How do I install mods for 0.4.14 on my Windows 10 laptop?

BlueTangs Rock

How do I install mods for 0.4.14 on my Windows 10 laptop?

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

I'm very new to MineTest, so I know nothing about the game's codes, and I don't want to mess anything up in my MineTest,and I don't get the instructions on the Wiki,can I get a full exact up-to-date list of Instructions on how to get mods,MobFrameWork,Farming Re-Do,Techinic mod,armor mod,hunger mod,backpack mod,or craftipedia mod at least?
Look at that, a signiture box! To bad I have nothing to put in i-... Wait...

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: How do I install mods for 0.4.14 on my Windows 10 laptop

by Krock » Post

1) Download the mod *.zip (or Git clone)
1.1) Unzip the archive into your minetest\mods\ directory, so you get a directory structure like shown here
2) Make sure the mod is named correctly, get the name out of the topic title: [Mod] Prefab Concrete [prefab]
3) Open Minetest, select your world and press on [Configure]. Double-click in the list to enable a mod (green = enabled)

4) Mod dependencies: Some mods require other mods to work. The list on the left side of the mod window lists the dependencies. Some mods like "default" and "tnt" are already in the selected subgame you use (see minetest\games\minetest_game\mods\). All mods in that list that DO NOT end with a '?' are REQUIRED, all others are optional.
5) Download and install the required mods (start with step 1 until done)

There's also a good tutorial on Youtube for this.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

If you used the installer, your mods will be at C://games/minetest/mods
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

I've Installed a mod pack on DropBox,and I don't know how to get the mod pack on to MineTest?

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

Also it seems to have Default MineTest Game with it to...do I have to delete the original to advoid a duplication?

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

How do I get the mod pack on MineTest?.....maybe explain the Mods File in the MineTest Files(not the one In-Game)?

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

I seriously need some help with my new problem!

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

???

What do you wanna do?

I'll Help you but explain!
Have a nice day! :D

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

I found a mod pack on the forums called Eden2,and I downloaded it,but I can't seem to get it on the game. Maybe Help can start by explaining the Mods File in the MineTest Code(not the one in game),and then explaining how to enable them to MineTest

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

I've managed to get the mod pack in the game,but I have a new problem...on the in-game configuration screen,I tried to enable the mod pack,and it says,"Failed to enable mod "Eden2" as it contains disallowed characters. Only chararacters [a-z0-9_] are allowed."what does that mean,and how do I fix this?

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

Well...problem solved?(I renamed the mod pack,az09_,and it worked...I assume)

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

OK,I guess not...when I load the world,it says,"Failed to load and run script from C:\Users\Cameron\Downloads\minetest-0.4.14-w in64\minetest-0.4.14\bin\..\mods\az09_\init.lua:
cannot open(basically repeating) No such file or directory Check bebug.text for details."what's this mean to? Please explain both things please!

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

I renamed it back to Eden2 but changed it to eden2,and instead of the error file from above saying az09_,it now says eden2 now...please explain!

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

First of all, Eden2 is a subgame, not a modpack, so you would want to extract the zip file into the /games folder - this will enable you to open the depends.txt file (I recommend using Notepad++, free) to see what mods you're going to need (as they will be used by the game), then d/l and extract all the mod zip files in the /mods folders (individually) - and make sure you remove the -master from each one or they won't work.

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

And what do you mean by the master? You mean just separate each mod from the subgame?I'm still confused...

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

so I've configured each indivisual mod to the desired world,clicked the play button,and I got this:
"Failed to load and run script from C:\Users\Cameron\Downloads\minetest-0.4.14-w in64\minetest-0.4.14\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack-master\mobf\init.lua:...in64\minetest-0.4/14\bin\..\builtin\common\serialize.lua:189:attempt to ind ex local 'str' (a nil value) stack traceback: ...in64\minetest-0.4.14\bin\..\builtin\common\serialize.lua:189:in function 'deserialize' ...bin\..\mods\animals_modpack-master\mobf/mob_preserve.lua:40: in function 'init' ...-0.4.14\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack-master\mobf\init.lua:163: in function 'mobf_init_framework' ...0.4.14\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack-master\mobf\init.lua:375:in main chunk Check debug.text for details." What does that mean,and how do I fix this?Please Answer!

