[ClientMod] Who plus [who_plus]

red-001
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

[ClientMod] Who plus [who_plus]

by red-001 » Post

A simple mod for listing player and carrying out some basic moderator actions, based on the existing "csm_who" mod by tjnenrtn
Usage
Use the .who chatcommand to display the formspec, then select a player from the list to see a list of actions
Get
Github: https://github.com/red-001/csm_who_plus/
Download: https://github.com/red-001/csm_who_plus ... master.zip

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

Re: [ClientMod] Who plus [who_plus]

by Desour » Post

More buttons would be nice, eg. a teleport button. Also a way to add custom buttons would be very good.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Post

Yes ... I'll do something like this for a mod that will be called "Minetest teacher Tool". Every improvement here will be good for me, too.

A question ... it is called a client side mod ... but can I use it as a mod installed on a server, too that every admin can use it?

red-001
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

by red-001 » Post

No sadly there isn't a way to send client-sided mods to clients from the server, if you want to do that you could modify the mod to be a server-sided mod

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Hmmm, well then I need to understand what is the difference between a CSM and a SSM.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

BirgitLachner wrote: Hmmm, well then I need to understand what is the difference between a CSM and a SSM.
For your purpose a "normal" server side mod would probably be better suited. Client-side mods can't do all the things a server-side mod might do. The advantage of client-side mods is that you are independent of the server. Still, you can save the time to design your own formspec. There are not that many adjustments needed.

I'll attach a modified copy of this mod that can be run server-side. It's more a demonstration of how you can do it than a working mod - kick and ban won't do anything as I didn't check how those would have to be implemented. Hopefully this will give you an idea of how these lists can be handled in chat commands.
Attachments
init.lua.gz
(1.89 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
A list of my mods can be found here.

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Thanks a lot ... I'll have a look at it.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Cool! That looks a bit similar to the /who command on my server :)

It shows the player skin, rank, how long they've been online and whether they are active, idle, or dead. For moderators, options are added for jail and kick. The server operator has the ability to view many other statistics such as health, hunger, location, etc. :)

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

this is nice!
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368