[Game] Carbone [carbone] – minetest_game, improved

Games that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Inocudom » Wed Jul 23, 2014 18:02

In Carbone, custom skins are not saved per player.
The comedic value of my videos is how abysmal they are: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cyeM ... YTfYFlih_A
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Calinou » Wed Jul 23, 2014 18:24

Inocudom wrote:In Carbone, custom skins are not saved per player.


Rename the player_textures mod to .player_textures (with a dot at the beginning) in the game's mods directory to disable it and use another skin mod.
 

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Inocudom » Mon Aug 04, 2014 23:20

It looks like a new glitch has appeared concerning skins. When I change the skin that I am using ingame, the player model becomes a solid color and stays that way until the next play session. The mods I used are below:
https://github.com/minetest-technic/datastorage-datastorage
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3933-unified_inventory
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9807-u_skins
Yes, player_textures was removed from Carbone at the time.
The comedic value of my videos is how abysmal they are: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cyeM ... YTfYFlih_A
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Calinou » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:14

Inocudom wrote:It looks like a new glitch has appeared concerning skins. When I change the skin that I am using ingame, the player model becomes a solid color and stays that way until the next play session. The mods I used are below:
https://github.com/minetest-technic/datastorage-datastorage
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3933-unified_inventory
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9807-u_skins
Yes, player_textures was removed from Carbone at the time.


3d_armor and wieldview probably don't support your skins mod.
 

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom
 

User avatar
oleastre
Member
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 21:39
GitHub: oleastre
In-game: oleastre

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by oleastre » Wed Aug 13, 2014 22:41

I found it sometimes hard to find some specific ores.

So, I created a mod, only tested with carbone (uses carbone pick and ores definitions), to overcome this problem.

It let's you create some "runes" that helps you finding specific ores by showing your a way to the nearest ore of a given type.

Example:
Image

Source: https://github.com/oleastre/runes

If you find it interesting to include into carbone I will be happy.
Otherwise, I can release it as a standalone mod.
 

User avatar
Topywo
Member
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 20:27

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Topywo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 08:58

oleastre wrote:I found it sometimes hard to find some specific ores.

So, I created a mod, only tested with carbone (uses carbone pick and ores definitions), to overcome this problem.

It let's you create some "runes" that helps you finding specific ores by showing your a way to the nearest ore of a given type.

If you find it interesting to include into carbone I will be happy.
Otherwise, I can release it as a standalone mod.


Reminds me of randomproofs mineral detector, a mod you might like:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=615
 

User avatar
Cryterion
Member
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 08:12
Location: Durban, South Africa
GitHub: Cryterion
IRC: Cryterion
In-game: Cryterion

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Cryterion » Thu Aug 14, 2014 09:10

Small bug fix request!

line 1744 in /default/nodes.lua needs to be commented out the locked_furnace_abm as has already been done for the normal furnace (line 1794)
To prevent server crash if there is no space in the dst slots for a new item.
No trees or animals were hurt in the production of this message. However, a large number of Electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Calinou » Thu Aug 14, 2014 09:53

oleastre wrote:I found it sometimes hard to find some specific ores.

So, I created a mod, only tested with carbone (uses carbone pick and ores definitions), to overcome this problem.

It let's you create some "runes" that helps you finding specific ores by showing your a way to the nearest ore of a given type.

Example:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oleastre/runes/master/doc/miners_rune.png

Source: https://github.com/oleastre/runes

If you find it interesting to include into carbone I will be happy.
Otherwise, I can release it as a standalone mod.


Interesting. :)

Feel free to release it as a standalone mod, even though I may eventually implement it in Carbone (but not right now, as it needs tweaking, balancing and better textures).

Or I could just fix and add randomproof's mineral detector.
 

User avatar
lightonflux
Member
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 07:22
Location: Germany
In-game: lof

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by lightonflux » Fri Aug 15, 2014 17:18

Could you include BlockMens beds rewrite? It is much more reliable and makes double beds look nice. at the moment, there are not coloured beds (only red) as far as i know. But you don't drop to the first floor if you wake up on the second like with pilzadams mod.
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Calinou » Fri Aug 15, 2014 19:14

lightonflux wrote:Could you include BlockMens beds rewrite? It is much more reliable and makes double beds look nice. at the moment, there are not coloured beds (only red) as far as i know. But you don't drop to the first floor if you wake up on the second like with pilzadams mod.


I'd rather only cherry-pick the fixes to make it work reliably. I don't like the blocking formspec and Minecraft-like look.
 

Danfun64
Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 01:22

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Danfun64 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 00:49

I really like this game. As the thread title says, it's truly "an improvement to minetest_game". I was able to remove half of my mods because they have been implemented here, and better at that (hitting a mob causes them to jump like minecraft, which IMO makes it feel more lively.)

My only real complaint is the death sound used. For a fairly wholesome game, why did you pick Open Arena's gibbing sound? It doesn't fit at all!

I think this sound from Red Eclipse fits the mood of the game much better.
 

