The following mods could not be found: ...

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

The following mods could not be found: ...

by Festus1965 » Post

Basic problem:
Taken a running installation from another person, put onto the Pi3 server installation and make errors, as change nothing at the mods, as only change
  • * OS System
    * minetest to minetest-server
    * the mods into the worldmods folder, as testing at mods also error

So far, some fakts
  1. * Hosting Unit: --- that one shows the errors now --- but got same problems on the main server, when tried to use minetest-server
    1. * Raspberry Pi 3,
      * debian stretch headless (no gui), will keep that server also, I guess
      * installed minetest-server: 0.4.16
    * Preparing Unit, Origin World comes from "IanniPowerup!!!"
    1. * Windows 7 64 bit
      * installed minetest (gui), the one to play also, VErsion 0.4.16
    * my main server, still
    1. * i7-4770, 16 GB Ram 1600, a slow SSD yet (450,300)
      * Ubuntu 16.04 GUI Version
      * installed minetest (gui), the one to play also, Host server as gamer, Version 0.4.16
    * and want the last to change to
    1. * same Hardware above, but change then to PCIe x4 m.2 SSD with 2800,2000 read,write
      * Ubuntu 16.04 Server (Ubuntu I know since 10 years now) or other (debian stretch now have 1 year training)
      * installed minetest-server, Version 0.4.16
But whatever I tried to move an GUI server version I also played with to an minetest-server version, I failed.

1. * so got folders: "Detected ..":
    1. * share path: /usr/share/games/minetest
      * user path: /home/pi/.minetest
      * cache path: /home/pi/.cache/minetest
  1. * but the Pi3 debian stretch 0.4.16 server is using the
    1. * conf at: /etc/minetest/minetest.conf (which is used and working)
      * files path at: /var/games/minetest-server/.minetest/worlds/ (here the "world", and the one I work with/for, including a folder /worldmods/)
      * shared at: /usr/share/games/minetest/games/minetest_game/
      1. * where in mods/ are the default mods (bed. boats, bones, ...)
        * and the here found minetest.conf is empty
      * logs at: /vat/log/minetest/ (with the minetest.log)
The installations on the pi3 with the errors i show here are done with "pi",
but the minetest-server uses automatic an user "Debian-minetest", group games,
and I added an user minetest, group minetest,games ... for test
(So the minetest-server is started with boot, no login)

Ok, the Server is running with the suggested local IP, Port, and name ... and I can log in local, and the source gamer also can go in from internet.

But I get following Error:

Code: Select all

The following mods could not be found: "3d_armor" "3d_armor_ip" "3d_armor_sfinv" "3d_armor_stand" "3d_armor_ui" "blox" "bows" "ethereal" "farming" "hazmat_suit" "invisible" "mesecons" "mesecons_alias" "mesecons_blinkyplant" "mesecons_button" "mesecons_comandblock" "mesecons_delayer" "mesecons_detector" "mesecons_doors" "mesecons_extrawires" "mesecons_fpga" "mesecons_gates" "mesecons_hydroturbine" "mesecons_insulated" "mesecons_lamp" "mesecons_lightstone" "mesecons_luacontroller" "mesecons_materials" "meseons_microcontroller" "mesecons_movestones" "mesecons_mvps" "mesecons_noteblock" "mesecons_pistons" "mesecons_powerplant" "mesecons_pressureplates" "mesecons_random" "mesecons_receiver" "mesecons_solarpanel" "mesecons_stickyblocks" "mesecons_switch" "mesecns_torch" "mesecons_walllever" "mesecons_wires" "mobs" "mobs_animal" "mobs_mc" "mobs_monster" "mobs_npc" "more_material_tools" "moreores" "nether" "nyancat" "pipeworks" "protector" "shields" "smartshop" "technic_armor" "u_skins" "unified_inventory" "unifiddyes" "wieldview" "xdecor" "xtraores" "xtraores_armor"
The NOT fun about this is: The extra farming mod is in the same folder (/world/xxx/worldmods) as the missed ones, and have same owner (nobody), no group and is recognised realising there is a default mod, and is overriding it.

(There are other errors behind, but that later:)

The other Question maybe explain it?
Does is matter on what
  1. * OS system - Windows or Linux, etc.
    * or what minetest Version
    * or the used installation: minetest with gui (as can also host) or only the server version minetest-server it was build
and then transferred to the minetest-server Pi 3 (see above) I have ?
And if yes, what have to be looked for or is to do ?

