Mouse drift and/or missing joystick config

memememan

Mouse drift and/or missing joystick config

by memememan » Post

My view slowly drifts in a different direction almost every time I move my mouse while playing.
I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop with a touchpad and a usb wireless mouse. It happens when I use the mouse, but not when I use the touchpad.
I saw on google that several people have had this problem. A few of them vaguely mentioned something about changing the window size or using fullscreen, but that didn't help when I tried it. Most of them fixed the problem by disabling joystick support (because some driver registered as a joystick). I looked for any mention of a joystick or gamepad in my minetest.conf file and found nothing. Image also describes pretty well how I feel about this. minetest.conf.example didn't mention it either.
I also checked for any sort of control input settings and found nothing. I found some uploaded .example files online, many of which had the joystick setting. I tried deleting all of my files and extracting from the .zip again, and nothing changed. I also tried the installer and it gave the same result. Both of these are 0.4.14, downloaded from the site today. My drivers for the mouse and touchpad are up to date.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Mouse drift and/or missing joystick config

by Krock » Post

First of all. Use Notepad++ or at least Wordpad because that editor from M$ can not handle the UNIX' newlines, thus this messy view.
Since Jul 4, 2016 the joysticks are disabled by default but you can add (or change) it manually with the setting

Code: Select all

#    Enable Joysticks
#    type: bool
enable_joysticks = false
I hope this solves the problem for you.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

memememan

by memememan » Post

I pasted

Code: Select all

#    Enable Joysticks
#    type: bool
enable_joysticks = false
into the minetest.conf under everything else, and it didn't seem to do anything. Was I supposed to do something different?

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Yes, that's right. There's also a pull request pending about this issue. The writer of it says that his change fixed the bug on his system (Windows 10): https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/4289

Here's a fresh Minetest build to test for you. Please tell me if it fixes the problem and I would be happy about a feedback in the pull request on Github too. (If you own an account there)

Download: Minetest Win32 build (7-zip archive, ~5.85 MiB)
Source reference: Commits
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

memememan

by memememan » Post

This build fixes the problem.
Thank you for you help.

CassieGriffin

by CassieGriffin » Post

memememan wrote:My view slowly drifts in a different direction almost every time I move my mouse while playing.
I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop with a touchpad and a usb wireless mouse. It happens when I use the mouse, but not when I use the touchpad.
I saw on google that several people have had this problem. A few of them vaguely mentioned something about changing the window size or using fullscreen, but that didn't help when I tried it. Most of them fixed the problem by disabling joystick support (because some driver registered as a joystick). I looked for any mention of a joystick or gamepad in my minetest.conf file and found nothing. Image also describes pretty well how I feel about this. minetest.conf.example didn't mention it either.
I also checked for any sort of control input settings and found nothing. I found some uploaded .example files online, many of which had the joystick setting. I tried deleting all of my files and extracting from the .zip again, and nothing changed. I also tried the installer and it gave the same result. Both of these are 0.4.14, downloaded from the site today. My drivers for the mouse and touchpad are up to date.
Yes, Many users face this problem like you. I had the same issue with my laptop's touchpad then someone suggests me that ask on https://babasupport.org/hp/hp-laptop-to ... t-working/. I have contacted them to solve my problem. So you can ask your problem or share on like me