Crop Problems

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

Crop Problems

by Chibi ghost » Post

right first things first it's the issue I was complaining about on the minetest 14.15 thread
it's back in fact it returns each time I harvest either my wheat or/and cotton
KCoombes wrote:
Chibi ghost wrote:
sofar wrote:If plants are not growing at all (e.g. a whole day without going through a growth phase) then you can try re-arming the nodetimers for all plants:

1) shutdown the server
2) on the server, edit `env_meta.txt`, and remove the entire line that starts with `lbm_introduction_times = `
3) start the server again
okay I have some learning issues so please bear with me I think this is the file so please high light the area in bold for me to delete thank you
day_count = 176
game_time = 172768
last_clear_objects_time = 0
lbm_introduction_times = :doors:replace_doors_door_glass~0;:doors:replace_doors_door_obsidian_glass~0;:doors:replace_doors_door_steel~0;:doors:replace_doors_door_wood~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door10~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door11~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door12~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door13~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door1_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door2_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door3~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door4~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door5~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door6_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door7_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door8_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_castle_doors_door9~0;:doors:replace_my_cottage_doors_door1_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_cottage_doors_door2~0;:doors:replace_my_default_doors_door1_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_default_doors_door2_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_default_doors_door3_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_default_doors_door4_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_default_doors_door5_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_fancy_doors_door1_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_fancy_doors_door2~0;:doors:replace_my_fancy_doors_door3~0;:doors:replace_my_fancy_doors_door4_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_fancy_doors_door5_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_fancy_doors_door6_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_fancy_doors_door7_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_fancy_doors_door8_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_hidden_doors_hidden_door_grey~0;:doors:replace_my_hidden_doors_hidden_doorbookshelf~0;:doors:replace_my_hidden_doors_hidden_doorbrick~0;:doors:replace_my_hidden_doors_hidden_doorchest~0;:doors:replace_my_hidden_doors_hidden_doorcobble~0;:doors:replace_my_hidden_doors_hidden_doordesert_cobble~0;:doors:replace_my_hidden_doors_hidden_doorfurnace~0;:doors:replace_my_hidden_doors_hidden_doorstone~0;:doors:replace_my_hidden_doors_hidden_doorstone_brick~0;:doors:replace_my_hidden_doors_hidden_doorwood~0;:doors:replace_my_misc_doors_door1~0;:doors:replace_my_misc_doors_door2~0;:doors:replace_my_misc_doors_door3_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_misc_doors_door4_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_misc_doors_door5~0;:doors:replace_my_old_doors_door1_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_old_doors_door2_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_old_doors_door3_locked~0;:doors:replace_my_old_doors_door4_locked~0;:doors:replace_doors_japanese_door~6153;:doors:replace_doors_prison_door~6153;:doors:replace_doors_rusty_prison_door~6153;:doors:replace_doors_screen_door~6153;:doors:replace_doors_slide_door~6153;:doors:replace_doors_woodglass_door~6153;fishing:remove_sandy~33115;:farming:start_nodetimer_cotton~81964;:farming:start_nodetimer_wheat~81964;default:3dtorch~81964;default:convert_saplings_to_node_timer~81964;xpanes:gen2~81964;:doors:replace_castle_jail_door~163850;:doors:replace_castle_oak_door~163850;moretrees:convert_existing_cocos_palms_to_regrow_coconuts~163850;moretrees:restart_coconut_regrow_timer~163850;moretrees:restart_dates_regrow_timer~163850;:agriculture:start_nodetimer_carrot~165258;:agriculture:start_nodetimer_corn~165258;:agriculture:start_nodetimer_strawberry~165258;:agriculture:start_nodetimer_sugar_beet~165258;:agriculture:start_nodetimer_tomato~165258;
lbm_introduction_times_version = 1
time_of_day = 8333
EnvArgsEnd
so I keep on deleting the text line to fix the issue now heres the rub it's irritating to repeatedly fix the same problem over and over again

now I was wondering if I created a new world on 04.15 and copy pasted the contents of env_ meta from this new world onto the file of my old world Planet ghost's env_meta if that would properly solve the issue or knacker my game

Chibi ghost

Re: Crop Problems

by Chibi ghost » Post

welp that didn't work

UlamTheLucky

by UlamTheLucky » Post

It too had this issue, started in 4.15, I'm currently running current git version of minetest and still had to empty out then env_meta.txt to get them restarted.
Discovered the problem is caused by farming_plus mod also being installed.

The really odd thing, once I disabled farming_plus. Any wheat planted while that mod was installed that didn't grow, would never grow. I had dig up the seeds and replant them. I presume cotton was the same.

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

so what to do wait for 4.16 to come out and see if the issue is solved
and wait till that point which is only next week to remove and try to reinstall

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

that was a bust but turning farming plus off for a short while until my wheat and cotton germinate
is less stressful than potentially breaking my game each time I open the environmental log

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

You could try Farming Redo as it uses a new growing routine entirely which works when player is away from farm or underground: viewtopic.php?t=9019

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

yes but the clean up of unknown nodes every where is going to be such a pain in the bottom
if I can find a clean up mod that works without programming knowledge

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

These are mod issues, either contact the authors or find someone who can fix these issues in the mods.

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

yes I know that now thanks
I found and stripped my word of plus and now am wrapping my head around redo