Blinking reality

Fred Brighton

Blinking reality

by Fred Brighton » Post

Okay... Kubuntu 17.04, Minetest 0.4.16, Dreambuilder mod pack.... got it installed, working and so forth and then, lately, sometimes it suddenly switches from day to night for a brief second. Certain objects seem to flicker out of existence briefly, sometimes they seem to briefly become wire frame, sometimes they simply say "unknown block". It's odd but it does not last... I wonder if anyone else has the flickers of non-reality?

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

Re: Blinking reality

by Byakuren » Post

Your computer may be haunted.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

xD I agree!

more seriously, I think that there is a big conflict with sme mods you've installed.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Fred Brighton

by Fred Brighton » Post

Well I went to Dreambuilder as my only MOD and the weird blocks went away. My house IS haunted, so maybe the spirits got into the game.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

ImageImageImageImageImage
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

Fred Brighton wrote:Okay... Kubuntu 17.04, Minetest 0.4.16, Dreambuilder mod pack.... got it installed, working and so forth and then, lately, sometimes it suddenly switches from day to night for a brief second. Certain objects seem to flicker out of existence briefly, sometimes they seem to briefly become wire frame, sometimes they simply say "unknown block". It's odd but it does not last... I wonder if anyone else has the flickers of non-reality?
Well, I'd suspect it's some issue with Kubuntu rather than with MT. Why? Well, I use Kubuntu on my other computer and it fails to open some pdf-s and mpeg-s which cause no troubles on Win. Well, maybe a small 'product placement', but it's nevertheless true.
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

Fred Brighton

by Fred Brighton » Post

hmmm I have no problem with files opening... It might be the graphics here...this is a converted laptop I got form my sister in law, ran rotten under windows but when I turned it into a Kubuntu machine it is working fast and stable.

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

Fred Brighton wrote:hmmm I have no problem with files opening... It might be the graphics here...this is a converted laptop I got form my sister in law, ran rotten under windows but when I turned it into a Kubuntu machine it is working fast and stable.
The issue I've written about concerns the default pdf reader in Kubuntu. Not only it fails to open some scanned pdf-s, but also does not show them on an external disc (DVD or pendrive). There're no other serious problems with the system except I wouldn't say it "works fast". :)
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson