red-001
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

Re: Client mod requests / ideas

by red-001 » Post

mini wrote:
red-001 wrote:I already ported the original ambience mod
Where can i download the port?
take a look at https://github.com/red-001/ambience or https://github.com/red-001/MinetestAmbience. Copy the files in /sounds to your soundpack. I'm not really happy with either. I tried to write an ambience mod designed for CSM but due to some strange issues I ran into I put that project on halt.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Could I have a CSM that shows how many nodes/punches a tool has left (Shown in description and/or/not in the name?
For example: Diamond sword [7] (About to break)
Maybe support for stu's 3d_armor mod also? Showing how many hits it has left before breaking?
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Could I have a CSM that shows how many nodes/punches a tool has left (Shown in description and/or/not in the name?
Maybe support for stu's 3d_armor mod also? Showing how many hits it has left before breaking?
That's a good idea! But the information can only be shown in chat yet.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

the_raven_262
GitHub: theraven262
IRC: [Discord unfortunately] corvus262

by the_raven_262 » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Could I have a CSM that shows how many nodes/punches a tool has left (Shown in description and/or/not in the name?
It can be done in an ordinary mod using an override.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Ok I'll ask the server admin and see if he'd like that too
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Could someone make a clientmod that allows you to search for itemstrings? For example:
.search:mese
This cmd would print out a list of all itemstrings with the word: 'mese' in it.
This would be VERY useful for anyone with the 'give' priv who wants to get a special itemstring or something. Like In a server with jp's xdecor mod it took me FOREVER to find the itemstring for an enchanted sword xD (I was thinking I could make it sharper than 8% Guess you can't)
EDIT: It's possible to list the itemstrings from other mods right?

TalkLounge
GitHub: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

by TalkLounge » Post

Could I have a CSM that shows how many nodes/punches a tool has left (Shown in description and/or/not in the name?
You can´t do this because you didn´t get the wear of an item with the CSM api. :)
There is a chest_inspect CSM, how about a player inspect? So I can see what a player has on them.
You can´t get an other player inventory with the CSM api.
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

TalkLounge wrote:
You can´t do this because you didn´t get the wear of an item with the CSM api. :)
What do you mean by: didn't get the wear of an item? The inspect CSM tells you the percentage of a tools' wear.

TalkLounge

by TalkLounge » Post

What do you mean by: didn't get the wear of an item? The inspect CSM tells you the percentage of a tools' wear.
Can you tell me the exact api, how to do this?
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

TalkLounge wrote:
Can you tell me the exact api, how to do this?
Go look at the mod maybe? I'm not sure how they did it xD

TalkLounge

by TalkLounge » Post

What for an Mod? xd

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

TalkLounge wrote:
What for an Mod? xd
Client Side Mod

TalkLounge

by TalkLounge » Post

Yes, I have looked for the API. It isn´t doable.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

TalkLounge wrote:Yes, I have looked for the API. It isn´t doable.
I knew that already xD
The inspect cmd is good enough for me and I've asked the admin of the server I frequent to make the change. Haven't got an answer yet but I know he read it xD

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

CSM requests
1. A clientmod that converts all foreign languages into english/your selected language (Example: .language english).

2. A clientmod that allows you to copy & select chat from the console window (f10).

3. This mod turned into a csm?

bigfoot
GitHub: bigfoot547
IRC: bigfoot547 or bigfoot
In-game: bigfoot547 or bigfoot

by bigfoot » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:3. This mod turned into a csm?
That will be possible when #6067 is merged.

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

by christoferlevich » Post

Though I've posted about this elsewhere, I would like to develop a client side mod that can call os.events - or - basically, I want to embed http links into signs and/or node (when punched) that will open the default browser of the computer and take the player to a specific site/page.

I want to do this to assist in creating a viable function for an educational version of Minetest. While educational software is always weighed down by requirements to be - well - educational... it is easier to run a student through a few paragraphs of text, followed by a quick quiz - all of which can be tracked with the right management (google suites for example) - give them a password for a locked door or chest - and return them to the game - then it is to build all that into a minetest mod...

What other uses could there be? Servers could link directly to forums for feedback... quest makers could incorporate story telling using other technologies like flash... and once its started, the possibilities are endless.

There may be security concerns - and they may be justified - but there's gotta be a way to make it all happen. :)
everything can be a learning experience...

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

christoferlevich wrote:Though I've posted about this elsewhere, I would like to develop a client side mod that can call os.events - or - basically, I want to embed http links into signs and/or node (when punched) that will open the default browser of the computer and take the player to a specific site/page.

I want to do this to assist in creating a viable function for an educational version of Minetest. While educational software is always weighed down by requirements to be - well - educational... it is easier to run a student through a few paragraphs of text, followed by a quick quiz - all of which can be tracked with the right management (google suites for example) - give them a password for a locked door or chest - and return them to the game - then it is to build all that into a minetest mod...

What other uses could there be? Servers could link directly to forums for feedback... quest makers could incorporate story telling using other technologies like flash... and once its started, the possibilities are endless.

There may be security concerns - and they may be justified - but there's gotta be a way to make it all happen. :)
Is that possible as a CSM? Or did I misread?

lisacvuk
GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk

by lisacvuk » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
christoferlevich wrote:Though I've posted about this elsewhere, I would like to develop a client side mod that can call os.events - or - basically, I want to embed http links into signs and/or node (when punched) that will open the default browser of the computer and take the player to a specific site/page.

Is that possible as a CSM? Or did I misread?
It is not. Whole os module is blacklisted.
It's lisac, not lisa.
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
Administrator on Craig's server. Minetest player.
"The enemy pales when they see the face of Dazzle!" ~ Dazzle obviously.
I live in Serbia.
Steam | OpenDOTA
My mods:
Tool ranks
I appreciate donations in TF2 items. :)

christoferlevich

I've heard it's impossible but maybe using something like this is pointing to a possible solution? [url]viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15161[url]

lisacvuk

by lisacvuk » Post

christoferlevich wrote:I've heard it's impossible but maybe using something like this is pointing to a possible solution? [url]viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15161[url]
I don't see how the two are related. That is a simple web portal connected to mod; it opens no webpages clientside.
It's lisac, not lisa.
I live in Serbia.
Steam | OpenDOTA
My mods:
Tool ranks

christoferlevich

But if it has two way communication to a website I was thinking that might give me a clue. I am still very green at all of this.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Minetest forums in game would be kinda cool actually...

hajo

by hajo » Post

christoferlevich wrote:I want to embed http links into signs and/or node (when punched)
run a student through a few paragraphs of text, followed by a quick quiz ..
give them a password for a locked door or chest - and return them to the game
Servers could link directly to forums for feedback...
There is a wiki-mod, that allows ingame webpages (kind of - it supports only text).

To give/share/exchange private infos, use mailboxes (eg. from xdecor) and books / keys.

Also, there is a display-modpack that gives you posters to put longer texts on walls,
as well as roadsigns and ingame clocks.

Seen on the 'swiss' servers.

lisacvuk

by lisacvuk » Post

There is a wiki-mod, that allows ingame webpages (kind of - it supports only text).
Those aren't webpages; they are simple text files. "A web page, or webpage, is a document that is suitable for the World Wide Web and web browsers.".
It's lisac, not lisa.
I live in Serbia.
Steam | OpenDOTA
My mods:
Tool ranks