ERROR[AsyncWorker-1]: servers.minetest

ShadMOrdre

ERROR[AsyncWorker-1]: servers.minetest

by ShadMOrdre » Post

Getting the following error message when trying to access the Play Online tab, or if the Play Online tab was selected when minetest last closed.

Code: Select all

2017-11-22 08:17:48: ERROR[AsyncWorker-1]: servers.minetest.net/list?proto_version_min=36&proto_version_max=36 not found (Couldn't resolve host name) (response code 0)
This occurs when trying to click on the "Play Online" tab, or by restarting minetest when the play online tab was the last selected. This has manifested in Sfan's minetest-0.5.0-fc9747e-win64 dev release, BUT I've also experienced this issue in v0416 stable.

My computer essentially freezes, with the hard drive spinning nonstop, and memory maxed out while CPU idles at 5%. I have to hard reboot the PC. The PC is on a LAN that is not connected to the internet. I've guessed that it is choking because it cannot find servers.minetest.net, but that is a guess.

I use Win7 64 bit. This is a clean install of minetest, with no mods, texture packs, or subgames installed.

The only solution I've found is change the maintab_LAST = online in minetest.conf to maintab_LAST = local, which lets me back into minetest. I then have to launch a local host, which then lets me click on the Play Online tab without crashing. I can connect to my LAN games as long as I stay in minetest, but if I restart minetest, it freezes. However, this is not an acceptable workaround.

Glad to help diag and troubleshoot, and can provide any other relevant info if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Shad MOrdre

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

Re: ERROR[AsyncWorker-1]: servers.minetest

by sfan5 » Post

Sounds like a Minetest bug that happens when no Internet connectivity is available, I suggest filing an issue on Github so a dev can look at this.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

ShadMOrdre

Re: ERROR[AsyncWorker-1]: servers.minetest

by ShadMOrdre » Post

I'd like to point out that this does not happen on any of my linux boxes, including one of the aforementioned Windows computers that dual boots Windows and Lubuntu 16.04