Installing mods is too complicated for me

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

Re: Installing mods is too complicated for me

by Xanthin » Post

@ Lizzy and maikerumine: Thanks for the kind comments. I didn't expected some one would really look at it. :)

@ Morn76:
Morn76 wrote: Needs more cowbell! :-)
Ha, I don't get that. Maybe its something english language and/or TV specific? Both something I am not really familiar with.
But, bad guy, that gave me just another silly idea to play around. I look forward to the next sleepless nights. :D
Morn76 wrote: It's still buggy though: No actual lavender scent came out of my PC when I used the mod. :-)]
I am really not a programmer, it took me almost 2 days testing and going through the dev wiki and the credited sources to just get a tiny idea how to do that.
But I don't want to hijack Lizzy's topic for that and will open an own for it the next days (or we simply go through it in an issue at github).
Maybe I can learn some more from this. :)

A step more into the topic:
Lizzy wrote:I'm tired to loose my stuff when I get killed.
I know what you mean. Isn't it possible to just remove the dropondie mod from the games mod folder?

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I removed the dropondie mod, thanks Xanthin. Can I find a survival Island map for Minetest?

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

I have never used maps, but viewforum.php?f=12 should be the first good adress for your search. :)

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

Xanthin wrote:I have never used maps, but viewforum.php?f=12 should be the first good adress for your search. :)
Thanks. I found only 3 survival islands and I already have. Now it's time for a big war against guardians of the oceanic temples for killing me easily! XD

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Lizzy wrote:I'm tired to loose my stuff when I get killed. I don't have drop on die in minetest.conf
No dropondie is the mod that drops stuff when you, keepInventory=1 is what you should put in minetest.conf. Or simply delete the dropondie mod from the game, then you should also keep your inventory.

Edit: Oops, did not the intervening posts…

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

Oh is keepInventory, thanks for the hint. Guandians of oceanic temples must die for killing me easily. XD

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Xanthin wrote:
Morn76 wrote: Needs more cowbell! :-)
Ha, I don't get that. Maybe its something english language and/or TV specific? Both something I am not really familiar with.
But, bad guy, that gave me just another silly idea to play around. I look forward to the next sleepless nights. :D
That is from an old sketch on Saturday Night Live with Will Ferrell as a percussionist who goes crazy with a cowbell and Christopher Walken as a music producer who insists that the secret to a successful rock song is to "add more cowbell!" Americans love that skit; so do I, but I'm German too by the way. :-)

Knowyourmeme and Wikipedia have pages about this: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/needs-more-cowbell http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_cowbell
Morn76 wrote: It's still buggy though: No actual lavender scent came out of my PC when I used the mod. :-)]
And yes, that was supposed to be a joke. I added a smiley face, didn't I? :-)
Last edited by Morn76 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 23:37, edited 3 times in total.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Lizzy wrote:Oh is keepInventory, thanks for the hint. Guandians of oceanic temples must die for killing me easily. XD
Take some golden apples with you! :-)

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

@ Morn76: KeepInventory=1 or keepInventory=true dosen't work. How I'm supposed to keep my stuff when I get killed?

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Lizzy wrote:@ Morn76: KeepInventory=1 or keepInventory=true dosen't work. How I'm supposed to keep my stuff when I get killed?
If you deleted the dropondie mod from the game you shouldn't lose your stuff. Are you sure you deleted the right folder?

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I removed dropondie and it works. Is keepInventory=true not keepInventory=1. I want to make a private server but I have some questions.
Last edited by Lizzy on Wed Jun 03, 2015 23:36, edited 2 times in total.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Lizzy wrote:I removed dropondie and it works. Is keepInventory=true not keepInventory=1. I want to make a private server but I have some questions.
Ah ok. I was thinking C here, but of course Lua has true and false. Forgot about that.

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

In Minetest, you need a obsidian house otherwise the creepers can destroy it. I want to make a private server but I have some questions.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Lizzy wrote:I need mod for spiders
By the way, in minetest_game (and also in stampy game) you can get cotton (=string) from farming. Jungle grass drops cotton seed, the same way you obtain wheat seed from normal grass. Then you can craft e.g. bows from cotton/string. That is one reason I haven't put spiders in stampy game so far; you can get the string by farming.
Lizzy wrote:In Minetest, you need a obsidian house otherwise the creepers can destroy it.
I would suggest a lava-filled moat around the house. :-)

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

Or maybe a wall like the wall of China and even a security Obsidian gate. I have some ideas. Spider spawns only in night, right? Mobs don't burn in daylight. I started to farm mobs.

For my server I may need something? On my server, can I change the map when we finished a map?

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Lizzy wrote:Spider spawns only in night, right?
Do you mean the spider mod I linked to? They only spawn in jungles for some reason. Plus unlike in MC they can't climb walls. Epic spider fail. :-)
Lizzy wrote: Mobs don't burn in daylight.
They don't burn but take light damage and get killed in the sun eventually.
Lizzy wrote:For my server I may need something? On my server, can I change the map when we finished a map?
I'm not sure sure I understand. Of course you can change maps. Or what do you mean exactly?

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I just need my IP address and port 30000 or I need one more thing? I have 3 maps to play with my girlfriend and the 4th map is Conquistadors (sequel of Crusoe).

The map where I play is village, plains, desert, desert and desert for the moment. Before going into the jungle, I have to do sampling.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Lizzy wrote:I just need my IP address and port 30000 or I need one more thing?
That should be it I think. You might also need to check your firewall settings so that incoming traffic to port 30000 is allowed through.

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

Diamonds are hard to find. Port 30000 is already set, I think.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Lizzy wrote:Diamonds are hard to find..
You can edit mods\default\mapgen.lua if you want to make them more common (search for "stone_with_diamond"). Changes will only affect newly generated chunks though.
Lizzy wrote: Port 30000 is already set, I think.
OK. Do you want to play with someone on the same LAN or is the other player on the Internet somewhere? In the latter case, the firewall on the router probably also has to be told to let port 30000 pass through.

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

Morn76 wrote: You can edit mods\default\mapgen.lua if you want to make them more common (search for "stone_with_diamond"). Changes will only affect newly generated chunks though.
How I can do that?
Morn76 wrote: OK. Do you want to play with someone on the same LAN or is the other player on the Internet somewhere? In the latter case, the firewall on the router probably also has to be told to let port 30000 pass through.
Is a private server.

Can I add realmite, rupee, redstone and other ores?

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Lizzy wrote: How I can do that?
Lower clust_scarcity, e.g. clust_scarcity = 12*12*12 will get you one diamond cluster on average for every 12*12*12 blocks.
Lizzy wrote: Can I add realmite, rupee, redstone and other ores?
Yes, you would add those ores in mapgen.lua. E.g. I've added lapis and emerald ores in stampy game. You also need to add the new blocks to nodes.lua and add textures of course.

There is also a moreores mod you could use: viewtopic.php?p=3859

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

Morn76 wrote: Lower clust_scarcity, e.g. clust_scarcity = 12*12*12 will get you one diamond cluster on average for every 12*12*12 blocks.
I understand nothing, sorry.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Lizzy wrote:
Morn76 wrote: Lower clust_scarcity, e.g. clust_scarcity = 12*12*12 will get you one diamond cluster on average for every 12*12*12 blocks.
I understand nothing, sorry.
1. Open mods\default\mapgen.lua in a text editor
2. Search for the lines that contain stone_with_diamond.
3. Change clust_scarcity and save the file.
4. Restart Minetest and go to an area you have not yet explored (or simply create a new map), there should be more diamonds now.

Lizzy

by Lizzy » Post

I changed number or ores cuz I have more ores.