How to install a Client-side Mod

Delta-Fox
In-game: Delta-Fox

Re: How to install a Client-side Mod

by Delta-Fox » Post

can someone tell me how to set the colour? in .help all it says to enter it like .set_colour [<colour1>] [<colour2>] but is the colour for black is it "black" "0,0,0" or "#000000" or is their another way to do it?

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Delta-Fox wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 00:22
can someone tell me how to set the colour? in .help all it says to enter it like .set_colour [<colour1>] [<colour2>] but is the colour for black is it "black" "0,0,0" or "#000000" or is their another way to do it?
I assume you're trying to use colour chat? Here's an excerpt from the README:

Code: Select all

Use
.set_colour
    to set the colour of chat sent to the server, you can
    use either HTML named colours or HTML hexdecimal colour
    codes.
So that would be "red" and "#000000" and probably nothing else.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Delta-Fox
In-game: Delta-Fox

by Delta-Fox » Post

ok thanks

botch
IRC: Botch
In-game: botch

by botch » Post

EDIT: This is pertaining to downloadable content through the client, not necessarily a downloaded mod. Any direction or reference to the correct subject/catagory would be greatly appreciated.

Just a quick question, one of my favorite mods is by Sokomine and shows up as content through the Minetest game version 5.1, but does not show up as an option for version 5.4 . Is there something that needs to be updated/added/changed?

https://content.minetest.net/packages/S ... _villages/

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

botch wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 22:02
EDIT: This is pertaining to downloadable content through the client, not necessarily a downloaded mod. Any direction or reference to the correct subject/catagory would be greatly appreciated.

Just a quick question, one of my favorite mods is by Sokomine and shows up as content through the Minetest game version 5.1, but does not show up as an option for version 5.4 . Is there something that needs to be updated/added/changed?

https://content.minetest.net/packages/S ... _villages/
Firstly, that's a server-side mod, not a client-side mod. Should have posted in Modding Discussion or Problems. Secondly, looks like it is specifically marked in ContentDB as Minetest <= (less than or equal to) 5.2 by the author. That doesn't mean it's necessarily incompatible, but the author did specify that when uploading the latest version onto ContentDB. You could try manually downloading the mod from the ContentDB website and unzipping it into your mod folder to see if it works regardless. If it works fine after a lot of testing, see if you can get in contact with the author to mark their package as 5.4-compatible.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