call field 'add_bonfire_fuel' (a nil value)
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:517: in function 'register_tree'
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/registration.lua:590: in main chunk
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
22:47:17: ERROR[main]: ...st-2c362ba/bin/../games/realtest/mods/trees/init.lua:61: in main chunk
I'm also getting this error.
Me too, I solved using the git repo and not the zip...

User avatar
Matsetes
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 23:36

by Matsetes » Post

I tryed two hours playing it but I'm still not able to craft a furnace or to use the scribing table...
And where can I find clay? I cannot find it anywhere...

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

User avatar
shaneroach
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 21:05
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

by shaneroach » Post

I am interested in this game but just spent the last two days putting together mods I like. If I add this game to the games folder, is it also going to try to run all the other mods I have in mods/minetest?

I suppose I could just do a fresh compile in a different folder. Just trying to figure out the use of these games/worlds/mods folders and the concept behind having them in so many different places.
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.
- Inspired by Hebrews 11:6

User avatar
Zeg9
Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02
Location: France

by Zeg9 » Post

shaneroach wrote:I am interested in this game but just spent the last two days putting together mods I like. If I add this game to the games folder, is it also going to try to run all the other mods I have in mods/minetest?

I suppose I could just do a fresh compile in a different folder. Just trying to figure out the use of these games/worlds/mods folders and the concept behind having them in so many different places.
If you are using <= 0.4.6 all mods in mods/minetest are only loaded in the minetest game. So when you use realtest they won't be loaded.
If you want to add mods to realtest, put them in mods/realtest.
Last edited by Zeg9 on Wed May 22, 2013 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

User avatar
shaneroach
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 21:05
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

by shaneroach » Post

Zeg9 wrote:
shaneroach wrote:I am interested in this game but just spent the last two days putting together mods I like. If I add this game to the games folder, is it also going to try to run all the other mods I have in mods/minetest?

I suppose I could just do a fresh compile in a different folder. Just trying to figure out the use of these games/worlds/mods folders and the concept behind having them in so many different places.
If you are using <= 0.4.6 all mods in mods/minetest are only loaded in the minetest game. So when you use realtest they won't be loaded.
If you want to add mods to realtest, put them in mods/realtest.
Thanks!

Gonna try this out this evening.
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.
- Inspired by Hebrews 11:6

User avatar
ZacAttack
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 14:12
Location: World [minetest_game]

by ZacAttack » Post

Can not get trees runing it says:

"ModError: Failed to load and run"
"E:\minetest-0.4.6\bin\...\games\realtest\mods\trees\init.lua"
can some one help me
Zdg

User avatar
Dan Duncombe
Member
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 21:11
Location: In the unknown depths of Earth

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Would love to play but...

Code: Select all

01:42:14: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\Minetest\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees\init.lua:
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: ...-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees/registration.lua:517: attempt to call field 'add_bonfire_fuel' (a nil value)
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
01:42:14: ERROR[main]:     ...-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees/registration.lua:517: in function 'register_tree'
01:42:14: ERROR[main]:     ...-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees/registration.lua:590: in main chunk
01:42:14: ERROR[main]:     [C]: in function 'dofile'
01:42:14: ERROR[main]:     ...minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees\init.lua:61: in main chunk
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\Minetest\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees\init.lua
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\Minetest\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees\init.lua
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

User avatar
kotolegokot
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 17:03
Location: Russia, Ishim

by kotolegokot » Post

Dan Duncombe wrote:Would love to play but...

Code: Select all

01:42:14: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\Minetest\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees\init.lua:
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: ...-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees/registration.lua:517: attempt to call field 'add_bonfire_fuel' (a nil value)
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
01:42:14: ERROR[main]:     ...-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees/registration.lua:517: in function 'register_tree'
01:42:14: ERROR[main]:     ...-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees/registration.lua:590: in main chunk
01:42:14: ERROR[main]:     [C]: in function 'dofile'
01:42:14: ERROR[main]:     ...minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees\init.lua:61: in main chunk
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\Minetest\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees\init.lua
01:42:14: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\Minetest\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\games\realtest\mods\trees\init.lua
Just add "bonfire" line into .../realtest/mods/trees/depends.txt
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest