Game Keeps Restarting

emilward85

Game Keeps Restarting

by emilward85 » Post

I am new to Minetest and/or Minecraft, so please excuse my ignorance. But, basically, I was in creative mode and after setting off a LOT of TNT, the game automatically closed out. Now when I restart the same game, it closes out Minetest as soon as the world loads. I think it is trying to continue where it last left off (before I set off the TNT). Is there anyway to continue this world or is deleting it my only solution? I'm using version 0.4.13 on Ubuntu Linux 16.04

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

Re: Ganme Keeps Restarting

by kaeza » Post

Hello and welcome!

0.4.13 is really old. You should update to 0.4.16. The packages provided by the Ubuntu repositories may be out of date; using the PPA is the easiest option. Just follow the instructions on that page, then execute:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install minetest
If you still have errors after updating, please see this topic.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

emilward85

Re: Game Keeps Restarting

by emilward85 » Post

Yes, the repos are very out-of-date but I wasn't sure of how I could get the latest version without compiling it myself. I didn't realize there was a PPA for the recent version. Thank you, very much! That did it. Thanks again!