Texture Pack Problem

KatzEyez
GitHub: KatzPetz
IRC: LadyK
In-game: LadyK

Texture Pack Problem

by KatzEyez » Post

I am in the process of creating my own texture pack. I have tried to test it out and some of the items are not loading into the game. I have also tried using other texture packs and the same items are not loading the new textures.

I am putting the texture folders into the "Textures" folder.

The main issue is with default textures and dye textures, so far. Any other mods that I've re-textured are not being affected and the textures are showing up as the ones I've created.

I don't believe it's a naming issue since other items in the default and dyes changed, however I cannot figure it out.
Why wish upon a star when you can pray to the one who created it.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: Texture Pack Problem

by BBmine » Post

Could you please tell us which textures aren't working? And the version of MT and the mods you have.

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

I think if the File folder is messed up thats why it does not work.

KatzEyez

by KatzEyez » Post

BBmine wrote:Could you please tell us which textures aren't working? And the version of MT and the mods you have.
Not working: dye_blue, dye_cyan, dye_dark_green, dye_yellow, dye_dark_grey, dye_gray, dye_green, dye_magenta, dye_orange, dye_red, dye_violet, default_steel_ingot

Working: dye_white, dye_black, dye_brown, dye_pink, default_tin_ingot

I'm using 0.4.16 and it's occurring on servers. (As in ALL servers.)

The mods I've retextured for my use are not necessary to list, as there's no issue with them. The ones I'm listing are part of the default game.

Napiophelios
GitHub: Napiophelios
IRC: Nappi
In-game: Nappi

by Napiophelios » Post

I had a similar problem with a recent development build of the MT engine.
I couldn't switch between texture packs without manually editing the config file.
It was weird but seems to have been resolved with the latest build.

KatzEyez

by KatzEyez » Post

KatzEyez wrote:
BBmine wrote:Could you please tell us which textures aren't working? And the version of MT and the mods you have.
Not working: dye_blue, dye_cyan, dye_dark_green, dye_yellow, dye_dark_grey, dye_gray, dye_green, dye_magenta, dye_orange, dye_red, dye_violet, default_steel_ingot

Working: dye_white, dye_black, dye_brown, dye_pink, default_tin_ingot

I'm using 0.4.16 and it's occurring on servers. (As in ALL servers.)

The mods I've retextured for my use are not necessary to list, as there's no issue with them. The ones I'm listing are part of the default game.
I still haven't resolved this issue and I've upgraded to 0.4.17.1

I'm still working on my own personal textures, to make the game more visually interesting for myself, however, I cannot make certain textures work properly.

Napiophelios

by Napiophelios » Post

This may sound dumb, but have you tested these new textures
in single-player..not just on servers?

Some servers may be using modified versions of default mods
or using an outdated version of the game...IDK
it just seems weird it's only these particular textures.

EDIT: I guess file format doesn't matter much.

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

KatzEyez wrote:I am putting the texture folders into the "Textures" folder.
This folder is named with "t", not "T". But I guess that is not a problem ;)
KatzEyez wrote:I'm using 0.4.16 and it's occurring on servers. (As in ALL servers.)
I do not have problems with enabling VanessaE-hdx-64 pack, wich is pack that contain custom dyes, on Xanadu and MustTest servers. But I used 0.4.17.1 version. With old and deprecated 0.4.16 I have problems with connecting to servers! Updated servers will not work with it.

The description of your problem suggests that there may be a problem with the name, format or something of the files that you can`t load. Are you sure that everything with these files is OK? Are they propper PNG files? Do they have propper names? Try to use this simple test "texture pack" I got here: https://ufile.io/ciwpx or https://uploadfiles.io/ciwpx - Is it works? I still have no problems with enabling it on some servers (I did not tested ALL servers).

KatzEyez

by KatzEyez » Post

parasite wrote:
KatzEyez wrote:I am putting the texture folders into the "Textures" folder.
This folder is named with "t", not "T". But I guess that is not a problem ;)
KatzEyez wrote:I'm using 0.4.16 and it's occurring on servers. (As in ALL servers.)
I do not have problems with enabling VanessaE-hdx-64 pack, wich is pack that contain custom dyes, on Xanadu and MustTest servers. But I used 0.4.17.1 version. With old and deprecated 0.4.16 I have problems with connecting to servers! Updated servers will not work with it.

The description of your problem suggests that there may be a problem with the name, format or something of the files that you can`t load. Are you sure that everything with these files is OK? Are they propper PNG files? Do they have propper names? Try to use this simple test "texture pack" I got here: https://ufile.io/ciwpx or https://uploadfiles.io/ciwpx - Is it works? I still have no problems with enabling it on some servers (I did not tested ALL servers).
Maybe these will be more helpful..

Napiophelios wrote:This may sound dumb, but have you tested these new textures
in single-player..not just on servers?

Some servers may be using modified versions of default mods
or using an outdated version of the game...IDK
it just seems weird it's only these particular textures.

EDIT: I guess file format doesn't matter much.
I just tried it on my single-player and they're all working, so it is some mod that is inhibiting me from viewing my images?.. great (insert sarcasm). ;)

Sorry, I'm still learning the finer details. Is there a way to bypass this problem so I can view my textures?

Napiophelios

by Napiophelios » Post

KatzEyez wrote: I just tried it on my single-player and they're all working, so it is some mod that is inhibiting me from viewing my images?.. great (insert sarcasm). ;)

Sorry, I'm still learning the finer details. Is there a way to bypass this problem so I can view my textures?
The servers are probably using modified/customized dye mod
where the textures have different file names assigned them.

you would have to find out what the proper names for their textures are.

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

KatzEyez wrote:
parasite wrote:I just tried it on my single-player and they're all working, so it is some mod that is inhibiting me from viewing my images?.. great (insert sarcasm). ;)

I assume that this problem does not appear in ALL servers. It seems that you did everything you could to properly make custom textures, including naming your images as they are named in default Minetest Game. But the server in which you want to use your custom textures can have different game/mods/textures. In its texture directory images can has different names than in Minetest Game. It may be a matter of another mod for dyes, old version of "basic game", or custom changes made by admin. In that case you will have to name your images in the same way as they are called on that server. As Napiophelios said - you need to figure it out somehow how dyes are named on that server. You can try to use unified_inventory mod, as it shows the real name of items in craft guide, like mod:item_name. (If only the server allows you to use custom craftguide/inventory mod). The same is about steel ingot of course.