Choose a texture pack under several resolutions

Horka
GitHub: Clemstriangular
In-game: Horka

Choose a texture pack under several resolutions

by Horka » Post

Hi everyone, I don't know who to address this to.
So, I created a texture pack that is on Content DB in two resolutions, 1024px or 512px, which I may also add in 256px later on.
I placed these different resolutions in different versions of my texture pack on Content DB, so people are forced to select the version they want based on the desired resolution.
Moreover, when downloading directly from Minetest, you cannot choose the version (It automatically selects the latest version I have published.)
I am therefore asking the developers if this is possible in a future version, and this would solve the problem:
To make it so that when we press download the texture pack, it offers us the resolution under which we want to download it or under which version of Content DB.
This would be very convenient for people who do not download on Content DB.
Maybe also make the same update on Content DB to make things easier and so that everyone understands (Newcomers may not go to Content DB and do not know that there are versions at the bottom of the page)
Being myself new it's something that I will find logical to do.
Thank you for listening and I hope you understand my concern.
Thank you again.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: Choose a texture pack under several resolutions

by rubenwardy » Post

The way to do this is by having multiple packages on ContentDB, one for each resolution. For example, "Realistic 1024px" and "Realistic 512px"

Adding a dropdown would add extra complexity and take time to implement. I'm the only person working on ContentDB and my time is limited
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Horka

by Horka » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 20:47
The way to do this is by having multiple packages on ContentDB, one for each resolution. For example, "Realistic 1024px" and "Realistic 512px"

Adding a dropdown would add extra complexity and take time to implement. I'm the only person working on ContentDB and my time is limited
Ok thanks, great idea I hadn't thought of that! But I find the thing a little more complex than with my idea. 🥲
But I completely understand you, thank you for your answer.

Horka

by Horka » Post

Otherwise, nothing to do, do you know when minetest 5.7 is coming?
THANKS.