You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

Post Reply
User avatar
Festus1965
Member
Posts: 1858
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer
Location: Thailand ChiangMai
Contact:

You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

by Festus1965 » Post

You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.
I am pissed off,
just wanted to add LRV to the list,
as he absolutely misused his helper functions to delete posts that was NOT against the German privacy protection, as there is no any "link" to the real person.

But maybe soon I know it, when a letter from his lawyer will send a letter to me, HAS to offer the person complaining ! Then I know it.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

User avatar
Krock
Developer
Posts: 4602
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 07:48
GitHub: SmallJoker
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

by Krock » Post

Could you please elaborate the context; and what exactly has happened?
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

User avatar
Festus1965
Member
Posts: 1858
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer
Location: Thailand ChiangMai
Contact:

Re: You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

by Festus1965 » Post

LRV and me had on my English Server Thread an arguing about his ban from my server, where I posted several facts about his behavior and later also put together a lot of his similar actions further times,
that discussion went over 3 complete pages,

and LRV forced me by his misunderstood German privacy policy to delete all his names (nicks) and links to his personal site with the

arguing that all this posts will link to his privacy as also arguing about my banned page to have to delete this as sending me lawyer.

But nowhere is a link to his real name or address, and the IPs are just 3 Blocks and without exact time, so even typical research of officials might not be able to find him,
also to know and post the provider and the used IP-Blocks is easy to find offered in Internet about all provider in the world with the owned IP-Blocks

but he deleted this about 30 posts ...

and you are allowed to check my postbox, where he admitted this doing with reason.
But I will forward to you, better. (done)

So far ...
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

User avatar
Krock
Developer
Posts: 4602
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 07:48
GitHub: SmallJoker
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

by Krock » Post

I am not a lawyer but can tell that a server owner may exclude (i.e. ban) any player they want. As long no money from them is involved in this case, you seem to be totally in right for banning them.

Neither do I know or understand the reasons for this escalation, but for privacy-related matters, the Privacy policy should be consulted prior to any action. So either the law of Netherlands (VPS) or Finland (c55) applies here. Since both of you agreed to these terms, please ask a lawyer whether the removal of such information may be enforced.

What you did was some minimalist sort of data mining. Publishing too many of such results surely have upset him/them. However, websites are meant to be visited - they're public after all, right? In my opinion it's not appropriate to radically remove that many posts right away without consulting a secondary opinion beforehand, which would be from a forum moderator.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

User avatar
Festus1965
Member
Posts: 1858
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer
Location: Thailand ChiangMai
Contact:

Re: You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

by Festus1965 » Post

Nice,
but as there is now real name or address be posted or possible to find behind LRV I am and was inside the allowed rules of privacy as German aspect, as we both are ?

And what is your story helping me, as soon I will post all the facts again, he's still helper and might delete it again without moderator.

So what now ?
Should I send him a postcard to his real address now, with greetings from Thailand ?
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

User avatar
philipbenr
Member
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:56
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi
Location: United States

Re: You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

by philipbenr » Post

LRV has been informed that what he did was improper and an abuse of his helper status.

Your actions against any members of the moderator staff on your own server *should* have no bearing on what goes on in the forum, as you are the one hosting it and are responsible for it, just as moderators are only supposed to be responsible for forum interactions that are explicitly against the rules.

In regards to general etiquette (this is my own opinion, not saying this as a representative of the forum) please do not dox people. Private information should be kept private and not be made public. It can cause irreparable harm to people by malicious parties. Everyone should have a right to live life in privacy.

User avatar
Festus1965
Member
Posts: 1858
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer
Location: Thailand ChiangMai
Contact:

Re: You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

by Festus1965 » Post

philipbenr wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 01:03
LRV has been informed that what he did was improper and an abuse of his helper status.
Well, GOOD to know - thanks.
philipbenr wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 01:03
Private information should be kept private and not be made public. It can cause irreparable harm to people by malicious parties. Everyone should have a right to live life in privacy.
I never did it, and will not do, as I know the rules. I teach that 20 years ago in German Army.

To send him a privately and real paper postcard is NOT a violation to this.
But as he is silent now about that case, or deleting posts I think this is not needed to do even anymore.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

User avatar
Linuxdirk
Member
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:21
In-game: Linuxdirk
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

by Linuxdirk » Post

philipbenr wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 01:03
LRV has been informed that what he did was improper and an abuse of his helper status.
People abusing their administrative permissions (of any kind) for personal issues should be removed from the staff immediately because it shows the mindset of that person and WILL lead to another abuse of permission for personal issues in the future.

User avatar
philipbenr
Member
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:56
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi
Location: United States

Re: You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

by philipbenr » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 09:40
philipbenr wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 01:03
LRV has been informed that what he did was improper and an abuse of his helper status.
People abusing their administrative permissions (of any kind) for personal issues should be removed from the staff immediately because it shows the mindset of that person and WILL lead to another abuse of permission for personal issues in the future.
I I understand your point of view, and I agree to a large extent. However, that is not my decision to make. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Also to address the original post, I think that forum helpers being block-able or added as a foe or whatever is perfectly fine, but I don't think admin/moderators should be addable to foes list. Us helpers are supposed to be forum janitors, not jurors, and that doesn't really entail anything that should warrant require us to be unblockable.

User avatar
Festus1965
Member
Posts: 1858
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer
Location: Thailand ChiangMai
Contact:

You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list.

by Festus1965 » Post

However:
* LRV is still helper, (local 4.5. 7:25)
and as You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list,
* I still can't set LRV as Helper to foe,
as Helpers might NOT be admins or mods as suggested.
However, there is a miss-configuration ...
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests