Mods not working?

Sailorman
In-game: Sailorman

Mods not working?

by Sailorman » Post

Im having issues installing mods in Minetest. I have done so before and I did not have this problem. The mods are not showing up in the mods menu in-game. I have renamed the folders and still to no evail. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-12-15 17-44-38.png
Screenshot from 2017-12-15 17-44-38.png (38.05 KiB) Viewed 201 times

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

Re: Mods not working?

by dawgdoc » Post

From your screenshot it looks like your mods are in /home/<user>/.minetest/mods. Whereas they should be in /home/<user>/.minetest/mods.

/home/<user>/.minetest/ should already exist on your system. You may need to enable viewing hidden files to see that path. Ctrl-h should enable viewing of hidden files.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

Sailorman

by Sailorman » Post

dawgdoc wrote:From your screenshot it looks like your mods are in /home/<user>/.minetest/mods. Whereas they should be in /home/<user>/.minetest/mods.

/home/<user>/.minetest/ should already exist on your system. You may need to enable viewing hidden files to see that path. Ctrl-h should enable viewing of hidden files.

Thats seems to have worked, slightly. I am getting alot of errors. Anything that could help me?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-12-15 19-25-42.png
Screenshot from 2017-12-15 19-25-42.png (51.29 KiB) Viewed 201 times
Screenshot from 2017-12-15 19-15-30.png
Screenshot from 2017-12-15 19-15-30.png (35.89 KiB) Viewed 201 times

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Naj wrote:Install the missing mods and ...
Don't forget to enable them.

burli

by burli » Post

dawgdoc wrote:From your screenshot it looks like your mods are in /home/<user>/.minetest/mods. Whereas they should be in /home/<user>/.minetest/mods.

The current path is /home/<user>/minetest/mods without the dot in front of "minetest". But minetest must be a hidden directory (with a . in front of the folder name). The correct path is /home/<user>/.minetest/mods

Sailorman

by Sailorman » Post

Thanks guys! All is working now.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

burli wrote:

The current path is /home/<user>/minetest/mods without the dot in front of "minetest". But minetest must be a hidden directory (with a . in front of the folder name). The correct path is /home/<user>/.minetest/mods
Yeah, I did one too many edits. :-[
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.