Motion not fluid

RGA
GitHub: RetroGamingArena
IRC: RGA

Motion not fluid

by RGA » Post

I don't know if it's a known problem or a bug, but I have issues to move in MacOS. (I am running minetest from my IDE)

The problem is that the player is moving slowly a start, as if some part of the world loading is blocking (but maybe it's not the cause, it's a quick analysis). For instance, if I move the mouse to turn, at some point it become blocked, and then the move continue.

Also mouse move can be blocked when I am jumping at the same time.

(Maybe it's not clear, but it's not an easy problem to explain)

I've tested with the release of minetest and I don't seem to meet that problem. So maybe I forgot some configurations file in my working copy, I will check it.

Topywo

Re: Motion not fluid

by Topywo » Post

First thing that comes to my mind is low FPS? When you're walking between a lot of buildings or Jungletrees?
- Check if you enabled full view with the 'r'-key
- in/decrease your view distance with + and -

jin_xi

by jin_xi » Post

maybe your IDE builds debug builds, which are not very optimized. also be aware that in a fresh world map generation is running along

RGA
GitHub: RetroGamingArena
IRC: RGA

by RGA » Post

My project was not well configured, and the game was slow because I didn't put the shaders file. No it's a lot better.

But my move problem is still there, blocking sometimes, it doesn't seems to be a speed problem. I'm playing with a trackpad and not a mouse, I don't know if it can by related.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Have your confirmed you are getting Release builds? Xcode defaults to Debug builds as Jin said.

Hiradur

by Hiradur » Post

I suffer from this as well, both on Windows and Linux. It is related to frame time jitter. You can check current jitter in debug menu.