Local Server Works, But Other Devices Cannot Connect

DrakeCahill13
In-game: DrakeCahill13

Local Server Works, But Other Devices Cannot Connect

by DrakeCahill13 » Post

So basically it doesn't work :P

I started by downloading a fresh version of Minetest, as well as MineClone 2. I even watched a YT video on it, which I rarely do. I made the server by installing everything on my Windows 10. I turned on the server. I got this error message (see screenshot).
The message comes up over and over again, frequently.
So I would first like help solving this problem, then if that doesn't help, I need help for this next bit:
Multiple android devices, a phone and tablets, all with Minetest apps. I insert the IP address, hit "connect", and it says "cannot connect to server". Router's on, wi-fi's on, everything's on. It works on the computer, but nothing else can connect.
What the heck is wrong with my server? The last server I tried to make had the same problem.
Attachments
See error messages above.
See error messages above.
ALPHA.png (312.85 KiB) Viewed 431 times

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

Re: Local Server Works, But Other Devices Cannot Connect

by ExeterDad » Post

Devices outside your local network won't be able to see you unless your router is told to do so. Many routers allow one computer to be exposed to the internet so all your ports are available. Many routers call this DMZ. Otherwise insure all incoming requests are forwarded to your server machine by specifying the port your server is running on.

DrakeCahill13

by DrakeCahill13 » Post

ExeterDad wrote:Devices outside your local network won't be able to see you unless your router is told to do so. Many routers allow one computer to be exposed to the internet so all your ports are available. Many routers call this DMZ. Otherwise insure all incoming requests are forwarded to your server machine by specifying the port your server is running on.
Thanks, I'll try that ;)

DrakeCahill13

by DrakeCahill13 » Post

Okay, it worked, the phone and two android devices can connect. But three other tablets (android, but I'm not sure) still can't connect. Is it possible that Mineclone 2 is too big to run on tablets? Should I update Minetest on the tablets?

Also, the error message still appears.

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

Updating MineTest ain't a bad idea.

DrakeCahill13

by DrakeCahill13 » Post

Okay, so this gets interesting:
I decided to start from scratch. Maybe MineClone 2 is too big for my sibs' tablets? So I made a seperate server with no mods. Pure vanilla. And it worked, they got in no problem.
The problem seems to be the mod size. Is there something I'm missing? I'd like my sibs to be able to play Mineclone together.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Regarding the error messages: Install a proper driver for your graphics card/chip. Even modern built-in graphic chips support at least OpenGL 2.0. If you cannot figure out what hardware you're using: use Everest Home Edition. It will tell you the exact hardware names, so driver searching gets easier and Minetest will perform much better after the driver setup.

To join a MineClone 2 server the device will at least need a gigabyte of free RAM (did some local testing), anything less will either result in very poor performance or in the already mentioned crash on join.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

DrakeCahill13

by DrakeCahill13 » Post

Krock wrote:Regarding the error messages: Install a proper driver for your graphics card/chip. Even modern built-in graphic chips support at least OpenGL 2.0. If you cannot figure out what hardware you're using: use Everest Home Edition. It will tell you the exact hardware names, so driver searching gets easier and Minetest will perform much better after the driver setup.

To join a MineClone 2 server the device will at least need a gigabyte of free RAM (did some local testing), anything less will either result in very poor performance or in the already mentioned crash on join.
Okay, so is EHE a program I can download?

Is that the same as a gig of free memory?

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

DrakeCahill13 wrote:
Krock wrote:To join a MineClone 2 server the device will at least need a gigabyte of free RAM (did some local testing)
Is that the same as a gig of free memory?
Yes.