As an installed minetest to use to play like on my Ubuntu (Workstation) used other folders, that may be effected when moving a "backup" with the world incl. worldmods to the Ubuntu-Server (Server):
  1. * Workstation, even if from the Working one as a Gamer, or the running server (GUI Gamer hosting) now
    * Ubuntu 16.04 installation: (shows the same folders with detect) but
    1. **/home/(me)/.minetest/ with
      1. * minetest.conf (yes taken)
        * /worlds/ ... used
        * /mods/ ... used
        * /clientmods/ ... I use some
        * /cache/
        * /usr/share/minetest/
    * move to
    * Server Station i7-4770, 16 GB Ram
    * Ubuntu 16.04 Server installation where folders are then
    • * still checking them out ...

* Windows installation ?
(I have no Windows)
Last edited by Festus1965 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 13:30, edited 2 times in total.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

IanniPowerup!!!
In-game: IanniPowerup

Re: The following mods could not be found: ...

by IanniPowerup!!! » Post

Most of mods that says ''could not be found'' are found in the server . The one you send me (not announced)

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Similar issue: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18976 (only about disabling them all)

According to your post, the path for your mods (/home/pi/.minetest/mods/) is correct and Minetest should detect them. Please check whether the requested mods are either there OR in the worldmods directory. If you have them in both locations, Minetest may not know which of these two mods it should load.
I don't see what you did with the GUI "server version". Could you please elaborate what you did there and what you tried to accomplish with that?
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Krock wrote:Similar issue: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18976 (only about disabling them all)
1st
I check the link, that case I have also, but wasn’t part of the question yet:
(There are other errors behind, but that later:)
but anyway here the log part now:

technic_armor: Mod loaded but unused.
hazmat_suit: Mod loaded but unused.
3d_armor_ip: Mod loaded but unused.
... what proves, THAT minetest-server can see and load the worldmods folder
and what mean "unused" as they are set true in world.mt ...

2nd
prove of recognise the worldmods folder, and also prove that the mods are only in one of both locations:
Mod name conflict detected: "farming"
Will not load: /usr/share/games/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/farming
Overridden by: /var/games/minetest-server/.minetest/worlds/ultraworldsurvival/worldmods/farming
what also showes me again, what folders / locations I have to check,

3rd
and one more (just a line above the technic?armor issue):
[MOD] Mobs Redo loaded
as also this mod folder is located at worldmods folder ...

So there are 2 mod folders, and only farming is in both as in mods the default one, and in worldmods the extra one, everything else is single located.
And that is wonder me, as some it sees and handles correct (farming), others it doesn’t like to see ...
just look that !

Mod name conflict detected: "farming"
WARNING[Main]: Will not load: /usr/share/games/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/farming
WARNING[Main]: Overridden by: /var/games/minetest-server/.minetest/worlds/ultraworldsurvival/worldmods/farming
ERROR[Main]: The following mods could not be found: "farming"
This is just from now,
  • * farming detected on both locations, and
    * handling a solution (= Overridden)
    * but first off al also telling that mods not found farming ????
It isn’t empty, I prove you.

And at last now I tried to empty the world.mt file from the world causes the errors, hoping it would find the available mods itself and add them to the world.mt file ...
Wonder, as I deleted all mod loading lines, and started the server new, it did not add the found mod with false like it does with minetest GUI Version ... mhhh
It is like it does not realy look that file ...

Krock wrote:I don't see what you did with the GUI "server version". Could you please elaborate what you did there and what you tried to accomplish with that?
What IanniPowerup!!! did at his computer I do not know.
But I tried similar thing before: I used on my Ubuntu 16.04 Working PC the minetest installation (the one allows to play graphic yes ?), and also allows to host a game with your in automatic as gamer also, but hosting a game ...
I tried to transfers also 2 times two different worlds from that gaming installation (taking the world, minetest conf, mods), onto an minetest-server (only server hosting) installation, what failed.
So I thought after 1 years testing around, I am stupid and offered IanniPowerup!!! to try to host it on my Pi3 ... and doesn’t work also. That is why I ask now here ... as my research is not working.

So I am not sure if there is some set in the files, what doesn’t realize the changed location and fails ?

edit: 18.01.2018 10am EST
I am just upgrading my main server from 16.10 to 17.10, getting then minetestserver 0.4.16 running and see if there are similar problems ...

edit: 18.01.2018 13pm EST
Minetest-Server 0.4.16 under Ubuntu 17.10 GUI is running,
  • * not got that "The following mods could not be found:" ...
    * got "Mod name conflict detected:", solved with deleting them from the shared/ ... folder
    * and some others, that are not important now
    * CPU usage from 20% down to 2-3 % as no active gamer in now, but get back to 20% when using minetest gui, and join in as no dedicated graphics card build in
    * lag still under 0.2 , what means, the gui version did not harm the server speed at all ?
MY main Server "Celine in Thailand" in running so far ... still need to check some irritations, but nothing what we are talking in this thread,
but got some ideas what to look for ... at the Pi3
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)