[csm] Location markers [locations_markers_csm]

matyilona200

GitHub: matyilona

[csm] Location markers [locations_markers_csm]

by matyilona200 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 14:09

Adds location markers to the HUD. These always point in the direction of the location they mark. To work properly, the locations_markers_csm_textures directory has to be installed as a texturepack, as suggested here.

New points can be added by pressing W+S+LMB, the visibility of all markers can be toggled by A+D+LMB.
The button in the middle adds a marker to the current position, the arrows change the marker style, the button on the top change the color.
The three little crosses (left lower corner) delete all markers, the large one (right lower corner) deletes all markers in a 3 meter radius.

It is available on github

Screenshots:

TODO:
  • Eliminate all hardcoded numbers, add them as settings (per marker or global)
  • Adding markers for a specified location
  • List of all markers to delete/toggle visibility/edit them one-by-one

This is my first attempt at a csm, it might have very trivial issues that I did not catch.
Attachments
screenshot_20190628_155709.png
Formspec for adding markers
(224.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20190628_155703.png
Markers on screen
(307.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [csm] Location markers [locations_markers_csm]

by Sokomine » Tue Jul 16, 2019 23:42

From how far away can the location markers be seen? Might be intresting to add distance and perhaps a name (optional?). Players getting lost and not finding back to their home in their first world sadly still happens. Those won't profit from this mod as they most certainly will not be aware of it. But the mod could be helpful in other cases.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Return to Client-side modding