User avatar
Minetestforfun
Member
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 14:09
Location: On earth
GitHub: Darcidride
IRC: Darcidride + MinetestForFun
In-game: Darcidride + MinetestForFun

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Minetestforfun » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:53

Congratulations Calinou, thank you for your work, we can now drive boats without problems ! (https://gitorious.org/calinou/carbone/c ... 1145ec956d)

Bravo Calinou d'avoir enfin pu rendre les bateaux agréable à conduire !
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Calinou » Wed Aug 20, 2014 14:52

Danfun64 wrote:I really like this game. As the thread title says, it's truly "an improvement to minetest_game". I was able to remove half of my mods because they have been implemented here, and better at that (hitting a mob causes them to jump like minecraft, which IMO makes it feel more lively.)

My only real complaint is the death sound used. For a fairly wholesome game, why did you pick Open Arena's gibbing sound? It doesn't fit at all!

I think this sound from Red Eclipse fits the mood of the game much better.


The player isn't a robot and the death sound must remain gender-neutral.
 

Danfun64
Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 01:22

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Danfun64 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 15:46

No, the player is not a robot, but then again, the player's death isn't gory either.

The sound I picked was at one extreme, yours is on the other. Can you think of a better sound which fits the theme of the game?
 

User avatar
Minetestforfun
Member
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 14:09
Location: On earth
GitHub: Darcidride
IRC: Darcidride + MinetestForFun
In-game: Darcidride + MinetestForFun

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Minetestforfun » Wed Aug 20, 2014 23:12

Salut Calinou,
Je te propose de résoudre un problème en suivant ce topic : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9960

---

Hi Calinou,
I suggest you solve a problem by following this topic :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9960
 

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Inocudom » Tue Aug 26, 2014 15:01

Callinou, would you be kind as to post a topic concerning this sub-game in the forums of Freeminer?
The comedic value of my videos is how abysmal they are: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cyeM ... YTfYFlih_A
 

shaheerziya
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 06:57
Location: Pakistan

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by shaheerziya » Tue Aug 26, 2014 15:48

Yeah!
I always wanted mobs in mintest.
ow about screenshots?(of mobs)
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Calinou » Tue Aug 26, 2014 16:42

shaheerziya wrote:Yeah!
I always wanted mobs in mintest.
ow about screenshots?(of mobs)


I only have a screenshot of a tree monster around:
Image
 

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Inocudom » Wed Aug 27, 2014 05:18

If you are intending for this sub-game to have a classical look to it, then the following might be of interest to you:
https://github.com/sfan5/minetest/tree/mapgenv5
Of course, mapgen v5 would have to be re-added to Minetest first (and updated.)
The comedic value of my videos is how abysmal they are: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cyeM ... YTfYFlih_A
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Calinou » Thu Aug 28, 2014 15:03

Inocudom wrote:If you are intending for this sub-game to have a classical look to it, then the following might be of interest to you:
https://github.com/sfan5/minetest/tree/mapgenv5
Of course, mapgen v5 would have to be re-added to Minetest first (and updated.)


I think I will keep mapgen v6 as default.
 

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Inocudom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 18:28

Calinou wrote:
Danfun64 wrote:I really like this game. As the thread title says, it's truly "an improvement to minetest_game". I was able to remove half of my mods because they have been implemented here, and better at that (hitting a mob causes them to jump like minecraft, which IMO makes it feel more lively.)

My only real complaint is the death sound used. For a fairly wholesome game, why did you pick Open Arena's gibbing sound? It doesn't fit at all!

I think this sound from Red Eclipse fits the mood of the game much better.


The player isn't a robot and the death sound must remain gender-neutral.

Callinou, the link below might provide the solution to your dilemna concerning player death and player injury sound effects:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10013
Just uploaded those sound effects today.
The comedic value of my videos is how abysmal they are: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cyeM ... YTfYFlih_A
 

User avatar
Linuxdirk
Member
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:21
Location: Germany
In-game: Linuxdirk

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Linuxdirk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:26

Just installed Minetest, tried some things out for a few days and just installed Carbone and set up a world with it and just after not even two minutes of walking around I found this …

Image

I learned that Nyan Cats are very rare, so … how common is this with Carbone? :)
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Calinou » Wed Sep 17, 2014 16:34

Linuxdirk wrote:Just installed Minetest, tried some things out for a few days and just installed Carbone and set up a world with it and just after not even two minutes of walking around I found this …

Image

I learned that Nyan Cats are very rare, so … how common is this with Carbone? :)


Carbone makes them spawn at any altitude (unlike minetest_game where they only spawn below sea level, so mostly underground), they are also slightly more common.
 

User avatar
Linuxdirk
Member
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:21
Location: Germany
In-game: Linuxdirk

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – an improvement to minetest_ga

by Linuxdirk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 14:26

I just started another world (still testing things out) and found two more a few blocks away from spawn :)

It’s actually pretty great to have Carbone. It feels very balanced and complex. Is there a list of features added by all the mods or do we need to check the features and crafting recipes for each mod individually?
 

PreviousNext

Return to Old Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest