[Game] 0gb.us_game

Games that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
0gb.us

[Game] 0gb.us_game

by 0gb.us » Post

[game] 0gb.us_game

0gb.us_game aims to provide tools for servers to allow users to manage themselves, as well as a few tools for administration and moderation, while not straying too far away from the spirit of Minetest. It also contains a few usability fixes. For a more detailed description, please see README.txt, included with the game. If you plan to contribute, please be sure to look over it.

Please note that this game requires a version of Minetest that uses the new games/common directory. While I usually try to keep my stuff compatible with stable Minetest, Minetest 0.4.6 will be released in a couple days anyway, and I'd like to get a head start on this, to make sure nothing got overlooked.

Also keep in mind that this game requires a case-sensitive file system. On a case-insensitive file system (*cough* Windows users *cough*), some components disable themselves to prevent damage to your game world caused by this case-insensitivity.

Code license: LGPLv2
Media license: CC-BY-SA
Download: https://github.com/0gb-us/0gb.us_game/tarball/master
Browse code: https://github.com/0gb-us/0gb.us_game/t ... gb.us_game

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

I would call it game.0gb.us

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

I normally DO use subdomain notation for things such as this. But I found a quirk in the engine. As we all know, minetest and minetest_game are treated as the same. It's either an inconsistency, or the "_game" suffix (if it exists) is removed.

As it turns out, the latter is true. When I first started this project, it was a game called "0gb.us", as it was only used on my server. (There was also a game called 30000.0gb.us, used on my 30000 port, back when port 30001 held my main world.) Before putting it on Github though, I renamed it 0gb.us_game, to be sort of reminiscent of minetest_game. While it now uses common, and ignores minetest_game, it originally copied most of minetest_game, and added and removed things that were needed or not needed.

ShadowNinja
Developer
GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Post

0gb.us wrote:I normally DO use subdomain notation for things such as this. But I found a quirk in the engine. As we all know, minetest and minetest_game are treated as the same. It's either an inconsistency, or the "_game" suffix (if it exists) is removed.

As it turns out, the latter is true. When I first started this project, it was a game called "0gb.us", as it was only used on my server. (There was also a game called 30000.0gb.us, used on my 30000 port, back when port 30001 held my main world.) Before putting it on Github though, I renamed it 0gb.us_game, to be sort of reminiscent of minetest_game. While it now uses common, and ignores minetest_game, it originally copied most of minetest_game, and added and removed things that were needed or not needed.
It does not remove "_game", in some places it uses the folder name and in others the name in game.conf

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Shadow wrote:
0gb.us wrote:I normally DO use subdomain notation for things such as this. But I found a quirk in the engine. As we all know, minetest and minetest_game are treated as the same. It's either an inconsistency, or the "_game" suffix (if it exists) is removed.

It does not remove "_game", in some places it uses the folder name and in others the name in game.conf
There are two "names" for a game, the ID wich is the folder name and the game name, wich is set in game.conf
And the engine does strip off the _game at the end of the ID.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Can I make an edited version of landclwaim and points for Minitest.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Can I make an edited version of landclwaim and points for Minitest.
1. Please use a question mark when you have a question. Its primary use is this--denoting a question.

Second, you can as long as you stay within bounds of the LGPL.
Last edited by rarkenin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

rarkenin wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:Can I make an edited version of landclwaim and points for Minitest.
1. Please use a question mark when you have a question. Its primary use is this--denoting a question.

in layman terms please tell me what it means I can do. Also I have read it over and over. Can I edit it but still give credit?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

ShadowNinja
Developer
GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
rarkenin wrote:

in layman terms please tell me what it means I can do. Also I have read it over and over. Can I edit it but still give credit?
Yes.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Shadow wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:
rarkenin wrote:

Yes.
That's fine with me, but I don't think PilzAdam wants land claims is MiniTest.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

eh the real problem is the bucket. could you have landclaim protect against placing lava and water with right click.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:The real problem is the bucket. Could you have landclaim protect against placing lava and water with a right click?
IIRC it already does.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

nope it accidentally placed lava on traxies server's spawn and it stayed
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:nope it accidentally placed lava on traxies server's spawn and it stayed
Was the bug reproducible?

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Yeah, you can place buckets in a protection. Is this updated for the new bucket system?

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

that is special to minitest since minitest does on_right_click instead of on_use. i am not sure if the on right click is the right name but that is what it uses.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Well, I'll edit the server install of minitest then.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:eh the real problem is the bucket. could you have landclaim protect against placing lava and water with right click.
Ah. That's due to an update in Minetest. In 0.4.3, when I wrote this, we used on_use(). Now in 0.4.6, it's on_place(). That oversight is completely my bad.
Traxie21 wrote:Well, I'll edit the server install of minitest then.
If you want, go ahead, or just update you copy from Github. It's fixed now.

PenguinDad

by PenguinDad » Post

Octobi Wan Catnobi says:
This is not the
web page you
are looking for.
Last edited by PenguinDad on Sun Jun 09, 2013 07:14, edited 1 time in total.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Limux wrote:
The Octocat says:
This is not the
web page you
are looking for.
How dare you! This is not the octocat! Its Octobi Wan Catnobi: http://octodex.github.com/octobiwan/
Last edited by PilzAdam on Sat Jun 08, 2013 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

PenguinDad

by PenguinDad » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
Limux wrote:
Octobi Wan Catnobi says:
This is not the
web page you
are looking for.
How dare you! This is not the octocat! Its Octobi Wan Catnobi: http://octodex.github.com/octobiwan/
Sorry I have forgotten the name.

EDIT: Corrected the name.
Last edited by PenguinDad on Sun Jun 09, 2013 07:14, edited 1 time in total.

PenguinDad

by PenguinDad » Post

Under this link you can find the game.
https://github.com/ManOfMinetest24/0gb.us_game

geralddizon15

by geralddizon15 » Post

Maybe nice