WorldEdit problems!

CrayZ
In-game: CrayZ

WorldEdit problems!

by CrayZ » Post

WorldEdit is one of the most awesome mods in Minetest ever. This is my first problem with the mod:

When I save a selected region, and I load it, it always loads it in one direction. Is there any way I can load a saved building rotated right 90 degrees or something similar? Do I have to rotate it by myself after the loading?

If you can't do that, I think it would be a nice feature to add to WorldEdit.
Thanks for reading :-)

I hope you can help.
If you have any ideas or problems with WorldEdit too, post them here, so we can help each other :-)
Other than that, congratulations to the creator of WorldEdit. You made a revolution :-)

--
CrayZ
"I always wanted to play a game full of peace, creativity and joy, then I found Minetest ... "

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

Re: WorldEdit problems!

by sfan5 » Post

Note that you should generally post about problems with specific mods in the respective thread.
CrayZ wrote:Is there any way I can load a saved building rotated right 90 degrees or something similar?
No
CrayZ wrote:Do I have to rotate it by myself after the loading?
Precisely
CrayZ wrote:Congratulations to the creator of WorldEdit. You made a revolution :-)
I pretty much just copied the feature set of a very useful Minecraft mod which was missing a Minetest equivalent.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

CrayZ
In-game: CrayZ

by CrayZ » Post

sfan5 wrote:Note that you should generally post about problems with specific mods in the respective thread.
CrayZ wrote:Is there any way I can load a saved building rotated right 90 degrees or something similar?
No
CrayZ wrote:Do I have to rotate it by myself after the loading?
Precisely
CrayZ wrote:Congratulations to the creator of WorldEdit. You made a revolution :-)
I pretty much just copied the feature set of a very useful Minecraft mod which was missing a Minetest equivalent.
Thanks for the reply :-)
Now I understand it better.
IMHO, loading rotated buildings would be a nice addition to the mod.
Can you do anything about that?

--
CrayZ
"I always wanted to play a game full of peace, creativity and joy, then I found Minetest ... "

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

CrayZ wrote: When I save a selected region, and I load it, it always loads it in one direction. Is there any way I can load a saved building rotated right 90 degrees or something similar? Do I have to rotate it by myself after the loading?
That's where my handle_schematics mod comes in. Install it, save your buildings with the handle_schematics:build_chest, and when you place a build_chest elsewhere and load a schematic, the building will automaticly be rotated correctly. If you have schematics that where saved without the build_chest, you can still use it to get the schematic rotated in the right way. Just load it with the build_chest - and if it isn't rotated the way you want, just restore the original landscape (another feature of handle_schematics) and place the chest rotated diffrently. Repeat until you are satisfied.
A list of my mods can be found here.