Installing mods is too complicated for me

Lizzy

Installing mods is too complicated for me

by Lizzy » Post

Hi there,

I tried Minetest but installing mods is too complicated for me. I have a lot errors and 90% of mobs dosen't work. it's same difficulties in subgames. It's impossible to install mods without errors or what? So, I give up Minetest. Another problem, I don't want to play in Minecraft anymore because skins won't change and it's very frustrating and totally stupid. I'm alone with a lot difficulties?

My presentation is in french forum.

Thanks in advance.

bdjnk
GitHub: bdjnk

Re: Installing mods is too complicated for me

by bdjnk » Post

I also found the process confusing at first. This might help: http://dev.minetest.net/Installing_Mods

If you simply want to play, find an appealing server.

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I want to make a private server and my girlfriend wants to play with me but I need to import some maps from Minecraft 1.8.4. Private servers, you don't need rules.

Why we can't add mobs individually? Personnally, I need for Minetest: pigs, sheeps, chicken, cows, rabbits, horses, ocelot, wolves, zombies, spiders, creepers, skeletons, witches, endermen (need to farm this) and nether mobs in nether (gasts, blazes (blaze sticks for potions), pigmen, etc). I also need a complete hud (hunger, life and armor), armors, swords, a bow + arrows, a rod, a minimap + way point markers, a compass, a enchantment table, a brewing stand, a cauldron, a anvil, a end portal, a nether portal, obsidian, diamonds, redstone, TNT, the ender dragon, other bosses and that's it.

A ocelot can become a cat and a wolve can become a dog in Minecraft.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Lizzy wrote:pigs, sheeps, chicken, cows, rabbits, horses, ocelot, wolves, zombies, spiders, creepers, skeletons, witches, endermen (need to farm this) and nether mobs in nether (gasts, blazes (blaze sticks for potions), pigmen, etc). I also need a complete hud (hunger, life and armor), armors, swords, a bow + arrows, a rod, a minimap + way point markers, a compass, a enchantment table, a brewing stand, a cauldron, a anvil, a end portal, a nether portal, obsidian, diamonds, redstone, TNT, the ender dragon, other bosses and that's it.
Minetest is not Minecraft but there are many mobs and some weapon mods on this forum.
Naming conventions – read this if “mod doesn't work”
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

That's how I see Minetest, it's not my fault. How much dimensions Minetest have? The nether is a mod. I see Minetest a little bit different and much bigger than Minecraft but isn't the same for maps. I prefer average desert islands.

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

Lizzy wrote:How much dimensions Minetest have?
Three in space and one in time.

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

It's totally impossible to have all mobs installed correctly. Only sheeps works correctly. I give up Minetest because installing mods it's too frustrating and complicated. I have deleted Minecraft because skins won't change and it's very frustrating and totally stupid.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Minetest should have automatic fixing mechanisms to correct folder naming errors. Installing mods should be easy, but it's made more complicated by making sure they have the correct file names.

What do you mean all the mobs installed correctly? Do you mean mods? Are you tying to install Simple Mods and Animals Modpack at the same time?
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I have a lot errors ingame. Redo mobs 1.10 is the only one works correctly for add mobs but passive mobs are rare. I have seen only one sheep, only two cows, only 3 rabbits and only 4 chickens. At night, hostile mobs attacking me. I can do nothing with Minetest due to mobs and limited maps. I can't do my server with rare mobs and limited maps.

I don't like modding and I mod a game only if necessary (ex.: if the inventory is too small or if I can't play a old game without mods).

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Lizzy wrote: Why we can't add mobs individually? Personnally, I need for Minetest: pigs, sheeps, chicken, cows, rabbits, horses, ocelot, wolves, zombies, spiders, creepers, skeletons, witches, endermen (need to farm this) and nether mobs in nether (gasts, blazes (blaze sticks for potions), pigmen, etc).
TenPlus1' mobs mod ought to cover many of these, though not all. It's a good collection of diffrent, nice mobs, but it's not a copy of Minecraft.
Lizzy wrote: I also need a complete hud (hunger, life and armor), armors, swords, a bow + arrows,
There are some mods which cover that pretty well by now. Take a look at the server rnd's lab and see if you like it. It has many mods of that kind installed, and they work together pretty well. You can see the names of mods installed on a server if you type "/mods" in the chat window.
Lizzy wrote: rod, a minimap + way point markers, a compass,
A minimap can be compiled in, but it isn't very convincing, and the way of applying that patch may exceed your knowledge. Most people create full overview maps of their world and look at those in a seperate window. Long-distance travel is done by diffrent kinds of teleportation mods, i.e. my travelnet mod. Though that may not fit into a fantasy world (it's a telephone booth after all).
Lizzy wrote: a enchantment table, a brewing stand, a cauldron,
4aiman wanted to do something in the direction of magic. I don't know how far he got.
Lizzy wrote: a anvil, a end portal, a nether portal, obsidian, diamonds, redstone, TNT, the ender dragon, other bosses and that's it.
My cottages mod provides an anvil. It can be used for repairing tools. There's also a nether mod. I have no idea what an end portal is good for. Diamond mods exist in multitude. Instead of redstone, take mesecons. TNT is even part of the default game.
Lizzy wrote: I have a lot errors ingame. Redo mobs 1.10 is the only one works correctly for add mobs but passive mobs are rare. I have seen only one sheep, only two cows, only 3 rabbits and only 4 chickens. At night, hostile mobs attacking me. I can do nothing with Minetest due to mobs and limited maps. I can't do my server with rare mobs and limited maps.
Passive mobs are not that rare. If you wait for some time, enough of them will show up. Just don't kill them at sight...Hostile mobs can be disabled if you don't like them. How that can be achieved depends on the mob mod, and the best way to ask for it is in the thread for the individual mod.
Lizzy wrote: I don't like modding and I mod a game only if necessary (ex.: if the inventory is too small or if I can't play a old game without mods).
Even the basic game, Minetest Game, is just a collection of mods that have been designed so that they work together well. Mods are the base of the game, and combining mods in such a way so that you like your world is Minetests' major strength (apart from running on slower hardware). You can also create mods easily or change existing ones.

