Lag putting item in chests..

nvrsbr

Lag putting item in chests..

by nvrsbr » Post

Is this normal?
I put an item in or out of a chest from my inv and it takes a couple of seconds for the item to move correctly.

Any way to fix this?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: Lag putting item in chests..

by Sokomine » Post

I'm afraid there is no way to really fix that. You can circumvent it to a degree most of the time. Just compare the "lag" you experience when interacting with a non-locked chest to that one when you try to move something in/out of a locked chest. If you're satisfied with the performance of the non-locked chest, stop using the normal locked chest. The locked chest got a "feature" which hides its content from other players than its owner. This makes the game feel very slow as the client no longer can predict anything. There are alternatives without this "feature": Homedecor's locked refrigerator is very useful in that regard; or the chests from technic; or the chests from my chesttools or locks mod, or others.
A list of my mods can be found here.

nvrsbr

by nvrsbr » Post

I am using non locked chests...

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

nvrsbr wrote: I am using non locked chests...
That usually feels pretty fast, even if the server's at the other side of the world. If it's a local server you're running, it might be either a configuration problem or too weak hardware. Try to join a server with not too many mods installed, i.e. VanessaEs mostly vanilla server, and how it turns out to work there.

nvrsbr

by nvrsbr » Post

Server is my own with great hardware and a fast line, and its right next to me.
Everything runs fast and smooth except for putting items in and out of a normal chest.

What configuration would affect it?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

nvrsbr wrote: Server is my own with great hardware and a fast line, and its right next to me.
Everything runs fast and smooth except for putting items in and out of a normal chest.

What configuration would affect it?
Hard to tell. If the hardware is fast, the connection working well, and only inventory movement a problem, then you ought to go to #minetest on irc and state your problem. There are several server owners there who might have a clue. Lag where the client cannot predict what will happen is normal (i.e. default locked chests); but in general, most servers manage without noticable lag.