Virtualbox

GuyJantic
In-game: Guyjantic

Virtualbox

by GuyJantic » Post

First of all I must say I LOVE this game, and I'd like to thank everyone responsible, Dev's, modders, and even those that supply new ideas here on the forums, for making it possible, and so enjoyable.

I realize this is an issue caused by Virtualbox, but others may have experienced the same thing and come here, hoping...

When I run the game on a system in Virtualbox, cursor movement is fubar, as if aiming is focused from the bridge of our nose, instead of relying on cursor placement, making the game practically unplayable.

Has anyone else experienced this? And can anyone offer a helpful suggestion from the game's perspective, other than GTFO of here and go to their site?

Just trying to help, and thanks again, everyone.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: Virtualbox

by rubenwardy » Post

There's an option that makes the virtual box grab the cursor and you need to press the host key (right ctrl usually) to escape it. Try that rather than the host platform's cursor which cannot be grabbed afaik

I have a feeling that you toggle this by right clicking a mouse icon in the bottom panel, not used it in a while though
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

GuyJantic
In-game: Guyjantic

by GuyJantic » Post

I do appreciate your prompt reply, and you are correct that right-ctrl is the host key, and capture of the cursor does indeed resolve the problem.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

I actually noticed this problem myself. I knew about what the right control does, but I thought that I wanted the virtualbox to grab the cursor.

However, I also noticed that FPS was VERY low, but maybe I just set it up wrong.