Please also keep in mind that although this does look very similar to Minecraft - it isn't. It doesn't aim to be a perfect copy of that game. If you do like Minecraft more, stay with that game. .Minetest is based on mods and on changing the game whenever you wish to.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I see Minetest a little bit different, with more dimensions and much bigger than Minecraft. But for maps I prefer average desert islands. I don't kill passive mobs at sight and sometimes I farm hostile mobs (ex.: for gun powder for TNT, blaze sticks for fire resistance potions, food, etc).

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Lizzy wrote: I see Minetest a little bit different, with more dimensions and much bigger than Minecraft. But for maps I prefer average desert islands.
Which mapgen do you prefer then? There are a lot of diffrent ones out there. Ethereal is pretty intresting, and may even fit well into a magical world. Building is admittedly easier if there's not too much nature around.
Lizzy wrote: I don't kill passive mobs at sight and sometimes I farm hostile mobs (ex.: for gun powder for TNT, blaze sticks for fire resistance potions, food, etc).
Hm :-) But those hostile mobs try to kill you...wish they'd learn to run away from a player or behave more friendly :-) Sometimes, they literally just run into your sword...

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I need these maps

http://www.minecraftmaps.com/survival-maps/crusoe Crusoe
http://www.minecraftmaps.com/survival-m ... ewdownload Conquistadors
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... sland-v3-2 Monte Major 3.2

I can't play with these maps in Minecraft cuz is too laggy.

When I tried the redo mod, hostile mods killed me. Mothafuckas! XD

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Lizzy wrote:I need these maps.
Here's a great tutorial, showing you how to convert the maps:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6007
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Lizzy wrote: can't play with these maps in Minecraft cuz is too laggy.
There's a converter for maps somewhere. I don't know how well it works.

Maybe you're going to like AdventureTest or (perhaps) RealTest.

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I need a brewing stand but is not released at the moment.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Lizzy wrote: I need a brewing stand but is not released at the moment.
This is Minetest :-) You can create your own mods. It's not difficult!

As far as brewing goes, I saw at least one beer mod some time ago.

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I need Minecraft for create a brewing stand, right?

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

If you hate modding and want everything that is in Minecraft and nothing else, you may be missing the point. It sounds like you want Minecraft and not Minetest. Are you aware that you can run a private Minecraft server? Not trying to be hostile here; it's just that you seem to be working awfully hard to turn a game into something it's not, while ignoring its major features.

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I mod a game only if necessary (ex.: if the inventory is too small or if I can't play a old game without mods).

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

Slimes is a interested mod. ^^ A goat in Minetest? Cool I can have goat milk. ^^

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

you may want to study the mobs list on the wiki

also if you click on the "type" column header in the table on the wiki page called List of Subgames you will find a cluster of five subgames that list as MC-Clones. Some may be out of date but Minetestcraft, Mineclone and Clonecraft should work. None are complete clones but may serve as starting point for your own version. Not to forget https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10453

there is also the usefull "Search Minetest Mods" page that can be used to search for mods with the word Minecraft in the title http://nimg.pf-control.de/MTstuff/modSe ... =Minecraft

Also the threads "Minecraft Imported Maps" and "Converter Minecraft world to Minetest world" may be of interest.

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I'll watch it soon as possible. It's not easy because my girlfriend comes from Belgium at my home. Thanks guys. Thanks to Morn76 for his help and his subgame (this is what I needed). ^^

Be continued...

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

Morn76's subgame does not work for me. I give up Minetest and I don't want install mods one by one. Minetest is not accessible to everyone because of mods and should be more accessible. I don't have choice to find another game like Minetest and Minecraft.

I lost the only one possibility to play with my girlfriend.