blocked loading on the definition of the nodes

R-One

blocked loading on the definition of the nodes

by R-One » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:41

Hello, I have a small problem.

I had fun making a custom game from minetest game that I modified, I integrate many mods (about a hundred).

But for some, I have a problem: when I run my game, the server does not start, it remains stuck on the loading bar "definition of the nodes", I activated the console, there is nothing of special writing.

Is there a way to have more information, or to make the logs more meaningful?

Thank you in advance !

Hume2

GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: blocked loading on the definition of the nodes

by Hume2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:13

Try to figure out which mod does it using binary division. Do you know what it is? Try removing about a half of the mods. If the error is still present, the problem is in the half you kept. Otherwise the problem is in the half you removed. Do the same with the problematic half. After doing that 6-7 times, you can figure out which mod it does.

When you are composing a huge game, it is good to add mods per parts, not all at once. Or at least add the stable mods first and then the less stable ones.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

R-One

by R-One » Tue Jul 09, 2019 17:01

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer ... I thought my post was going to go unanswered.

Alas, I know which mod blocks the load, there are even several ... but having no traces in the debug, I can not see where the error comes to advance on a resolution of the problem.

There must be a way to have a more talkative debug?

duane

GitHub: duane-r

by duane » Wed Jul 10, 2019 01:10

R-One wrote:There must be a way to have a more talkative debug?

As far as mods go, the only way is to add print statements to the mod -- in other words, to debug it. It's up to the mod programmer to decide how much information it outputs.
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.

R-One

by R-One » Wed Jul 10, 2019 05:15

duane wrote:As far as mods go, the only way is to add print statements to the mod -- in other words, to debug it. It's up to the mod programmer to decide how much information it outputs.

What is a little complicated is when the loading remains blocked without having really precise errors ...

The game I'm having fun building over a hundred mod, the integration of some have created clear mistakes that I managed to solve ... but here I find myself lost in front of a loading screen which blocks without errors.

CalebJ

GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Wed Jul 10, 2019 21:44

I'd recommend starting over, adding each mod one-by-one until that bug occurs. Then you can be able to tell which mod it is, and thus, remove that mod and the world should work (Assuming there is only one buggy mod).
If you want realism, you're in the wrong place. Get off your mobile.

Return to Problems