Accidentally Switched Render Engines

Aeonian
In-game: Aeonian

Accidentally Switched Render Engines

by Aeonian » Post

After I messed with some graphics settings, I accidentally switched my render engine into something my computer doesnt have. I cannot get that engine either due to a different problem. Is there some file I can access to change the render engine back to OpenGL?

Forgot to mention that I cannot even open the menu. I run Minetest and all it gives me is a white window. I'm using MacOS.

zing269

Re: Accidentally Switched Render Engines

by zing269 » Post

edit the minetest.conf file, look for the video_driver line and change it to video_driver = opengl or just delete/rename the file.

Aeonian
In-game: Aeonian

by Aeonian » Post

Wait but those conf files are for specific games. The start screen won't load, no matter what version or build I get.

What could that be? Maybe some program my computer is restricting? It was working before.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

You are right, the "minetest.conf" files inside the "games" directory are for the subgames that you have installed, so you won't have to edit them at all.
The "minetest.conf" inside the "bin" directory or its parent directory, wherever it may be together with "minetest.conf.example", is the configuration file that the Minetest core uses. Look out for the above mentioned setting "video_driver" and "3d_mode" (just to make sure) and remove both lines from the configuration file. Ensure that no Minetest process is alive, otherwise your settings will be overwritten when these are closed.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>