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

BlueTamgs Rock,
The same file you find C://games/minetest/mods, there should also be other folders called textures, games, and worlds.
If these do not exist, you can simply add them, using right click, then "add new folder" and name each new folder.

Now, when you download any mod, it will usually show up as "modname"-master. Simply remove the word master and then the file is ready to be put into whichever folder it belongs in...

mods go into the mods folder
games (subgames) into the games folder
texture packs into the textures folder
worlds (maps) into the worlds folder

If all this makes sense or not let me know. I should all be pretty straight forward. : )
A Wonderful World

KCoombes

by KCoombes » Post

And what do you mean by the master? You mean just separate each mod from the subgame?I'm still confused...
BlueTangs Rock wrote:so I've configured each indivisual mod to the desired world,clicked the play button,and I got this:
"Failed to load and run script from C:\Users\Cameron\Downloads\minetest-0.4.14-w in64\minetest-0.4.14\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack-master\mobf\init.lua:...in64\minetest-0.4/14\bin\..\builtin\common\serialize.lua:189:attempt to ind ex local 'str' (a nil value) stack traceback: ...in64\minetest-0.4.14\bin\..\builtin\common\serialize.lua:189:in function 'deserialize' ...bin\..\mods\animals_modpack-master\mobf/mob_preserve.lua:40: in function 'init' ...-0.4.14\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack-master\mobf\init.lua:163: in function 'mobf_init_framework' ...0.4.14\bin\..\mods\animals_modpack-master\mobf\init.lua:375:in main chunk Check debug.text for details." What does that mean,and how do I fix this?Please Answer!
You did not rename the mods folder, removing "-master" therefore they do not work. Go back and rename every mod folder to just the mod name, removing "-master" from each one.

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

You did not rename the mods folder, removing "-master" therefore they do not work. Go back and rename every mod folder to just the mod name, removing "-master" from each one.[/quote]

Later on I renamed the 2 files with the name -master on it,and I still got an error(not sure if it's the same error though).

KCoombes

by KCoombes » Post

BlueTangs Rock wrote:You did not rename the mods folder, removing "-master" therefore they do not work. Go back and rename every mod folder to just the mod name, removing "-master" from each one.
Later on I renamed the 2 files with the name -master on it,and I still got an error(not sure if it's the same error though).[/quote]

I sincerely hope you mis-typed that - it's the folders that need to be renamed, not the files!

You'll need to post the error here if you want us to help you.

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

[quote="KCoombes"

I sincerely hope you mis-typed that - it's the folders that need to be renamed, not the files!

It's called a folder file on my laptop, and I renamed the -master thing to _master,and it still doesn't work! Also I wish I knew how to post images on here so I can show what I done,and my error text.

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

So on the Wiki,it says on the MineTest.conf file has to be edited with one line saying"name=your subgame's name here."what does it mean by "name"?

KCoombes

by KCoombes » Post

BlueTangs Rock wrote:So on the Wiki,it says on the MineTest.conf file has to be edited with one line saying"name=your subgame's name here."what does it mean by "name"?
Can you provide a link to that? Just so I know where you're looking in the Wiki (which is woefully out-of-date in some areas).

As for minetest.config, mine shows;
name = Knatt (which is my player name)

so I don't think it's supposed to be a subgame name there.

Dopium

by Dopium » Post

It's as simple as download the mod then extract it and rename for example "mobs_framework-master" rename it to "mobs_framework" without the quotes " ". Then all you have to do is open your minetest main folder look for the mods folder, open it and paste the renamed mobs_framework folder in there.

Start your minetest client "game" create a world, name it then click the box configure world, find the new mod listed, highlight it and check the little box saying enable mod.

Then just start the world, it really is that easy.

As for subgames i suggest you get familiar with mods atleast before adding subgames

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

Would it be OK to start my modded world without mobf,and add it later on?since my only problem is the 2 mobf mod packs.