collision box 1m too high

Edgy1
GitHub: JamesTobin
In-game: Trump

collision box 1m too high

by Edgy1 » Post

I had upgraded my server to 0.4.17 backports, and noticed that players were 1 meter too high. rubenwardy told me that happens when minetest is 0.4.17 backports but minetest_game is another version. so i re-installed minetest_game with 0.4 backports. the issue changed, but a problem still exists. now the skins are flush to the ground and the player himself does not appear to be floating, but their collision box is still 1m to high.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

Re: collision box 1m to high

by paramat » Post

Possibly a bug in MTG 0.4 backport branch, which may not be correct, i'll investigate this.

Edgy1

by Edgy1 » Post

paramat wrote:Possibly a bug in MTG 0.4 backport branch, which may not be correct, i'll investigate this.
thanks, i downgraded everything to 0.4.16 including minetest for now.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Are you using another player model modifying mod like 3d_armor or a special skin mod? Updating MTG and Minetest alone is not enough in that case, as MTG is only of the few that may change the player properties (collision box, selection box).
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Edgy1

by Edgy1 » Post

no 3d armour, but i do have uskins.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

I had a look at the commits included in MTE and MTG 0.4 backport branches and can't yet see anything wrong.
For 0.5.0 there was a compat-breaking change that changed player vertical offset by 1 node but these commits are not in the backports branches.
Mods that provide player models, like armour mods, need changing for 0.5.0, all i can think of is perhaps you are using a mod that has been adjusted for 0.5.0?

Edgy1

by Edgy1 » Post

it works on 0.4.16 though. but not on backports. and i am not touching 0.5.0 lol